PDA

View Full Version : Give me a break!

shark92651
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
This note was found in our door on Saturday and we all had a lot of fun with it and wanted to share. So for the first time in a year RifleGear was closed on a Saturday due to being short staffed on the holiday weekend, which was also the same weekend the Crossroads of the West Gun Show was in town. Since it was Thanksgiving weekend and we needed to be at the show, we decided to close the shop from Thursday - Saturday. Not only did we post a notice on our door a week in advance, we also posted a news item on the homepage of our website and posted here in Calguns. In addition anyone that called our phone system since Thursday would get the "after hours" announcement - i.e no-one was home.

P.S. "all the way from Mission Viejo" is about 15 minutes on the 405 :rolleyes: I'd understand you being upset if you drove from Riverside or San Diego - but Mission Viejo? - that's practically next door!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2737/4147694997_e93c836b39_o.png

Purple K
11-30-2009, 1:18 PM
I always call first on holiday weekends. It's saved me a lot of grief.

Packy14
11-30-2009, 1:58 PM
lol :) i drive from sd all the time... good seeing you guys today, as always :)

glock_this
11-30-2009, 2:04 PM
hey man, you wern't suppose to publish my :cuss: note.. I left that :cuss: thing for you guys not for the :cuss: public what the :cuss:

j/k.. but looks like the guy had the balls enough to leave a phone #?

shark92651
11-30-2009, 2:17 PM
hey man, you wern't suppose to publish my :cuss: note.. I left that :cuss: thing for you guys not for the :cuss: public what the :cuss:

j/k.. but looks like the guy had the balls enough to leave a phone #?

Yeah, I give him that. I actually thought about calling him but then what am I going to say to him? "Uhhh, sorry dude, please come back and forgive us for taking a "day off". Somehow working three days during my four day weekend doesn't really feel like a day off ;)

jrau13
11-30-2009, 2:41 PM
Wow! That's ballsy and like you said MV is not far at all.
Thanks for the great deal on the lower at the show and I see they are that price online now.

Tragic Image
11-30-2009, 2:51 PM
well.... not everyone can be a fan...

I'd call him and, while not apologizing, ask him what he needed and ask if he'd still like to order the item?

BONECUTTER
11-30-2009, 3:01 PM
How dare you.....you only published 4 different warning.....and Mission Viejo....isn't far in a car.....but what if he was walking....lol

Prolly the same type of guy who would leave that note on the bank door thats closed during a holiday weekend.

Heavy_Grinder
11-30-2009, 3:02 PM
I'd call him and, while not apologizing, ask him what he needed and ask if he'd still like to order the item?

Forget all that. His ignorant *** should have known better. If they were a member here (which i doubt) then they should/would have known that Riflegear and Company were going to be at costa mesa/gunshow. Better yet, if they knew that there was even a gunshow in town, then most local vendors would be there and *shop closed*

To have the audacity to leave a note showing off his displeasure in driving from point A to point B only to find that point B is closed is just too funny.

Fuzzy5
11-30-2009, 4:35 PM
What's with all these folks today who feel so entitled? I'm getting sick of it. I would guess that this guy's momma never told him "No!" for fearing of hurting his self esteem. That's certainly the parenting philosophy where I live and it's creating a generation of serious... uh... I can't think of a word mild enough to type here.

Anyway, I've driven to Riflegear from the San Francisco Bay Area because they're worth it! Ok, ok, so I was on my way to San Diego, but still- I'm sure it added at least 15 minutes swinging out of my normal route. Trust me, 15 minutes is an eternity with little kids who have been bottled up in a car for 6 hours. Then you have to figure in the 20 to 30 minutes of shooting the breeze with the staff and, well, that leads to a flustered wife who then needs to let crazy kids out of the car so they can run around the little strip of grass at the edge of the parking lot. Good thing that Casual Observer and Bonecutter were nice enough to let the kiddies use the bathroom, too, or else there would have been even more grief for the poor wife.

To get back to the point, as the poster above mentioned, I made sure to use this very cool little gadget I have- it's called a cell phone. That way, I didn't have to throw a tantrum that might force me to resort to leaving sniveling notes on the door. Sheesh.

Rule .308
11-30-2009, 5:06 PM
No kidding with the whole entitlement b.s., what the heck is it with that these days? This guy really needs a serious dose of reality. One thing that I have figured out in the years of running my own business, you don't really want everybody as your customer, there are some that you can truly do without and I would have to say that this sniveling wretch falls right into that catagory.
Oh, and thanks for the smoking deal on the CGN OLL and the killer service at the show this weekend, see you in 9 more days, and you had darn well be open or I will leave a whinning, sniveling note on your door man!!!!

Cokebottle
11-30-2009, 5:11 PM
Jeez... and I drove all the way from Chino just to check out the shop and say "hi" :rolleyes:

But I'm unemployed, and would have been more than happy to help out at your booth in exchange for a Calguns lower ;)

bubbapug1
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
My god...the gun show was really good but I couldn't hardly get to your tables it was such a mob scene. Its worth $20.00 just to see all of the craziness, although the craziness isn't so crazy any longer.

I hope you folks had a good show, it certainly looked like you did.

rcantu
12-02-2009, 12:06 AM
tell him if he buys $5000 of stuff from you, you'll discount him $20.

hochung
12-02-2009, 12:11 AM
would have been awesome if the name and phone number weren't blurred. LOL

high_revs
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
well. maybe it's good to find out on just a missed visit. i wonder how bad of a customer s/he would be if he actually was dissatisfied after spending $20 with you. LOL

i love you guys!

fcr
12-02-2009, 2:53 PM
Have to agree with the entitlement crap. "I am therefore I deserve".

onequickshift
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
What an idiot! My husband said he drove from short distanced Irvine to your guys shop in BUMPER TO BUMPER PM Traffic, and you guys waited for him! You guys are accomadating! And I believe it said somewhere you'd be close and be at the fair grounds? Ugh. Moron!

I got maxpedition bags and patches, and a few other goodies at the show :)
I shall save for 762 LWRCi rifle, hubby wants one too! They do come in diff colors right? lol.

Does magpul make mags for them?

SuperSet
12-06-2009, 6:44 AM
The good news is that you can rule out RoadWarrior since it's too short and doesn't have anything about the 9/11 conspiracy.

CHS
12-06-2009, 8:26 AM
I shall save for 762 LWRCi rifle, hubby wants one too! They do come in diff colors right? lol.

Yes, but they aren't in production yet.

Does magpul make mags for them?

Diablo
12-06-2009, 8:45 AM
Think of him as a potential customer. Give him a call and ask if he still wants to place an order. Nothing to lose but some $ to win..:punk:

Alfmann
12-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Mission Viejo and that dude's complaining? I drive from LANCASTER to pick up my stuff from Riflegear! I know, I know... probably cheaper to just have it shipped instead of paying for gas. But I like driving down there. I think I only had like one thing actually shipped to me. But that was because I didn't have time to go and pick it up myself.

That person should have just gone to the gun show. I went with my buddy on Saturday and we had a great time! Saw David and crew, and I love how that EMOD stock on the LWRC felt. Wishlist?! hahaha!

Terenus
12-06-2009, 1:58 PM
Please, I drive 45miles from LA. And I did it two days in a row. lol

Maddog5150
12-06-2009, 4:03 PM
I remember one time at work when this customer didnt remember to bring his second proof of residence and got really beligerant (this is why i dont DROS people without it, too many issues) he started shouting at me as if I would just release the firearms without it and finall said, "I drove all the way from Riverside!"
Me- "Sir, we are IN Riverside"
Him- "The other Riverside then!" :rolleyes:

Tragic Image
12-07-2009, 5:34 PM
Mission Viejo and that dude's complaining? I drive from LANCASTER to pick up my stuff from Riflegear! I know, I know... probably cheaper to just have it shipped instead of paying for gas. But I like driving down there. I think I only had like one thing actually shipped to me. But that was because I didn't have time to go and pick it up myself.

That person should have just gone to the gun show. I went with my buddy on Saturday and we had a great time! Saw David and crew, and I love how that EMOD stock on the LWRC felt. Wishlist?! hahaha!

Ha Ha, I'm from Palmdale, I was down there Saturday.

What time were you there? There were two guys in there when I was down there that were fondling all sorts of toys.

onequickshift
12-07-2009, 8:16 PM

Bundle of good news are you :rolleyes: :D He's ganna build his rifle, while I patiently save.

bambam8d1
12-07-2009, 11:15 PM
haha nice... I just made the drive to you folks from Riverside... Heard that I missed a bomb deal on a calguns lower at the show so I drove out last week. Gonna get to make the voyage again next week. But if I ever make the trip out there and you're closed Im definately gonna leave a note letting you know how upset I am haha. You guys rock

Alfmann
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Ha Ha, I'm from Palmdale, I was down there Saturday.

What time were you there? There were two guys in there when I was down there that were fondling all sorts of toys.

My buddy and I got to the show around maybe 1pm. We got a late start and probably spent too much time in the first two buildings (left two buildings when you walk in).

We just ran through the other two buildings (food side), before closing on Saturday. And we felt lazy to come back Sunday. LOL!

AndrewMendez
12-08-2009, 2:41 AM
Damn I drove from Burro Canyon on Saturday to pick up 2 CalGuns lowers! I have bought every single one of my guns from different Vendors, and I have yet to be pleased...UNTIL I WALKED INTO THE DOORS OF RIFLEGEAR! I will gladly make the drive from the 626 to pick up any of my future purchases!
p.s. Can you guys get me a Kimber Stainless Custom II with night sights?? Price?? You can PM if you would like!

Cokebottle
12-08-2009, 7:33 AM
Speaking of Calguns lowers... Is the $99 good until this batch is gone, or will they be reordered since supposedly JD still has "a lot".

CHS
12-08-2009, 7:58 AM
Speaking of Calguns lowers... Is the $99 good until this batch is gone, or will they be reordered since supposedly JD still has "a lot".

$99 until ALL Calguns lowers are gone from JD :)

Cokebottle
12-08-2009, 8:03 AM
$99 until ALL Calguns lowers are gone from JD :)
Whoot!

Cool... Gonna grab me one or two then, even if the build itself is back-burnered until I can build one into a pistol legally :D