PDA

View Full Version : Deltons - Poor Customer Service

Kceads
11-29-2009, 11:45 PM
I ordered three AR Lower Parts Kits from Deltons about 11 months ago and they just showed up a week ago. Needless to say I had located parts kits from another supplier about 9 months ago so I don't need them. They said they emailed me and said the order would be shipped but It was an email address that I not longer use. Considering that it had been almost a year since I placed the order, they could have at least given me a call. They weren't even willing to give me a credit which is very unreasonable! They have lost my business and I will share my experience with all those I come in contact with.

Acorn556
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
so you changed your email address and you're *****ing about it? EVERYONE was talking about how del-ton and model 1 was taking forever. sell them and be happy. I DOUBT you'll get much sympathy for changing your email and not canceling the order. You acquired new kits and didn't cancel and order? and you expected them to just cancel them for you? really?
Sell them for $50 each and be happy you got parts.

DanHuuN
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
so you changed your email address and you're *****ing about it? EVERYONE was talking about how del-ton and model 1 was taking forever. sell them and be happy. I DOUBT you'll get much sympathy for changing your email and not canceling the order. You acquired new kits and didn't cancel and order? and you expected them to just cancel them for you? really?
Sell them for $50 each and be happy you got parts.

AGREED.

Business is business. You cant complain about a business having bad customer service just because YOU changed your email....That's like saying, "Why do I need a HSC when I got a BFSC and they said it'll last forever?!?!" or "Why am I now a felon for not registering my AW?"

Sell them and be happy!

aplinker
11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
As much as it sucks it's your mistake.

Dangerpin
11-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I think it is reasonable to think that an ordered part, any ordered part, will come in faster than this. Del-ton isn't exactly forthcoming with information about order status. I ordered a simple leather sling from them 2 months ago and had to call them to find out the part I had ordered believing it was in stock was in fact never in stock and there was no time frame for it being in. There was nothing on the website indicating the item was backordered or out of stock nor did I ever get an email saying there would be a delay of any sort. I still haven't.

I really don't think the email change was that integral a part of the problem here. If you email a customer and get a NDR you should probably call or mail a letter to the address the credit card gets billed to.

And I appreciate the heads-up from Kceads, it lets me know that this isn't just a fluke, but a manifestation of poor customer service.

DREADNOUGHT78
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I placed an order for 3 LPK's from Del-Ton in Feb-Mrch of this year. I waited 3-4 months had heard nothing back from them and gave up bought LPK's elswhere. I sent them an e-mail and saying I would like to cancel my order they promptly responded and cancelled my order no question's asked. With all the stuff going on a few month's back a more pro-active approach would have been your best bet.

Seesm
11-30-2009, 2:20 AM
Sounds like your a owner of a new lpk... sell it to me cheap enough and I will buy it. :) Sucks buts it is your deal not theres. Sorry

technique
11-30-2009, 2:52 AM
Well, sell 2 but keep 1.
Its always good to have extra parts. I have bags full. Heck, I have a big bag of oversized FSB pins...how often do I need those? Almost never. But I have them!

railroader
11-30-2009, 6:21 AM
Del-ton got buried with orders last fall for rifles and kits. All the LPK's they could get were being used for them. They have finally caught up. At the height of the frenzy they had something like 30,000 orders out there. They aren't going to be calling people if they don't need to. If you didn't need the LPK's anymore you should have cancelled or at least changed your email with them. They assumed you still wanted the parts. Mark

sd1023x
11-30-2009, 9:20 AM
You didn't cancel your order and your still complaining? Think the mind meld machine over at Del-ton is not working.

EBWhite
11-30-2009, 9:26 AM
It still should not take that long for the order. He should have been given a refund when they were returned...