PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it? ABC7 is gonna show this!

Charliegone
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Just saw on abc7 (for us southern folk) that they are gonna show a special on women and big guns (machine guns). I hope it doesn't become a "ban more guns thing" and hopefully people become informed on the sport, etc.

artherd
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
...women and big guns (machine guns).
Awesome. Let me know how it goes.

PanzerAce
11-07-2005, 10:46 PM
when? and thats just the local abc channel right?

Charliegone
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
when? and thats just the local abc channel right?

I really don't remember when, but they said this week around wednesday, yes it is local abc7 LA area.

PanzerAce
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
ok, cool. Did it seem like it was a thing that All ABCs would do, but they just moved it to local to avoid bogging the main channel down, or is it really only a local thing, cause I want to see it if I can

Rascal
11-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Charlie, Please let us know how it went. Comming from the south, I don't have much faith that it will be good news for gunnies.

PanzerAce
11-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Charlie, Please let us know how it went. Comming from the south, I don't have much faith that it will be good news for gunnies.

Yah, its stuff like this that makes me think that to get any progress on repealing gun laws, we would have to start fighting durty. You know, making people all over the US think that you cant be safe in Cali, because you are not allowed to easily defend your self from attackers. It may be distasteful, but It also might be the only way to affect change. After all, those idiot law makers up in Sac only care about their pocket books and getting elected. And if we can make it seem like its all their fault that people dont wont come to california, we could actually affect change.

Rascal
11-08-2005, 2:08 PM
I do have to admit that after the N.O. fiasco that a lot more people are looking at gun control in a different light.
They now know that the gubmint IS NOT going to take care of them, and they are afraid.

A60P
11-08-2005, 6:14 PM
Listening to the broadcaster announce it.....it didn't seem to positive. Figures!

Guinness
11-08-2005, 8:42 PM
I saw the same thing, I was hoping I was dreaming it.. No, it didnt look positive.. If I remember right it looked like she was shooting a full auto AR..

Ofcourse, that couldnt be filmed in CA, cause it illegal here :rolleyes:

shecky
11-08-2005, 9:45 PM
I only saw a commercial for it a couple days ago. Didn't seem positive, nor negative either, more along the lines of a "people like to shoot full auto guns-and you'll never guess who (chicks)" teaser. I wonder where the footage was shot?

gobabygo
11-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I just heard a radio commercial for this. It's going to air tonight (Wednesday 11/9) on ABC7 after Lost and Invasion, so the 10pm news (Los Angeles, don't know about other markets).

I agree with the above poster... I think they're going for the shock factor of "OMG there are women that like to shoot big guns/machine guns!". At least the ad made it not seem to be gunbashing.

trbon8r
11-09-2005, 2:03 PM
Come on guys, you know this will be a piece of garbage made to make us look bad.

I love the promo ABC has been running on the radio calling it the "controversial" world of women and big guns. :rolleyes: What's so controversial about a bunch of people setting up some MGs in the middle of nowhere, firing off a few belts and then going home? It's just more hyperbole from the local news dorks that bring us "Storm Watch 2005" whenever it starts to sprinkle. :rolleyes:

Rivet
11-09-2005, 11:22 PM
No gun bashing at all. I was suprised.

Charliegone
11-09-2005, 11:24 PM
Wow. I thought it would be a negative towards gun owners. In fact it was pretty, neutral. They just showed some ladies shooting full auto firearms in Nevada at the Mustang Ranch. They even showed some dude talking about safety and how that was a very important aspect, etc. They even had a lady using a flame thrower! lol. I think I wanna go there now and give it a try.:D

bg
11-10-2005, 9:49 AM
I saw it and was pleasantly surprised as well. No anti gun
crap, just plain fun shootin' out in NV. Those women were
tearing it up. I think the sidearm was a Glock but it was a
full auto. I don't know which model it was..Even the
reporter got in on the fun..First time I think ABC has ever
shown a pc on shooting that wasn't an anti gun biased
report. Nice to know the sport is growing with women.
Now up to 4,000,000 or more. That'll work. :)

Rascal
11-11-2005, 2:52 PM
Let me tell you, that this is very good. Someone here on the board mentioned getting women into shooting, and that would make a big plus on our side. This just shows that this is true. We need to get more women into shooting! This will turn the tide.

Charliegone
11-11-2005, 6:17 PM
Let me tell you, that this is very good. Someone here on the board mentioned getting women into shooting, and that would make a big plus on our side. This just shows that this is true. We need to get more women into shooting! This will turn the tide.

Sure will. There a lot more women out there than men, so it would be wise to do so. Not to mention all the positives of a woman being able to defend herself.

shopkeep
11-14-2005, 8:33 PM
Actually my wife used to be HARDCORE anti-gun and I converted her. So, it can be done! I even started taking all her brothers to the gun range with me and got them involved too!