PDA

View Full Version : Some Californians say no more!

Charliegone
11-07-2005, 9:00 PM
Suspect Fatally ShotAttempted Robbery In Jewelry District

LOS ANGELES - A robbery suspect was killed and another was wounded in a gun battle with a downtown jewelry store owner, who also was wounded.

The shooting at Lucky Gems and Pearls in the 400 block of West Seventh Street was reported about 1:55 p.m., said Los Angeles police Officer Sara Faden.
One robbery suspect died at the scene, she said, adding that the store owner was shot in the wrist and hand.

The other suspect was taken to a hospital for treatment of a neck wound, police said.

Other store owners in the area told ABC7 that, like the proprietor targeted in the attempted heist, they are armed to protect themselves from robbers. They told the station that they hoped the death of the suspect sends a message to would-be thieves.

This was the second time the store had been held up, the station reported.

PanzerAce
11-07-2005, 9:48 PM
I feel sorry for the owner. I hope that getting shot was not do to any lack of training/shooting time on his part, but was instead random chance. As for owners sticking up for their rights, we can only hope that this prompts a shift in the CA publics attitude towards guns.

Mute
11-08-2005, 7:24 AM
Based on news reports, in sounded like the suspects came in and just ordered the owner on his knees and then shot him. They didn't do a good enough job since the owner managed to get to one of his guns. Good for him. Too bad he didn't kill both those murdering SOBs.

PanzerAce
11-08-2005, 8:22 AM
yah, but not like the other guy is going to see anything other than a courtroom, a hospital ceiling, and a prison cell for a VERY long time (I hope). I just wish that the owner hadnt had the misfortune to get shot in the process. :(

Rascal
11-08-2005, 11:25 AM
I hope more store owners start packing heat. It's time to save yourselves, and not wait to become a statistic.

Self defense is a natural Human Right.