View Full Version : Wobbly upper/lower combo

11-29-2009, 5:57 PM
Hey all, So I got hit with Black rifle disease pretty hard and am looking at building a few.

The first build I just recently finished-
20" Saber defense govt upper with detachable carry handle
Charles daily stripped lower
magpul miad grip, it freaking rules.
RRA parts kit
Standard a2 buttstock.

Overall it's a very KISS rifle, and I'm very happy with it, other than one thing.
I'm a little bugged by the amount of play in between the upper and lower when their attached. I know its really minimal, but Im a freaking perfectionist and I'd like a tight fit on my next build.

Do any of you guys have a good upper lower combo that fit like a glove?

I'm getting the idea that If I buy a matching upper and lower the play would be alot less....

11-29-2009, 5:59 PM
the play is normal. If it bugs you, just stick an earplug or accuwedge in there. getting matching lower/upper wont necessarily fix the problem. I have matching upper and lower and there is still a good amount of play between them.

I say spend more time shooting it and less time worrying about the little stuff!

11-29-2009, 6:01 PM
My tightest fit was a CMMG upper paired with any of my Anvil Arms lowers. It took a pen tip to push the rear take down pin out.

11-29-2009, 6:08 PM
true true, I know Im sweatin the small stuff.

my next builds gonna be exclusively spikes tactical, not too sure what the layouts gonna be though, thinking a 16 inch upper nice DD omega rail on it...

11-29-2009, 6:09 PM
My Kaiser Defense lower locks together tightly with my Armalite upper. There is no play at all.

11-29-2009, 8:10 PM
JP makes an adjustable pin. I could not get the accuwedge to work in mine.
Even after cutting it down. I'll try the ear plug fix.