PDA

View Full Version : ADDAX or PWS

sacshooter1
11-29-2009, 3:15 PM
I am thinking of buying either a Primary Weapons System or an Addax GPU for use on a patrol carbine. Does anyone have any experience with either of them for patrol use, or just use in general? What are the major differences between the two?

supermario
11-29-2009, 3:19 PM
Addax is the authorized builder of the PWS long stroke piston Upper. So buy from Addax and your getting the PWS upper! Great Uppers and Great service from Addax!

technique
11-29-2009, 3:20 PM
Better parts come from Addax.
You can get a wider variety of styles to choose from, barrels...etc.

Just get the Addax!

glockwise2000
11-29-2009, 3:32 PM
I am thinking of buying either a Primary Weapons System or an Addax GPU for use on a patrol carbine. Does anyone have any experience with either of them for patrol use, or just use in general?

I would say that I would rely my life on their GPU system. Very reliable and the most easy system to clean.

What are the major differences between the two?

Addax is based here in California and they are one of the few who sells the PWS GPU. PWS is the manufacturer of parts that Addax uses on their GPU.

I would say get your GPU at Addax. They have good quality service and the persons out there are very friendly and very knowledgeable.

Jpach
11-29-2009, 3:35 PM
Addax GPU. I dont have any experience with one but EVERYONE who has em seems to love em. And Chris at Addax treats a brotha right. So treat him right by getting your upper through him ;)

pacrimguru
11-29-2009, 3:55 PM
ADDAX all the way!

Wilhelm
11-29-2009, 4:34 PM
Chris built my upper. Its not a GPU but I can only say good things about his customer service. He built it right in the middle of the crisis hooked me up and stayed right on schedule for the most part.

tomd1584
11-29-2009, 6:04 PM
+1 for Addax. Chris' is super cool and his customer service is top notch.

X-NewYawker
11-29-2009, 6:05 PM
Addax
Read the account on the Hooper Bay alaska PD buying their upper -- works in 50 below.

sacshooter1
11-29-2009, 7:03 PM
So it sounds like ADDAX is the way to go then. Now I just gotta take the plunge then go buy a bunch of ammo. Thanks for all the input.

Addax
11-29-2009, 9:08 PM
Thank You for the Great Recommendations Guys!:D

Hi Sacshooter,

As you already know, we build our ATAC GPU's using the PWS Long Stroke Piston System.

What sets us apart from PWS is we are more of a custom shop in terms of being able to offer various options with our Gas Piston Uppers vs. PWS.

With our Gas Piston Uppers, we currently offer options such as the Vltor MUR upper, the ASA Side Charging Upper, 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel Calibers, various barrel lengths up to 16" long, and we can install different muzzle attachment options that suites our clients requirements/needs.

Some of our options might not be listed on our website, so don't hesitate to ask. We get requests all the time for certain barrel types like the Sabre Defence Chrome Lined Barrels, or the WOA Stainless Carbine Barrels.

Also, our bolt carrier groups are treated with a coating called Microslick, which is from NIC industries. Microslick is a Ceramic Based Dry Film Lubricant coating that aids in reducing friction during use.

Microslick is not hard like chrome or Ion Bond, instead, it will polish down and mash the ceramic properties of its coating into the pours of the steel on the bolt carrier group during use, which allows the carrier to operate with much less lubrication vs. using a carrier with the standard phosphate finish.

We are also building a lot of customized DI AR's for folks who do not want to go with a Piston Driven AR.

We only use high quality components in all of our builds (Gas Piston and DI), and I personally QC, and test fire and each upper we build before we ship them to our clients.

We have built many Gas Piston and DI uppers for LEO's in California, and across the US.

I would be happy to set you up with one of our uppers, and we will extend our Law Enforcement Discount to you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at sales@adxtactical.com, or just give us a call at 818-886-5008

Thank you,

Chris

hkdad
11-29-2009, 9:32 PM
+1 for ADDAX. absolutely amazing customer service and awesome products! :thumbsup:

X-NewYawker
11-29-2009, 11:07 PM
ADD-DAX!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/_MG_6349.jpg