11-29-2009, 4:00 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee264/novabrian/bullets020.jpg

Joe
11-29-2009, 4:06 PM
cool guns. looks like its time for an ar

nn3453
11-29-2009, 4:09 PM

And a bolt action. Looks like you have most of the actions covered.

novabrian
11-29-2009, 4:10 PM

I know .I can't figure out the laws for one.I'm not buying one of those top loading hunk of junks.

OutlawDon
11-29-2009, 4:18 PM
I know .I can't figure out the laws for one.I'm not buying one of those top loading hunk of junks.

http://calnra.com/cgi-bin/flowchart.cgi

joelogic
11-29-2009, 4:19 PM
Just go to your local gun store and shop around. Most places are carrying CA legal AR's now.

IrishPirate
11-29-2009, 4:24 PM

click the CA AW ID Flowchart button right under the home button near the top of the screen. It'll explain everything you need to know about AW's.

Is that a lever action 30-30? I love those damn guns!!!

Jpach
11-29-2009, 4:39 PM
You dont have to buy those POS top loading ARs anymore. You can now have them in configurations that allow the usage of your high-caps with regular mag release (but with no evil features, youll understand what I mean after you read the Flowchart) or you can use a bullet button and have evil features and use 10rd mags or less. Either way , top loading is a thing of the past.

Nice carbine btw

Beatone
11-29-2009, 4:41 PM

And a AK. :D

novabrian
11-29-2009, 5:00 PM
click the CA AW ID Flowchart button right under the home button near the top of the screen. It'll explain everything you need to know about AW's.

Is that a lever action 30-30? I love those damn guns!!!

Yes it's a 30-30.It's awesome to shoot.

Ok so basically if its a brand not on this list i.e.Stag Arms,CMMG,Aero Precision,Yankee Hill Etc. and it has a bullet button.I can own it?

American Spirit: USA Model
Armalite: AR 10 (all), M15 (all)
Armalite: Golden Eagle
Bushmaster: XM15 (all)
Colt: Law Enforcement (6920)
Colt: Match Target (all)
Colt: Sporter (all)
Dalphon: B. F. D.
DPMS: Panther (all)
Eagle Arms: EA-15 A2 H-BAR, EA-15 E1
Eagle Arms: M15 (all)
Frankford Arsenal: AR-15 (all)
Hesse Arms: HAR 15A2 (all)
Knights: RAS (all), SR-15 (all)
Knights: SR-25 (all)
Les Baer: Ultimate AR (all)
Olympic Arms: AR-15, Car-97, PCR (all)
Ordnance, Inc.: AR-15
Palmetto: SGA (all)
Professional Ordnance, Inc.: Carbon 15 Rifle
PWA: All Models
Rock River Arms, Inc.: Car A2
Rock River Arms, Inc.: Car A4 Flattop
Rock River Arms, Inc.: LE Tactical Carbine
Rock River Arms, Inc.: NM A2 - DCM Legal
Rock River Arms, Inc.: Standard A-2
Rock River Arms, Inc.: Standard A-4 Flattop
Wilson Combat: AR-15

blackrifle242
11-29-2009, 6:24 PM
no offense but it is hard to believe that someone on Calguns doesn't know the legality of an OLL AR or AK. This forum is over run with them. If you go to any Blackrifle friendly shop, you will find a legal lower and then the rest can be bought online or through the many fine people on Calguns.

StraightArch
11-29-2009, 6:37 PM
Yes it's a 30-30.It's awesome to shoot.

Ok so basically if its a brand not on this list i.e.Stag Arms,CMMG,Aero Precision,Yankee Hill Etc. and it has a bullet button.I can own it?

Yep. As long as the lower its not on the list and its got a bullet button your good EXCEPT you can only use 10rd mags. :(

If you want to shoot more than 10rd mags than you have to have a lower off the list AND none of the "evil features". This setup allows you to shoot 10rd+ mags and you DONT need a bullet button. :83:

Yikes I hope that wasn't too confusing.:confused:

novabrian
11-29-2009, 8:38 PM
no offense but it is hard to believe that someone on Calguns doesn't know the legality of an OLL AR or AK. This forum is over run with them. If you go to any Blackrifle friendly shop, you will find a legal lower and then the rest can be bought online or through the many fine people on Calguns.

Well I didn't really care about the legalities of that OLL stuff until recently.I now have a wild hair to get an AR-15.I kind of understand it.But it just seems so stupid that is seems to depend only on the name brand of the lower.

novabrian
11-29-2009, 8:39 PM
Yep. As long as the lower its not on the list and its got a bullet button your good EXCEPT you can only use 10rd mags. :(

If you want to shoot more than 10rd mags than you have to have a lower off the list AND none of the "evil features". This setup allows you to shoot 10rd+ mags and you DONT need a bullet button. :83:

Yikes I hope that wasn't too confusing.:confused:

No I got it.Thanks

StraightArch
11-29-2009, 8:41 PM
Well another section of the law stated that all guns that looked like military firearms would be banned but it was overturned defaulting to the arbitrary list you see today.

novabrian
11-29-2009, 8:46 PM
Oh thanks for the added info.

DREADNOUGHT78
11-29-2009, 9:11 PM
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee264/novabrian/bullets020.jpg

Wherer did you get the handguard and fake supressor forthe the GSG?

novabrian
11-29-2009, 9:45 PM
Wherer did you get the handguard and fake supressor forthe the GSG?

It came that way.It's the SD model.I bought it from Turners.The have them onsale from time to time.

C_1
11-30-2009, 1:00 PM
Get an AK, AR, and FAL, to round it out. A bolt action would be nice as well. Nice guns btw!

Write Winger
11-30-2009, 1:19 PM

Up until I happened upon calguns a couple months ago looking for kindred spirit, I had no idea about OLLs or bullet buttons or flow charts. I thought I'd never see an AR again.

When people new to all this come around here, let's make it a learning experience. Most people don't know and this will be the first they'll hear of it.

joemama
11-30-2009, 4:47 PM
Up until I happened upon calguns a couple months ago looking for kindred spirit, I had no idea about OLLs or bullet buttons or flow charts. I thought I'd never see an AR again.

When people new to all this come around here, let's make it a learning experience. Most people don't know and this will be the first they'll hear of it.

I agree, I joined last year and was on the verge of buying a keltec because i thought ar-15's and ak's were banned. Now I have an ar-10 and 15 and my wife has a ar-15:D I've informed quite a bit of people already about the legalities of them and they had no idea.