PDA

View Full Version : Foresthill Range clean up 12/27/09 **STATUS: Unsuccessful** Pics Pg. 9 and on

scoob_i_e
11-29-2009, 1:16 PM
UPDATE ON THE WEATHER:........................................ ALSO PM ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE MY PHONE NUMBER

Supposedly it will be raining on the day we go. (12/27).

Let it be known I still plan to go. Seesm, the guy heading up the clean up, also still plans to go.

So if you are willing to put up with some rain then you can still meet us up there..........................

Me personally I wouldn't be swayed from going due to weather. Not everyone is going to feel the same however. So naturally, it's up to everyone whether they still would like to go.

If nothing else, we can still meet at the Raley's off I-80 and then proceed to either an indoor or sheltered outdoor shooting range. However I'm not familiar with the area.... Might anyone suggest a nearby range that will also keep us out of any semi-inclement weather?

Hopefully everyone checks in here real soon to see this. Very late notice, I realize. But again, I am still going and as a back up option we can attempt to caravan into a nearby range that will keep us out of the rain. That is, if everyone is up to the idea.

I realize shooting was not the point of this meet up, rather cleaning/community service was the intent. But it's either we do something or nothing at all. It sucks to say the least, that everyone managed to pull their schedules together to go do this only to let it be a wasted effort. So yeah let's at least go do some shooting if not cleaning.

So, a couple of us will be there at the meet up spot at the original time. We'll wait for you. We'll go from there.

****************************************** Notice:******************************************* *

If by Dec 20th, the majority of people still have picked Dec 27 as the day that works best for them, then we will by default proceed with that date as the finalized date.

************************************************** ***********************************************

DIRECTIONS:

In case you might have missed the information further into this thread, the location/time to meet up is going to be the Raley's in Auburn off of I-80 at 9 am.

The Raley's is at the Auburn Ravine/Foresthill exit No. 121

Directions from I-80.........

Exit from I-80, onto Foresthill Rd.

If you're traveling NE you will exit and take a right onto Foresthill Rd.

And if you're traveling SE on I-80 you will exit, then take a left onto Foresthill Rd.

After turning onto Foresthill Rd. get to the first intersection. The intersection is Lincoln Wy. and Foresthill Rd. (The Raley's is on the NE corner of the intersection.)

Turn left onto Lincoln Wy. and the Raley's is already to your immediate right....

Can't miss the Raley's since it's right off the freeway.

Here is simply a pinpoint location of the Raley's in case my directions are confusing (or you can stick to the written directions if your computer isn't bringing up the link or you're not using I-80)....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=38.924611,-121.052535&spn=0.007395,0.013626&z=16&msid=116911194859005200492.00047a16ef8dbcf35cf72

Orig. message:

Edit: Sorry for the vague-ness of the location of the range, but seesm (the guy who headed the last clean up at this spot just a week ago) wants to keep the location somewhat secret. So but anyway (as my subject line on the message now says) the range/shooting spot is in Foresthill.

And oh yeah as someone pointed out, for some reason I forgot to mention the clean up was a RANGE clean up. :)

Also, I figure the poll option is going to be more useful as a means of compiling a list of the volunteers.... So that rather than having to write-in a response as to whether you could make it or not you could simply--and rather quickly--just check a box.

The poll might also make it easier to coordinate with everyone since directions are going to be sent out individually.

Figured a new thread needed to be put up to draw more notice. (There was the start of a discussion to get another clean up going in a previous thread.)

There is a range clean up that was originally planned for Dec 27th next month. As the message title reads; it's in Placer County.

Started thinking, if a certain date doesn't work out for anyone, what do you all think about the idea of the option of alternative dates?

So, alternatively, if the 27th isn't a good day, then the other options could be:

1/3/10 or 1/10/10.

I made the poll/options in the hopes that it would allow us to see what date the majority will be able to make it, naturally.

Seesm
11-29-2009, 8:14 PM
I am open to pretty much whatever day you choose most likely.

kayaker
11-29-2009, 8:35 PM
Clean up what?

Seesm
11-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Ahhhh Kayaker... just peek below and you will see the placer county clean up we did a few weeks ago... :) JK

darkmatter
11-29-2009, 11:03 PM
scoobi,

I am new to calguns and firearms in general. I would be more than happy to help clean up the range and meet some fellow calguners. Please let me know what day and were this range is located.

Seesm
11-29-2009, 11:16 PM
We will lead everyone in... Not the hardest place to find but not the easiest either...

Uriah02
11-29-2009, 11:22 PM
which range?

sierrawoodsman
11-29-2009, 11:30 PM
count me in:)

ponderosa
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Whereabouts? Like a general area. Near what city at least? PM if top secret. I'm near Colfax...

Thanks.

Purple K
11-30-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm in!

Seesm
11-30-2009, 1:17 AM
Not top secret but I personally only want people to shoot there that are responsable enough to clean at least just the sh*t they dragged in. (I suspect that is what we all want right?)

Again not super secret persay as I say just not the easiest to find it is in forresthill however...

We can all meet at the Raleys parking lot on the day (looks to be Dec 27th so far) And maybe grab some grub after. Excited to get the place clean.

We did a fair bit with just 2 adults and 2 kids so I know a few more of us can make some stuff happen.

I am trying to find some property out this way and if I do find the "place" I will make a official Cal Guns shooting gallery there.... :)

Seesm
11-30-2009, 1:19 AM
In so far:

Purple K
Seesm (me)
Scoob_i_e
BigChris?
Ponderosa?
Sierrawoodmen
btw I am tossing ItsmrJames in too!!

ZakAttackMan
11-30-2009, 2:19 AM
I'm in Please PM me with the Final Date and Time

scoob_i_e
11-30-2009, 8:34 AM
I am open to pretty much whatever day you choose most likely.

Same here. My schedule is flexible (so long as the time of day is VERY early.)

And whatever works for the majority works for me.

And since so far it looks like Dec 27th will probably stay the day to go.....Well then that day also works for me. :)

scoobi,

I am new to calguns and firearms in general. I would be more than happy to help clean up the range and meet some fellow calguners. Please let me know what day and were this range is located.

I appear to be stealing Seesm's thunder.... Only kidding..... But Seesm is the one that let me know about this range and he headed up the last clean up and he will also be the one heading this clean up. I just seem to be the one taking credit for everything. :)

But yes absolutely, we'll definitely coordinate this...... And thanks for the offer to help.

Seesm
11-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Scoobie no worries I am not worrying about who gets any thunder. I just wanting to show we can get stuff together and make stuff happen and of course keep these shooting areas open.

We can not give the antis more fuel to burn us.

Seesm
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Purple K
Seesm (me)
Scoob_i_e
BigChris?
Ponderosa?
Sierrawoodmen
Placergold1
husky44
zacattackman

Please jump on...

timdps
11-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Are we talking about the range at the quarry?

tim

Seesm
11-30-2009, 1:18 PM
Nope... it is on a vista waay out there.

husky44
11-30-2009, 5:25 PM
I'll be there for sure..The pits a mess too with all the squids shooting and camping there..Sad:(

Domenic

rory223cal
11-30-2009, 6:02 PM
Count me in please and let me know if that date is for sure.

pdq_wizzard
11-30-2009, 6:39 PM
what's the snow like at this time of the year? I don't have a truck so it has to be car passable.

Purple K
11-30-2009, 6:41 PM
We're going to meet at one location and convoy together. If you don't think your vehicle has enough clearance you can ride with me.

Seesm
11-30-2009, 7:35 PM
Right after a snow... I think a 2wd would suck... BUt I think more of us have 4wd so that would work out for us all.

But no matter what we can work it out.

cactus
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought Foresthill was already closed down? Any ways im in depending on the time I have church in the morning.

ZakAttackMan
12-01-2009, 1:07 AM
Purple K
Seesm (me)
Scoob_i_e
BigChris?
Ponderosa?
Sierrawoodmen
Placergold1
husky44
zacattackman

Please jump on...

Spelled my name WRONG I think I know the place you are talking about. I would need a ride at some point because of no 4WD.

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:12 AM
Sorry ZAK!! I type far too fast...

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:13 AM

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:13 AM

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:14 AM

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:14 AM

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:15 AM
Sorry Zak!!

Seesm
12-01-2009, 2:15 AM
Sorry Zak!!

scoob_i_e
12-01-2009, 7:57 AM
Use the poll!! No one's using the poll..... :)

Eh, I guess it was a little cheesy.

Hoop
12-01-2009, 9:17 AM
I would like to help. I used to shoot up in Foresthill all the time when I was a kid. I am available pretty much any weekend, just pm me when and where.

Purple K
12-01-2009, 9:31 AM
Spelled my name WRONG I think I know the place you are talking about. I would need a ride at some point because of no 4WD.

There will be rides available.

Sleepy1988
12-01-2009, 7:17 PM
I would like to go. Just out of curiosity, can you drive right up to this place, and is there a trail that goes to the North Fork of the American River nearby?

rolex87
12-01-2009, 7:50 PM
I have never been to this place so i might as well learn where it is and help clean up at the same time.

The 27th or the 3rd is better for me. I think the 10th is closer to the start of my semester.

I've had issues receiving notification emails so please PM me when details are fully set. I also have a Scion xB which is lowered...I'll try to get my dad's explorer. Sometimes the side of the road scrapes my car! I also do photography so I can probably bring my camera too. For clarification, will there be any shooting at all? I haven't gotten to do any this semester...

nagorb
12-01-2009, 8:22 PM
Is this off of 80? if so I'm heading to Tahoe on 12/27, I cant stay long but I'd love to stop by and help out.

Sleepy1988
12-01-2009, 9:00 PM
Is this off of 80? if so I'm heading to Tahoe on 12/27, I cant stay long but I'd love to stop by and help out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=Foresthill&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Foresthill,+CA&gl=us&ei=GfQVS-GCF5SQMc_R0LcG&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA

You exit 80 in Auburn and then it's about 17 miles to Foresthill. I would imagine the range is located a bit beyond the town.

Seesm
12-02-2009, 8:53 PM
Auburn Ravine exit we will meet at the Raleys at what do you think 9am? Some woudl like to get a earlier start and I suspect some a later one but I think its a ok time.. WHat do you all think?

rolex87
12-02-2009, 9:06 PM
I assume it's the 27th? Has it been changed in the OP?

Purple K
12-02-2009, 9:49 PM
No time will satisfy everyone..... 9 is great!

ZakAttackMan
12-03-2009, 1:56 AM
The Earlier (the more time I can stay) the Better for me

scoob_i_e
12-04-2009, 2:12 PM
I'll be there for sure..The pits a mess too with all the squids shooting and camping there..Sad:(

Domenic

Is this a an old mining quarry?..... I'm curious as to where this location is.

Also, would this location perhaps be a potential spot for a future clean up?

Thanks.

krshrpr
12-04-2009, 3:33 PM
I'm willing to help out. PM me the day, time, and meeting place. The sooner the better. So I can arrange for a baby sitter for my toddlers.

leitung
12-04-2009, 4:28 PM
I am in for whatever, I have a 4x4 pickup with quad cab so I can haul and take some ppl w/o 4x4 in if need be. Let me know.. I voted on a date.

I only know of one range near foresthill and that's the grizzly range that LEOs and Sierra College use, its closed to the public and is locked and posted.

Seesm
12-04-2009, 6:31 PM
Cool.... Sooo who is doing a head count?

Who is for sure IN? And who is a maybe?

We should start here and go around to all the local trash dumps so we can keep these places open and get them off the antis radars.

rolex87
12-04-2009, 6:36 PM
I am down for sure on the 27th, assuming I can grab a ride with someone.

What do we need to bring? I've never done this sort of thing before...

Mike

Purple K
12-04-2009, 9:58 PM
I am down for sure on the 27th, assuming I can grab a ride with someone.

What do we need to bring? I've never done this sort of thing before...

Mike

Rakes, shovels and gloves. Not neccessarily in that order.....lol :D

ZakAttackMan
12-07-2009, 7:42 AM
Just heard from a friend who lives in Foresthill got 14 inches and snow this morning and it's still coming down.

Not trying to put a damper on things but I dont know how well a clean up would work if everting is under snow??

rolex87
12-07-2009, 7:56 AM
Rakes, shovels and gloves. Not neccessarily in that order.....lol :D

sounds good, i'll have to raid the garden shed!

as for the snow, depending on what elevation the snow starts at I might have to take a different car up there. Living in the city, my snow driving experience is nil

sierrawoodsman
12-07-2009, 9:05 AM
There is about 16" at my place, a s@#$ load more above town.

rcschummers
12-07-2009, 1:39 PM
for people new to this range please try not to bring a bunch of new people, last thing anybody wants is for it to end up like the colfax spot.

Seesm
12-07-2009, 3:43 PM
Rcsc and Itsmrjames probably hate I am trying to clean this up as it is a cool spot and yeah he is right... But in the same breathe I think we need to keep it clean so they do not shut it down... But they have no trains to shoot at there so I think it can stay open unlike colfax.

Snow may be a issue... but may melt if not I can bring some propane torches... :) JK

scoob_i_e
12-07-2009, 4:05 PM
Weather permitting--or rather what the weather has done to the ground, we'll try to go. I was thinking snow might get in the way of a clean up planned for late into Dec. But then I felt that if we attempted to go at an earlier date, there wouldn't have been enough warning ahead of time.

Screwed either way, I guess, right?.... Too early warning, not enough people can make it but wait too long into the winter months and the weather craps on you.

Oh well we'll see......

On a side note; Where I live, well below the snow line, there was some slush falling. I'm at 250 ft. :)

rolex87
12-07-2009, 8:24 PM
for people new to this range please try not to bring a bunch of new people, last thing anybody wants is for it to end up like the colfax spot.

just bringing myself, lack of shooting friends is why I go out so little

Purple K
12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
The rain is gonna melt all the snow so that our clean-up will be a success..... I Love Mother Nature!

nagorb
12-09-2009, 2:25 PM
I'm headed up to Tahoe the same day so if I leave early enough me and my girl will stop by for an hour or two to give you guys a hand. Can I get there in a car or do I need a truck?

Hoop
12-10-2009, 12:42 PM
So how hard is it to get into this supersecret place? Is it a tight 4wd trail or just a muddy road?

Seesm
12-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Muddy road.... sometimes icey (its a little off camber) but just slow and steady off the road... 3 minutes your at the place.

Purple K
12-14-2009, 1:50 PM
Seesm says "Dec 27th 9am Raleys parking lot (off the Auburn - Ravine exit off hwy 80 in Auburn"

IrishPirate
12-14-2009, 1:57 PM
just a quick question....about how long of a drive would you say it is from Roseville to the range? it's about 20-25 min to the raley's, how much further from there? could be a spot i'd like to shoot and help clean up once our house is built if it's not too far away. any chance you'd be willing to post a lat/long or google earth pic of the area???

Seesm
12-14-2009, 9:57 PM
20 minutes further... Nice drive. Not interested in doing any lat and long as I do not want EVERYONE plugging that in and dumping more... AND most important I have no idea how to do that. But again I was brought there by itsmrjames and I do not want to blitz this spot with 1000's of people...

trailbuster
12-17-2009, 1:26 PM
I live in Foresthill and can meet you there on any date after the 29th. If you could send me a message as to which range you are talking about since there are a few out there that I go to.

BTW all of them can use a clean up :) We end up coming out with some stuff in the truck every time. I never bring anything but paper targets to shoot as there is always a ton of junk out there to pull out already.

sprintcar
12-19-2009, 3:00 PM
I can make it. Sounds like fun.

Seesm
12-20-2009, 2:44 PM
I think it will be!!

riprap
12-20-2009, 5:30 PM
I live between the MV/Clipper Gap and Colfax exists off of 80. Sunday the 27th works perfect. Iíll bring a wheel borrow, rake, shovel, and 4x4 pickup. See ya'll at Raleyís, 9:00 a.m.

How about grub at Ikedaís afterward?

Seesm
12-20-2009, 7:51 PM
I live between the MV/Clipper Gap and Colfax exists off of 80. Sunday the 27th works perfect. Iíll bring a wheel borrow, rake, shovel, and 4x4 pickup. See ya'll at Raleyís, 9:00 a.m.

How about grub at Ikedaís afterward?

Ikeda's Heck yeah I like where your heads at...

leitung
12-20-2009, 8:46 PM
My work changed my hours I have to work sunday morning tuesday wednesday are my days off. saturday i can do mornings

Purple K
12-20-2009, 8:57 PM
I'm still in for Sunday.

rolex87
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Since I have never been there, is there snow on the ground? I have to bring my Scion as my dad is taking his truck out that day. I can bring a shovel but I will need a ride in from whereever the road gets muddy...thanks

Purple K
12-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Since I have never been there, is there snow on the ground? I have to bring my Scion as my dad is taking his truck out that day. I can bring a shovel but I will need a ride in from whereever the road gets muddy...thanks

there will be rides available from the meeting spot.

rolex87
12-20-2009, 11:18 PM
nice, sounds good

JD586
12-23-2009, 6:21 PM
has this date been decided? I can't see it on my phone

Seesm
12-24-2009, 8:29 PM
has this date been decided? I can't see it on my phone

Yes the 27th is it... Bring guns and ammo so you can shoot as well... If it is too snowy well then it's a Cal Guns shoot only then. :)

rolex87
12-24-2009, 8:31 PM
Well, it looks like I may be unable to attend due to a developing family issue which is a huge bummer since I have never been up to this spot...

Seesm, I will still contact you when all my parts come in so I can get shooting again!

leitung
12-25-2009, 7:23 PM
I will see what my work thing looks like for Sunday, I am out for medical reasons until Saturday but I am pretty sure Sunday I am working again as I am out monday for a doctor's appointment.
Let me see what I can do, maybe I can work it out and be up there, what time are you all meeting?

I really want to be there is I have a 4x4 pickup with mud and snow tires I can haul 6 people including myself in.

I will see what I can do with the boss tomorrow.

husky44
12-26-2009, 4:56 PM
Iíve been sick for the last four days, great way to spend Christmas:(. I was looking forward to this event but will have to pass tomorrow. Hopefully we can schedule another clean-up date soon.

Domenic

riprap
12-26-2009, 5:15 PM
In!

Purple K
12-26-2009, 5:39 PM
I'm gonna let the rain keep me away. Everyone please look at the updated original post.

Hoop
12-26-2009, 5:43 PM
I should be there. I may bring a couple pistols to shoot but mainly just want to see this place.

placergold1
12-26-2009, 7:25 PM
I really wanted to participate but between the poor weather and my mom staying at our house until Monday (can't leave wife home alone with the mother in law, you know)I'm doubtful to attend. Hopefully we can arrange another date soon--there seems to be a lot of people who want to attend.

scoob_i_e
12-26-2009, 9:13 PM
Man I am up late posting this but anyway....

If anyone missed the update I included in the original message about the weather then I am including the information here.

Rain is expected tomorrow on 12/27 the date we are planning to attend the clean up.

If you're still interested in going regardless of weather, then know that I and Seesm--he's the guy who is heading up this clean up--will still be going.

So, you can meet us up at the Raley's at 9 am if you still want to go.

sprintcar
12-26-2009, 9:19 PM
I can still make. Where in the parking lot are we meeting? I will be in a F250 crewcab longbed 4x4 white . I'll bring some rakes and a couple guns:61:

scoob_i_e
12-26-2009, 9:46 PM
Don't know whether anyone will even have the chance to see this message in time (or any of my other recent/late messages) but anyway......

Okay for any of the hard-core types that would still be interested in going despite the weather, here are some options:

A. Clean up, then drag our sorry selves back home.

B. Clean up, try to go shoot elsewhere. Or....

C. Clean up, go shoot and/or eat after.

scoob_i_e
12-26-2009, 9:55 PM
Hey sprint car glad to see you'll still be coming.....

We can meet up toward the front of the Raley's. Also sent you a PM.

For anyone else whom still plans to go despite the weather:

I'll be in a beige colored minivan. And as sprint car said, he's in a white ford truck.

So I guess now you can be on the lookout for at least the van I'm in and (when sprintcar arrives) the white diesel truck.

If anyone would like, you can PM me and I can give you my phone number in case you get lost or are having trouble locating us in the parking lot.

Seesm
12-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I will either be in a little 4x4 green toyota pu with a cab on it or a full size white Z71 GMC 4x4 pickup. (no cab) :)

rolex87
12-27-2009, 12:46 AM
well, my family issue got solved tonight so I will be there.

seesm, i will bring some stuff for you to look at as described in my PM

I dont have any ammo or working gun stuff so I am cool to help out at a minimum.

-Mike

Wulf
12-27-2009, 8:47 AM
Leaving for raleys now. red toy.

sprintcar
12-27-2009, 3:08 PM
The clean up went off without a hitch NOT!! Just after Foresthill it was snowing.http://http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh373/sprintcar63/0022.jpg
We all made it to the cleanup site but it was not to be with snow everywere.[IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh373/sprintcar63/008.jpg
We did take some of the stuff out but not much this time.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 4:19 PM
As mentioned above, turned out to be an unsuccessful range clean up due to weather.

We did shoot however.

We would have been able to successfully conduct the clean up were it not for the snow that fell early in the AM prior to us arriving.

Of all the days... The weather waits for the day we go.........

Not a surprise though. Weather related inhibitors are expected at this time of year. We thought we'd try for a date in late Dec in spite of that. Took the risk, and we lost. :)

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 4:25 PM
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac283/scoob_i_e/Groupb-1.jpg

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 4:42 PM
I can't get the pic to save any larger than that....

riprap
12-27-2009, 4:52 PM
riprap?--Not sure on that one
Correct.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 4:56 PM
Correct.

Thanks got it.

rolex87
12-27-2009, 5:30 PM
the pic is not showing up

But it was nice to meet everyone and have some fun!

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 5:35 PM
Alright this is the only way I know how to "enlarge" the pic.

Here's a better view of us in case you wanted to see our ugly mugs......

Actually it kinda feels like you don't even have a picture if you can't at least identify people's faces.... So I made us easier to see.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac283/scoob_i_e/G1b-1.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac283/scoob_i_e/G2.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac283/scoob_i_e/G3.jpg

riprap
12-27-2009, 5:36 PM
Thanks got it.

Me goof. Iím second from right. Wulf is second from left.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 5:37 PM
the pic is not showing up

But it was nice to meet everyone and have some fun!

There. Fixed it. Been doing quite a bit of editing.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 5:39 PM
Me goof. Iím second from right. Wulf is second from left.

Think I have it.... So I just needed to reverse the two of you?

riprap
12-27-2009, 5:41 PM
Think I have it.... So I just needed to reverse the two of you?
Yes.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 5:44 PM
Oh and is that actually how his name is spelled? Wulf with a U? Not an O?

Requiem
12-27-2009, 6:09 PM
I'd be happy to help clean up either as a group or by myself if I go there to shoot. Is there info you can give on where exactly the range is? Next time you have a clean up, shoot me a pm.

riprap
12-27-2009, 6:15 PM
Oh and is that actually how his name is spelled? Wulf with a U? Not an O?
Yes.

scoob_i_e
12-27-2009, 6:20 PM
Thank-yee again. :)

leitung
12-27-2009, 9:17 PM
Damm it's up far enough that snow was a problem? Anyway, lets shoot for a saturday next time, so I can make it!

I had to work 8 am to 4pm.. lame

Saturdays I work 4pm-2am so it works better for me to do a morning...

itsmrjames
12-27-2009, 9:46 PM
we did drag some crap out, but not enough. sorry i was a bit late and sorry about the crummy look on my face.. im tired.

im out there a lot and will update the snow status as it changes.

placergold1
12-27-2009, 9:46 PM
Sorry I missed the chance to shoot today. I'll keep an eye out for the next date, it looks like a lot of fun.

Seesm
12-27-2009, 10:01 PM
In post #97 I look like a FREAk with my shooting glasses on (we were done why did I not pull them off?) WTF? :) Hey but thanks for everyone coming out sorry we did not get any "real" cleaning done but super cool on the man in the white truck for pulling some out!! BTW you missed some super burritoes... THEY ROCKED!!

riprap
12-28-2009, 1:30 PM
BTW you missed some super burritoes... THEY ROCKED!!
SOB, we forgot to put the tables back in place!

placergold1
12-28-2009, 8:25 PM
Did you go to El Portal-the Taqueria across from McDonald's? That place is good.

Seesm
12-28-2009, 11:00 PM
SOB, we forgot to put the tables back in place!

Ahhh shoot your right... That one waitress with teh attitude had to be bummed on that... :)

Did you go to El Portal-the Taqueria across from McDonald's? That place is good.

Why yes we did... in fact it was soo good... Itsmrjames tried to temp me to eat there AGAIN today with a free burritoe... Yummy place!

riprap
01-01-2010, 7:22 PM
In post #97 I look like a FREAk
Címon dudeÖ dealing with getting your picture taken is like dealing with the ladies. You always have to be ready. No excuses.

JD586
01-06-2010, 4:52 PM
are you guys planning to give this another shot or waiting for spring?

Seesm
01-06-2010, 8:10 PM
Heck yeah I say when we get our melt on... I think it was a success but just not the sucess we were looking for... :) We came, we met we just did not conquer (sp) :)

itsmrjames
01-06-2010, 8:13 PM
Seesm, Ill probably head out there in the next week or so just cause. Ill let you know so you can drive me out there :) then we will know how much snow there is..

leitung
01-06-2010, 9:41 PM
I WANNA GO OUT THERE!!! CLEAN UP SOONER!

placergold1
01-06-2010, 9:57 PM
Sundays generally best for me

sprintcar
01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I went this past weekend and there is still snow on the road so 4x4 was still needed. The shooting spot it self was free of snow. I picked up a 5 gal. bucket of shot gun shells and a few bigger items.

Seesm
01-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Sprintcar your the man... James yeah lemme know... I am down when you guys work it out time wise.

youpock
01-10-2010, 2:16 PM
Is everyone going to head that way again sometime soon? I should really fix my 4wd..

Seesm
01-10-2010, 3:00 PM
Fix that thing soon so you can go when we do go!!!

youpock
01-10-2010, 3:51 PM
when are you guys going? I have to drop the front pumpkin and bring it in somewhere to have the gears replaced... i have the new gears tho! lol

Wulf
01-11-2010, 7:54 PM
My 4x4 died.

Trying to get it fixed. Fan bracket.

BgDmSWEDE
01-17-2010, 1:51 AM
Hi guys... just found your thread followed your trouble with the weather. I'm in Auburn and have been in NORCAL for the past 5 years (moved from AZ). During this time I have shot nothing more than a couple of my air pistols across my 3 car garage and I have a lever 44 mag and a garand new and NEVER fired that I want to FIRE. People are very tight lipped about where to shoot up here and I would like to be included in your next attempt to clean up this Forresthill site. Sounds perfect to me, prefer widlcat sites rather than the sooo structured ones. I have only a 2wd Sport Trac but could help hauling junk. A little more into spring will probably work real good huh? It's terrible that Californians must skulk around like this to find a sight. In AZ we all carried guns and gladly shared shooting sites and like you guys did yearly or twice annual cleanups. Please count me in for your next attempt. :-) please

rolex87
01-17-2010, 2:04 AM
i'd love to see that garand...i'll bring mine up too (all beat up but that gives it character). hopefully my AR is built by then as well

Seesm
01-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Swede nice to hear from you... I'm in Auburn as well... next time let's meet up.

BgDmSWEDE
01-27-2010, 1:47 PM
Swede nice to hear from you... I'm in Auburn as well... next time let's meet up.

Excellent! I'm trying to find a S&W 460V or VLX used (prefer). Sierra has one new but he's still too proud of it. The downtown pawns would order one but they too are a bit much. I'm hitting some of the valley stores by email in my quest. Love those big boomers. Suggestions?

I just won an auction for Hornady 460 (4pc) titanium dies, 80 rounds of factory loaded 200g, 100 rds of brass and 200 pcs of 360g lead hardcast bullets for $150! Guess I need to buy the gun! haha

Oh, and I'm thinking of a Rossi Puma .454 to go with it :-)

Seesm
01-27-2010, 9:22 PM
Yeah he is proud of MOSt of his stuff and REALLY smart on laws too... I have a .40 so if yiou do not get oen I can buy that off you... I have dies however.. :)

Brettjoiner
02-03-2010, 2:05 PM
Darn it, as a Foresthill Resident I would have been glad to help....

Sleepy1988
02-03-2010, 6:40 PM
We should do a cleanup of the little shooting area above Oxbow reservoir off of Mosquito Ridge Road.

I was just there day before yesterday, and there wasn't any snow.

Seesm
02-03-2010, 7:21 PM
Lets do them BOTH... I tried calling you a few times sleepy did you change your #? Working alot this week out of town so try to get in touch next week man.

Sleepy1988
02-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Lets do them BOTH... I tried calling you a few times sleepy did you change your #? Working alot this week out of town so try to get in touch next week man.

Yeah, I'll PM you with the new number.

antonio
02-04-2010, 7:41 PM
I would like 2 come along and help out

trailbuster
02-10-2010, 7:43 AM
ok guys I just dug myself out of my hole and missed the cleanups. Like I stated before I am from Foresthill and when ever we go out to the various places I know of we pack out more than we pack in.

For those that go out frequently like we do, if you could just take a few trash bags and a can that would help a ton. We usually only bring out a couple new paper targets but end up bringing back more than that to help keep it clean.

I read where someone was stating that in CA we are somewhat tight lipped regarding where we shoot. Based on what I have seen in my short life time people abuse these sites. If they are not cleaned on a regular basis then the community starts yelling and next thing you know its hard to find a place to shoot anywhere.

I am all for promoting safe and clean places to shoot but not interested in irresponsible people coming into these areas and destroying them for the rest of us.

Let me know when you guys want to do another cleanup and we can bring my 5x8 trailer along with. If we get some help we can stop off at the dump on the way out and unload. I can dump up to 1 yard of construction material and a bunch of trash. No electronics as it will cost.

I know there are probably a couple other Foresthill residence that lend a hand too which means more can be dumped there.

BIGCHRIS
02-10-2010, 8:39 AM
I am always game to help, has to be before April though,thats when my sons race season starts and I am pretty much busy every weekend until Nov.

Brettjoiner
02-10-2010, 9:04 AM
I know there are probably a couple other Foresthill residence that lend a hand too which means more can be dumped there.

Yep, I can take a load out as well..

viking_overlord
05-12-2010, 4:31 PM
All,
I realize this is a bit of a necro post ... and off topic. I am new to the auburn area. I moved from placerville. I am looking for open areas to shoot. I would be willing to help clean up of national forrest ranges etc. I used to shoot in a couple of areas off Iron Mountain road by Jinkenson Lake.

I like national forrest ranges so I can practice IDPA courses of fire without a range master having a fit over drawing from a holster and movement =) I bring 4-5 targets and set up courses of fire according to IDPA tournament regs.

Is this range open to all? Is there a club or organization for it? Any other areas in auburn/colfax/grass valley area I would be able to setup my impromptu range?

thanks.
ian

Rigma
05-12-2010, 9:53 PM
All,
I realize this is a bit of a necro post ... and off topic. I am new to the auburn area. I moved from placerville. I am looking for open areas to shoot. I would be willing to help clean up of national forrest ranges etc. I used to shoot in a couple of areas off Iron Mountain road by Jinkenson Lake.

I like national forrest ranges so I can practice IDPA courses of fire without a range master having a fit over drawing from a holster and movement =) I bring 4-5 targets and set up courses of fire according to IDPA tournament regs.

Is this range open to all? Is there a club or organization for it? Any other areas in auburn/colfax/grass valley area I would be able to setup my impromptu range?

thanks.
ian

Check out these threads that have more info on more recent clean-ups of this location:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=281941
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=272105

Looks like it may need another clean-up, I will probably be up there this weekend and will take a look.

viking_overlord
05-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Check out these threads that have more info on more recent clean-ups of this location:

Looks like it may need another clean-up, I will probably be up there this weekend and will take a look.

Are there directions or GPS coords for these and other sites? I always pack more out then I pack in when I shoot. I bring a garbage bag and pick up a bag full. Unfortunately there are some in the shooting community who believe it is also a "right" to trash a national forrest. Their Mommies would be sad to see them not cleaning up their own mess like big boys/girls :(

Its good to see you guys cleaning up the sites. I lived in colorado and I was part of a club that did the same thing for a local shooting area.

So far I have gathered the following locations from this site: haven't reconn'ed the areas.

1) Finning Mill Rd, Foresthill, CA
2) 30303 Chicken Hawk Rd, Foresthill, CA

These correct?

Barabas
05-13-2010, 2:12 PM
We should do a cleanup of the little shooting area above Oxbow reservoir off of Mosquito Ridge Road.

I was just there day before yesterday, and there wasn't any snow.

WHAT?! There's a shooting area up there? Is it on the ridge or just further "up" the road? I used to do some prospecting in that area and never heard gunshots in all the years I went.

5511speed
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
I am new to shooting in the Sacramento area, I would be willing to clean-up, have truck and can haul, would like to practice Pistol and rifle, have IDPA targets and steel poppers, Would like directions to shooting area or would be willing to carpool with shooters, any help would be grateful.

Thanks
Scott

Rigma
05-15-2010, 1:59 AM

Again: See the posts above for more current info.

I also would like to once again do a clean up in this area. Post your interest in one of those threads and help me to get some interest in setting up another event.

The location of the clean-up is not an ideal shooting spot. But if you look at the pics the place with the pool of water was where someone from the area took us after the clean up.

Maybe they will once again share a good shooting spot for those that show up to put in some time on a clean-up.

ZenDaddy
05-23-2010, 4:34 PM
Hi all

I am new to the area too and was looking for a place to shoot. I read the foresthill cleanup threads and went looking for the range yesterday. followed mapquest and gps to the Chickenhawk location but could never find it.. Drove a bit (a lot actually) and found a range above the Oxbow reservoir that was pretty well laid out. It looked like an old dry retention pond. It was a beautiful drive and we had a blast, but I would have liked to find the "Stupid Spot".

Can someone post directions?

Also if there is another cleanup I am in. 4x4 and trailer and tools.

Thanks all

ZenDaddy
05-23-2010, 5:05 PM
The oxbow area was ideal by the way. I will be spending time there for sure. In fact I will be there Sat June 5 if anyone wants shooting company! (responsible shooters only please)

Cheers

ZenDaddy

Rigma
05-27-2010, 9:43 PM
The oxbow area was ideal by the way. I will be spending time there for sure. In fact I will be there Sat June 5 if anyone wants shooting company! (responsible shooters only please)

Cheers

ZenDaddy

Was planning on heading up that way this weekend. Never been shooting down in the Oxbox area. I'm curious about where you found a good place. PM sent.

Seesm
06-20-2010, 1:39 PM
I personally would rather NOT post directions to any of the spots but meet up and shoot as CGN members together at some point...

I do not want someone that does not care about taking care of a shooting area just lurking on this site to find a place to shoot and mess it up more than the other dirtballs already do.