PDA

View Full Version : Noveske KX3 flaming pig flash suppressor

glockwise2000
11-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Is the Noveske KX3 FS worth when it comes to muzzle compensator. I have been using the FSC556 on some of my ARs and I am very much happy when it comes to muzzle compensation.

I just the saw a KX3 and it looks bad (my own opinion, specially with the flaming pig) the reason why I want one. But am afraid that it won't do as good as the FSC556 when it comes to muzzle compensation. Any idea?

aplinker
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Is the Noveske KX3 FS worth when it comes to muzzle compensator. I have been using the FSC556 on some of my ARs and I am very much happy when it comes to muzzle compensation.

I just the saw a KX3 and it looks bad (my own opinion, specially with the flaming pig) the reason why I want one. But am afraid that it won't do as good as the FSC556 when it comes to muzzle compensation. Any idea?

The KX3 does a good job of moving the blast forward, but it's heavy, a so-so flash suppressor and does nothing for recoil.

It's also VERY heavy.

skip it on anything but an SBR or pistol, and then only if needed.

glockwise2000
11-28-2009, 11:18 PM
The KX3 does a good job of moving the blast forward, but it's heavy, a so-so flash suppressor and does nothing for recoil.

It's also VERY heavy.

skip it on anything but an SBR or pistol, and then only if needed.

Thanks

louscamaro91
11-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Very cool looking indeed..Only on short barrels or long barrels where the end of the handguards are very close to the FirePig.

grunz
11-28-2009, 11:39 PM
No reason to mount the pig on anything but an SBR. FYI The pig is also designed to boost pressure to help SBRs run reliably but this will oly hurt yiur longer barrel gun cycling.

technique
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
No reason to mount the pig on anything but an SBR. FYI The pig is also designed to boost pressure to help SBRs run reliably but this will oly hurt yiur longer barrel gun cycling.

That is correct.

Interesting bit of info. ADCO has been trying to find a gas port size that will ONLY work with a KX3 mounted. Meaning if you take the KX3 off that barrel, it wont cycle. Hasn't been able to do it yet.

Kind of an indication that it isn't creating AS MUCH back pressure/dwell as most of us think.

grunz
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Cool, didnt know that. What barrel length or range of lengths is ADCO testing this?

technique
11-29-2009, 12:01 AM
On an 11.5in.
I never saw a follow up on it but I know he tried on several.
I don't think the KX3 is absolutely necessary on that length but what I believe he was testing it in relation to a silencer. You can easily have a silencer cycle a gun that would otherwise not cycle without one. Since the KX3 is kinda like 1 baffle....I think thats where he got the idea to start testing from.