PDA

View Full Version : BRD so bad that my BRD projects get sidetracked

CFV
11-28-2009, 9:11 PM
Am I the only one that gets so caught up with BRD that my BRD projects get sidetracked.

Started off buying 3 lowers in a Calguns group buy with sequential serial #s. Was planning to build two AR's first, one carbine tacticool rig and a long distance bull barreled one. Looking for AR parts in the Calguns marketplace, came across a virgin AR pistol lower, so jumped on that. So now, focus is on building up an AR pistol. Everytime, I'm about to purchase my AR pistol upper, I come across something else. So since getting full blown black rifle disease, I now have a Draco, GSG-5, MP15-22LR, and 3 AR rifle lowers and 1 AR pistol lower waiting to be built. I really want to build that pistol, but temptation is steering me towards an Arsenal AK.

Am I the only one that gets this sidetracked. Whats the cure for BRD.

armygunsmith
11-28-2009, 9:14 PM
Man you got it bad! Post some pics when you get them all done.

thedrickel
11-28-2009, 9:46 PM
The cure for BRD is bankruptcy.

11-28-2009, 9:48 PM
Take up knitting....:cool2:

DREADNOUGHT78
11-28-2009, 9:49 PM
I am the same way except I usually get one finished and sell or trade it before I even shoot it to start another project!

CFV
11-28-2009, 9:54 PM

I think you're right.

I told myself I would never get into 7.62 specially with the price of ammo now a days.

Couldn't say no to that Draco deal.....hello AK world

supermario
11-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I was buying gun after gun and didnt even have $ for the ammo for any of them.. :D I would say to myself, the price of a case of 5.56 is another Saiga..

tenpercentfirearms
11-28-2009, 11:14 PM
You know I always wondered why someone would want a AR pistol. I think it just hit me. You want an AR pistol so you can have a short barrel legally hanging around. Duh!

I want an AR pistol now too!

Trendkill
11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
You know I always wondered why someone would want a AR pistol. I think it just hit me. You want an AR pistol so you can have a short barrel legally hanging around. Duh!

I want an AR pistol now too!

Huh...???? Wha...???

paratroop
11-28-2009, 11:49 PM
i always thought ar pistols looked silly with the buffer tube sticking out. that was until i saw the ar pistol pic thread, and i got hooked. then i immediatly started looking for what i needed to obtain one of these nasty little monsters. now im trying to stay away from the ak pistol threads, for fear that i will get bit by another bug.

Gio
11-28-2009, 11:58 PM
If you decide to sell that Pistol Lower let me know ;) I need a AR Pistol to keep up with my Draco Pistol :D I am in the same boat, I start one build and move on to another. Before I know it I build it then sell the main components and start all over or have more then 1 project going and trying to go for another one.

-Gio

sytfu_RR
11-29-2009, 8:46 AM
dam you've got it bad! lol with that many lowers, I wouldn't even know where to start. But the AR-Pistol would probably be best.. :cool:

ck867
11-29-2009, 8:48 AM
it helps to stay off calguns so you don't keep running into these deals.

NSR500
11-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I know what the OP means. I've got parts kits for receivers I don't have. I've got magazines for guns I don't have. I have guns in various states of completion sitting around.
Damn BRD!

Ian
11-29-2009, 1:53 PM
since there is an AR pistol...will .223/5.56 being ordered online be affected by that law going into effect in feb 2010?

ENTHUSIAST
11-29-2009, 2:48 PM

This is your answer, maybe not the one you are looking for but self control will NOT get you through a bad case of BRD sorry to say. :(

since there is an AR pistol...will .223/5.56 being ordered online be affected by that law going into effect in feb 2010?

Negative. It is specifically for handgun calibers .45, 9mm etc. NOT rifle cartridges.

Ian
11-29-2009, 5:04 PM
This is your answer, maybe not the one you are looking for but self control will NOT get you through a bad case of BRD sorry to say. :(

Negative. It is specifically for handgun calibers .45, 9mm etc. NOT rifle cartridges.

thanks.