PDA

View Full Version : Magpul CTR butt stock vs standar stock?

Vsanzbajo
11-28-2009, 6:37 PM
Pros and cons on both, and your preference? Is the CTR worth the diference?

osis32
11-28-2009, 6:39 PM
its mostly the lack of wiggle due to the friction lock. otherwise the MOE is the same thing without friction lock and theres a little wiggle with those and a standard collapsible stock. just feels nicer if youre anal retentive about looseness and wiggle.

sytfu_RR
11-28-2009, 7:58 PM
The Friction Lock is what makes the difference, once locked its very firm and pretty much all the slack is gone. Whereas with a standard 6 position stock there's a lot of play. But as said above its all personal preference. Some people care about the slop, some don't.

rino
11-28-2009, 8:06 PM
no more rattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aplinker
11-28-2009, 8:11 PM
What do you mean by "standard" stock? Carbine ? Rifle? MOE?

The CTR has no play, a QD sling mount, and a decent cheek weld - nicer than a carbine stock. It also has a rubber padded rear.

MOE just lacks the CTR's friction lock, so it does have some play. This $ difference vs. play may make no difference to you.

Both are a nice upgrade from a carbine. Buy used - you can generally turn around and sell it for the same if you decide you don't want it.

Seesm
11-28-2009, 9:31 PM
I have a few wiggles in my AR that my buddy "Flying Bones" makes fun of but I can shoot either and not worry about any wiggles, rattles and rolls...

Vsanzbajo
11-28-2009, 9:59 PM
Carbine Stock