PDA

View Full Version : Eotech glitch?

ArkinDomino
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I just got an Eotech XPS 2-0 and it seems like the controls are reversed...

When I dial the sight to the right, (according to the arrow the point in on the dial) it goes left and also does it for the up/down dial (up is down and down is up).
Is this common? :confused:
Will Eotech fix this if I was not the original buyer?? :(

Cokebottle
11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Are you saying that the dot moves opposite the direction intended, or your POI moves the wrong way?

Acorn556
11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Which way does the bullet go?

ArkinDomino
11-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Are you saying that the dot moves opposite the direction intended, or your POI moves the wrong way?

The dot moves the wrong way...

Connor P Price
11-27-2009, 11:07 PM
The arrow to the right moves the point of impact to the right (dot left) and vice versa. Nothing wrong with the eotech. Just think about the point of impact, that's what matters.

ArkinDomino
11-27-2009, 11:09 PM
The arrow to the right moves the point of impact to the right (dot left) and vice versa. Nothing wrong with the eotech. Just think about the point of impact, that's what matters.

Really?

I was trying to get a co-witness with my irons before I took it out to the range... I guess we'll see what happens.

Cokebottle
11-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Think about it... If the bullet is hitting to the right of the dot, then you would adjust "left" to move the POI to the left.
If the rifle is in a vise, the POI isn't going to move, but you move the dot to the right to put it over the POI.

bm-bill
11-28-2009, 8:07 AM
Send it to me, EO tech will just do it wrong again.

JK - as already posted the right button does not move the dot to the right, it moves the dot to the left so that the point of impact move to the right. Up works the same way, it move the dot down so point of impact moves up.

grunz
11-28-2009, 8:14 AM
Really?

I was trying to get a co-witness with my irons before I took it out to the range... I guess we'll see what happens.

Your EoTech is working correctly.

You adjust the dials to move the bullet impact point. If you need to move your bullet impact point left you turn the dial left. If you need to adjust impact down move the dial down.

evidens83
11-28-2009, 9:39 AM
I thought the same thing too when I got my 512 also. You're fine!

Maddog5150
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I just got an Eotech XPS 2-0 and it seems like the controls are reversed...

When I dial the sight to the right, (according to the arrow the point in on the dial) it goes left and also does it for the up/down dial (up is down and down is up).
Is this common? :confused:
Will Eotech fix this if I was not the original buyer?? :(

you're fine. if yours was going the oppoiste way, you would have an EO tech built with reverse threads. not likely to happen.

ArkinDomino
11-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Dang.... Thanks guys. I feel like such a newbie now... But its all good (according to my PMs a lot of guys had my "problem"). You guys rock!

Jpach
11-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Yep, thats how all optics are/should be. Now you know so get to blastin!