PDA

View Full Version : P226 and SRT

halifax
11-26-2009, 7:48 PM
Customer wants a SIG P226 but with the Short Reset Trigger already installed. The roster has the "P226 (Blued) / Stainless Steel, Alloy" which has been on there for years. The case is marked 226-40-B. Up until recently, the ones I've seen didn't come with a SRT installed. SIG now offers that. Do you think the SRT version still falls under the "P226 (Blued) / Stainless Steel, Alloy" definition?

kemasa
11-27-2009, 4:08 PM
Most likely it would be considered a different model, especially since it was not tested in that configuration.

If you look on the list, the Sig P229 SAS is listed and if you look at the Sig P229 SAS2, you will see that it is marked as being just a SAS, but it is not really on the list as it is a different model. It gets confusing since the list does not show the actual model number.

halifax
11-27-2009, 4:24 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty certain it's a different model than the one tested. I only asked because the customer is getting kind of bent. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

kemasa
11-27-2009, 4:32 PM
I can understand why the customer would be upset, but it is not your problem. The trigger can be replaced after it is purchased.

No, you are not missing anything. Tell you customer to talk to the politician and/or get various groups working on getting the law overturned.

I find it seriously funny that a Glock 17 in Olive Drab is listed. What exactly does the color of the plastic have to do with the safety of the firearm? There is also the revolver with different color grips, one listed, the other not.

yzernie
11-27-2009, 9:46 PM
PM sent