PDA

View Full Version : Hey whats the deal here?

fourdoorchevelle
11-25-2009, 6:29 AM
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct782.aspx
listed as california legal ak

vs

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct708.aspx
listed as Russian ak

is this the same gun for $10 more just for being listed as "california legal"

That's not right guyz....... I want my $10 dollars back

mcholak
11-25-2009, 7:47 AM
Looks like the magazine is the only real difference. Not to speak ill of anyone, but their site needs to be edited. This is the 2nd time I've seen a post about them in two days, both were questioning things on the website. I don't know anything about them but I'd be leery to order anything from them at this point.

Atlantic Firearms.com
11-25-2009, 2:01 PM
Yes we are site sponsors of CAL GUNS and we are out to rip everybody off for $10 bucks yes it is a huge conspiracy , I would not buy from us either the never of our firm to hatch such a huge internet scam !!! Guys you need to get real !!!!

mcholak
11-25-2009, 3:14 PM
This is the second post questioning something on your website int as many days. Forgive me for being cautious about something that could make me a felon in the foolish state that I live in! Forgive me for not liking the layout and/or wording of your site.

Berating potential customers is always a far better way to drum up business than explaining yourself. I love it when my customers do that, one of them pretty much handed me my biggest account by bad mouthing me rather than pointing out why they were better, or in your case not in the wrong.

I never meant to imply you were ripping anyone off. CA specific mags are bound to cost more because of our idiotic laws and the limited application of them on a broader scale. But again, you could have just said "everyone else can use the 20 or 30 round mags so yours cost more". Just my $.02.

rcantu
11-25-2009, 3:45 PM
why not contact them directly to clarify as it's their site? you can tell them it sucks or whatever you want.

Atlantic Firearms.com
11-25-2009, 3:56 PM
Actually we were offering IZ132 rifles to CAL GUNS members for $339 shipped per numerous past postings our firm has made on this site . We are a paying contributor that trys to help pay to keep this site up and going .We try to offer discounts to Cal Guns members off our web site price and this is something that is not listed on our main site due to Non Cal guns members wanting to redeem the discount. We list a boat load of rifles on our web site and occasionally do not have the time to police each & every item listed but have no EVIL intentions to charge Cali Customers more . Yes the CA IZ132 was $10 higher but this want not a huge plot to get rich on $10 & retire to the Caiirbean. We are glad this has now been pointed out and will raise the price of the base IZ 132 across the board to $349 , we will offer free ship to CAL GUN members.

fourdoorchevelle
11-26-2009, 1:40 AM
Before I go into it, let me start by saying the original transaction was perfect couldn't say a bad word about it. But once I found a discrepancy in their listings that I fell on the short end of .......

Atlantic firearms returned my call. And originally I had told them I was going to wait before reposting, as I wanted to give them a fair shake and time to shine. But since they seem to have made up their mind ......

They called me back, regarding this thread, Blane was very up set calling me a "rabble rouser". Also said that they where not "going to be held hostage for $10".

The best part was Blane threatening to cancel my order and refund my money, until I told him I already have the firearm.

Long story short , any one can open a business, any one can offer great deals. But the true all stars shine during adversity......

keep your $10 bucks , I have a feeling that it may have paid for it's self

Atlantic Firearms.com
11-26-2009, 8:51 AM
Gobble , gobble Happy Thanksgiving .

fourdoorchevelle
11-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Just wanted to update the viewers of this thread that a credit was posted of $19.77 as an effort to compensate for the difference in the listings.

jamesob
12-08-2009, 7:20 PM
wow, over $10, really?

pwall
12-15-2009, 3:37 PM
Gobble , gobble Happy Thanksgiving .

That did it for me!
Good bye.

Chatterbox
12-17-2009, 7:44 AM
This seriously brings a whole new meaning to the expression "tempest in the teapot". I've bought multiple guns from Atlantic and they have been nothing but super supportive and professional. They are one of the few large vendors that will ship rifles to California. Try to order an AK from AIM, Classic Arms or Centerfire, and see what kind of treatment you'll receive. $10. You have got to be ****ing kidding me!

COBRA MASTER
12-28-2009, 4:52 PM
your lame this is nonsense takeing the time to read this. broke asss, this game cost money fool

Just wanted to update the viewers of this thread that a credit was posted of $19.77 as an effort to compensate for the difference in the listings.

jdogg2000
12-28-2009, 5:07 PM
My experiences with Atlantic have been good over the last few months. They gave me a great deal on a GSG as well as an AK, and they also were helpful in tracking down my shipment when it inadvertently got delivered to the wrong address. I have to give credit where its due...

fourdoorchevelle
01-07-2010, 2:44 AM
The responses are hilarious!

After I bought a firearm for $10 more than other wise listed. I am not supposed to say any thing? If $10 is so meaningless than cut me a check.

I said the actual transaction was flawless, and my only concern was purchasing the rifle that was listed as california legal, for $10 more.

Aside from a rough phone call, they made right and my posts shows they reimbursed me.

I'll be waiting for pm's to set up any nay sayers transfer of a meaningless $10 to my bank account

MarCay08
01-22-2010, 7:01 PM
LOL....SORRY but THIS was cracking me up..$10?!?!

Atlantic Firearms
01-23-2010, 6:45 AM
It was a huge conspiracy to scam $10 bucks so we could retire to our private Island and sip on cold drinks all day .:)

JockItch
01-24-2010, 6:32 PM
If you keep scamming the $10 from everyone. It will pay for at lot of lap dances next year in vegas at the shot show. That what I was thinking.

Atlantic Firearms
01-25-2010, 3:20 AM
That is a excellent suggestion !!!

Atlantic Firearms
01-25-2010, 3:20 AM
That is a excellent suggestion !!! Hoochie Coochie :)

rromeo
01-25-2010, 6:33 AM
I want my two dollars!

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/johnny05.jpg

sephknite
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Ohh, Atlantic Firearms. Here's a short experience I had no longer than 1 hour ago.

I simply called to ask if a specific rifle can be modded to be California legal. Here's our 1-minute or less conversation to sway me to not put up with people like the ones that work at Atlantic Firearms:

Me: Hi, I have a quick question regarding the AKM47.

AF: OK...

Me: I'm wondering if there can be any modifications made on the rifle to make it CA legal.

AF: Do you see the gun anywhere in the CA Legal section?? (Wow...sarcasm..)

Me: No, not that I recall.

These are the words I can remember; I don't like to remember unpleasant things, but this is stuck in my head. Well, Atlantic, you just lost to me and my friends interested in purchasing AK's, not the AKM47 in particular, but ones that WERE in your CA Legal section we were somewhat interested in. Yes, to your surprise, we do know what is/isn't CA Legal, and we just wanted to have a simple question answered. A Yes or No would have sufficed, but I guess that's too difficult for you to comprehend basic business etiquette and manners. Too bad--potential customers and $$$ lost for you.

jamesob
01-27-2010, 1:16 PM
I need a recording of the conversation to make up my mind if they were rude or not. what some people say is rude is completely normal for other people, some are sensative.

MidnightSon117
01-27-2010, 1:18 PM
Jeez, I was just looking at that page yesterday. :(

I'm assuming it shouldn't be too difficult to make that rifle CA-legal if you really want it. I guess that's not something Atlantic wants to deal with, although it's beyond me why they wouldn't.

Sorry for that experience--that just sounds like poor customer service to me. Can't mistake their response for anything but sarcasm.

Update: Haha I just noticed as I was looking up the price of a crate of Russian ammo, that they state they will deliver to the lower 48 states via Fedex ground. But if you scroll down more, they say no ammo to California or Massachusetts. Doesn't that make it "lower 46"? I But anyway, I thought ammo was still legal to be shipped to California, with the exception of some places like SF? Maybe the year is wrong on their computer, still 2010 over here in Foster City :)

sephknite
01-27-2010, 1:23 PM
I need a recording of the conversation to make up my mind if they were rude or not. what some people say is rude is completely normal for other people, some are sensative.

You're right. I would have recorded it if I were expecting to bring down their company. Unfortunately, I was just expecting a pleasant/simple yes or no. Sorry to disappoint you like they disappointed me.

MidnightSon117
01-27-2010, 1:50 PM

From what the poster said, I don't think there's any question the rep at Atlantic messed up. You don't need a recording to know it's rude to answer a question with another question, even as a joke, if you're in customer service. You'd get reprimanded for that at least. It's not a matter of sensitivity at all.

Sorry Atlantic, it's called Customer Service, not Customer Sarcasm.

The Duke
02-10-2010, 9:13 AM
From what the poster said, I don't think there's any question the rep at Atlantic messed up. You don't need a recording to know it's rude to answer a question with another question, even as a joke, if you're in customer service. You'd get reprimanded for that at least. It's not a matter of sensitivity at all.

Sorry Atlantic, it's called Customer Service, not Customer Sarcasm.

I hate to flame a vendor who also advertises at CalGuns but I need to report my experience with Atlantic Firearms. And Blaine at AF, be warned, I will be posting on EVERY Atlantic thread here, just so every member is aware of some of the not-so-great experiences that occur in addition to all the positive stuff said.

My first problem with Atlantic is ATTITUDE. I'm super glad these guys are willing to sell into CA, but sorry to say that they are extremely sarcastic by anybody's standards, and I personally consider them Jerks. I bought a Saiga 12 from them awhile back. The rifle had TONS of problems, but I won't flame them on that, because each was addressed (though not in a timely fashion). What I didn't like was the nasty answers, non-replies for up 2-3 weeks, and basically making me feel like I was doing them a favor.

Just search Atlantic's posts here on CG. You get an immediate sense of the scarcasm, ignorance & disrespect.

Yes, I know it's all our responsibility to support the vendors who support CalGuns, but I can't just drink the coolaid if we're getting bad service. Can you buy with confidence from AF? I'm not definitely saying no, but you'll be dealing with people who have little respect for you and who are at best marginal at selling and standing behind reasonable products. Atlantic isn't the only vendor out there, and we can do better!

The Duke
02-10-2010, 9:31 AM
Yes we are site sponsors of CAL GUNS and we are out to rip everybody off for $10 bucks yes it is a huge conspiracy , I would not buy from us either the never of our firm to hatch such a huge internet scam !!! Guys you need to get real !!!!

If blaine at Atlantic had half a brain, he'd go thru CG and delete all these sarcastic coments. They are a window into the types of responses you will get from Atlantic Firearms the minute you ask these masters-of-the universe a question they're not hoping for, or as soon as you try to call them on the faulty weapon they ship you.

Atlantic needs to look at quality control. For their products (at least the Saiga 12 I ordered from them) and most definitely in their customer service dept.

If anybody else received major ATTITUDE from these guy, can you please chime in?? Yes, I know they're an advertiser, but that doesn't give them a free pass to treat calgunners with disrespect. The economy is tough, and jerks don't deserve to stay in business, much less get my business. -1.

Atlantic Firearms
02-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Duke , we would like to have your acutal name & the actual item you ordered from us so we can look into your claim that we ignored your warranty issue etc . If you have a valid claim that we ignored you for weeks etc we will be glad to send you $100 bucks compensation. There are 2 sides to every story and you have now made approx 8 of the same post on this board today .

BlooDSMeaR
08-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Still no response? What was the disposition of this issue if I might ask. I hate to bring up bad ju-ju, but for the new potential customer (me), I would like to know.

Atlantic Firearms
08-29-2010, 8:12 AM
The customer never responed to our request to validate the claim.

fourdoorchevelle
09-30-2011, 12:42 PM
So you weren't being sarcastic? It is just a scam to sucker california buyers into an extra $10. Just let the smoke clear , than right back to charging more for the gun listed as ca legal... at least change the page url's so it's not so easy to just click the same links where you got busted before.

"Oops it was an accident!!"

Better hurry and change it so no one can see it.

dang it!!! theres a screen shot!

Item# California Legal Saiga AK 47 Rifle ON SALE !!
Brand: California Legal Firearms
Send Link to a Friend
Russian Saiga AK 47 Rifle,762 x 39 semi auto, these are imported base AK47 hunting Style rifles with a hunting buttstock and fore end poly. The Saiga rifles are intended for hunting big and medium-sized game under different climatic conditions. The rifles are developed on the base of the venerable Kalashnikov assault rifle and chambered for 7.62x39 . These rifles are brand new & come with 16 inch chrome lined barrels , side mount rail for mounting optics, 1 ten round mag & all new construction in the famous Russian IZHMASH Arsenal .They do not use standandard AK mags but will work with the Sure fire 30 round hi cap magazines.
$399.00 $359.00 (http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct782.aspx)

Item# Russian Saiga AK 47 Rifle IZ 132
Brand: AK47 Rifles
Send Link to a Friend
Russian Saiga AK 47 Rifle,762 x 39 semi auto, these are imported base AK47 hunting Style rifles with a hunting buttstock and fore end poly. The Saiga rifles are intended for hunting big and medium-sized game under different climatic conditions. The rifles are developed on the base of the venerable Kalashnikov assault rifle and chambered for 7.62x39 . These rifles are brand new & come with 16 inch chrome lined barrels , side mount rail for mounting optics, 1 ten round mag & all new construction in the famous Russian IZHMASH Arsenal.They do not use standandard AK mags but will work with the Sure fire 30 round hi cap magazines
$389.00 $349.00 (http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct708.aspx)

edit to upload screenshots
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fourdoorchevelle/calguns/5cf85ad5.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fourdoorchevelle/calguns/210b447b.png

97F1504RAD
09-30-2011, 2:14 PM
Dude let it go. Two years later and your still on this.

Way to necro post.

fourdoorchevelle
09-30-2011, 5:04 PM
I think that if they are going to charge more for Ca gun buyers than Ca gun buyers should know.

Do you advocate charging gun hobbiest more that live in Ca?

I look at it as saving Ca buyers money by letting them know that if they go to the non-ca listings they get better prices

97F1504RAD
09-30-2011, 5:14 PM
I think that if they are going to charge more for Ca gun buyers than Ca gun buyers should know.

Do you advocate charging gun hobbiest more that live in Ca?

I look at it as saving Ca buyers money by letting them know that if they go to the non-ca listings they get better prices

Buyer beware, you as a consumer are responsible for yourself. And if you are not smart enough to shop and explore that site to see what is avaiable then you will pay a measly 10.00 more. Not only that considering that so many firearms dealers won't even ship us legal guns or even gun parts I think it's a small price to pay.

fourdoorchevelle
09-30-2011, 5:21 PM
Buyer beware, you as a consumer are responsible for yourself. And if you are not smart enough to shop and explore that site to see what is avaiable then you will pay a measly 10.00 more. Not only that considering that so many firearms dealers won't even ship us legal guns or even gun parts I think it's a small price to pay.

Sure buyer beware... I am just letting them know that there is a sale... just avoid the Ca section of the site. Just think that measly $10 could be going to cgf.

97F1504RAD
09-30-2011, 7:51 PM
And if 10.00 is really that big of a deal then maybe someone should not be buying the gun to begin with. Again you are referencing something that is 2 years old already let it go and move on. I would think you have better things to worry about than something this insignificant. Seems to me that you have spent more time and effort than the 10.00 cost you by repeatedly bringing this back up.

fourdoorchevelle
09-30-2011, 9:45 PM
And if 10.00 is really that big of a deal then maybe someone should not be buying the gun to begin with. Again you are referencing something that is 2 years old already let it go and move on. I would think you have better things to worry about than something this insignificant. Seems to me that you have spent more time and effort than the 10.00 cost you by repeatedly bringing this back up.

define repeatedly

what are you talking about? they are charging $10 extra right now. It took like 5 seconds to click the links at the top of this page and see the current pricing and like 15 minutes to post it online. No significant investment there.

those screen shots are current at the time they where posted

I think that a calguns vender, that is advertising an additional $10, for a firearm, at calguns target audience is a bit disingenuous. I don't think ostracism is out of the question.

97F1504RAD
10-01-2011, 9:13 AM
define repeatedly

what are you talking about? they are charging $10 extra right now. It took like 5 seconds to click the links at the top of this page and see the current pricing and like 15 minutes to post it online. No significant investment there.

those screen shots are current at the time they where posted

I think that a calguns vender, that is advertising an additional $10, for a firearm, at calguns target audience is a bit disingenuous. I don't think ostracism is out of the question.

Yes I understand that but this post is over 2 years old so how much time have you honestly taken to keep bringing this up. I am sure you have spent more than 10.00 worth of your time to keep bringing this up. It happen two years ago let it go already.

Again it is the consumers responsibility to know what they are doing when making a purchase and if they cannot figure it out on their own then so be it.

fourdoorchevelle
10-01-2011, 3:36 PM
Yes I understand that but this post is over 2 years old so how much time have you honestly taken to keep bringing this up. I am sure you have spent more than 10.00 worth of your time to keep bringing this up. It happen two years ago let it go already.

Again it is the consumers responsibility to know what they are doing when making a purchase and if they cannot figure it out on their own then so be it.

The original post is close to 2 years old. (It has not been over 2 years , simple calendar check will help you with that), but they are still charging more for people that get suckered into buying from the CA legal page. RIGHT NOW.

this is the second time i have brought this up. Once when I was suckered into spending an extra $10.In me bringing it up the first time got me a refund of $19 and change. The second time was a time investment of a grand total of 20 minutes, not sure how many times you think i have brought this up . it is all contained here in this thread.

If I find a business over charging, than whats the big deal in letting other buyers know about it? Would you let your friends & family buy the CA ak, instead of saving them $10 by telling them that there is no difference in the actual product. Just that the one that is marketed to them is more expensive? Or is that buyer beware?

I am not sure what your big concern is about it. If it's such a waste of time , than why do you keep posting here?

They can charge what ever they want, but if they want to charge more to CA buyers, than they can expect people to call em on it. It's called word of mouth. I would expect CA shooters to help other CA shooters and say something.

Atlantic Firearms
10-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes it is a HUGE conspiracy to get $10 bucks ahead and discrimiate against CA buyers !! Come on man we have more important things to do than hatch a huge plan to charge 10 bucks more . The real story may be that they are working on various things on the web site and updated one price on the Saiga IZ132 but did not then go to the CA legal section & upate it there not a Plot , Conpiracy or any other EVIL scheme to make a wopping $10 bucks & retire . We have been a CAL Guns supporter since 2005 and are a paying Industry Member with a very solid internet reputation and no not have to sucker or rip customers off for sales and take offense to your comments. We do not mind you asking about this or even brinigng it to our attention but the way you go about it is quite rude. This is the kind of rabid behavior that deters other firearms vendors from wanting to get involed with CA Sales.

Atlantic Firearms
10-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Also on another note We offer discounts to CAL Guns members and the discount would have well offset the massive $10 fraud scheme we had cooked up on the CA Legal Saiga rifles.

dan12580
10-02-2011, 8:03 PM
i dont have a dog in this fight but 1-atlantic- your post make you sound like a holes and 2- op stop *****ing because someone charges $10 or $6000 more to ship to ca. it their business. they can do it any way they want. maybe your retarded for not catching it? or- maybe there are additional steps needed to make something ca compliant and they up charge accordingly. i will have no problem ordering from atlantic in the future. a 1919 would fit nicely under my christmas tree. but seriously- the sarcasm makes you guys seem/sound like dicks.

Atlantic Firearms
10-03-2011, 3:11 AM
We are being sarcastic because it is crazy that this guy is making it sound like we are out to take CA customers for $10 bucks and we normally offer discounts to Cal Gun members for much more than the $10 dollars.

snowblind
10-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Atlantic has sold me 5 rifles over this last year and everything was good. who cares about some typo on their site?
If you want to ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers. They dont manufacture guns. they sell them. if making a bullet button for each rifle is so easy then make one and send it to them. They have 25 or more California guns, pick one of those.
At their prices, I am amazed that they waste time answering the phone.
If you winers screw this up and make they not ship to Cali it will be another case of stupid california guys screwing up something for everyone else. and yes fourdoorchevelle if you are dying of starvation without the $10 I would send you $10 to keep your life afloat.

I will continue to order from them and enjoy my saiga12 and ptr91 and ARs that have all worked fine. They always ship mine for free and dont charge tax, and are the cheapest on california prepped PTR91s anywhere. I dont know what more they can do to help us gun nuts out, but what is going on here?

chris

Atlantic Firearms
10-04-2011, 2:36 AM
Just to prove that we are not discriminating against CA customers we have lowered the CA Saiga price to $339 per unit it is now $10 less expensive than the price for the other 49 states we sure hope we do not get nasty write ups from the other 49 states . So if you would like a nice Saiga IZ 132 they are on sale for CA Customers $339.0 !!

intl1911
10-05-2011, 9:19 PM
Well how about a Bellator Arms BA89k Cali legal pistol ???

Pm me if you can make it happen and I could give a damn less about $10 :) charge me an additional $10 if you can make it happen.

Atlantic Firearms
10-06-2011, 3:06 AM
Unfortunatley the Bellators BA 89 are not legal in CA the barrels are to short.

Mr. Casull
10-07-2011, 7:27 AM

I have purchased two guns from Atlantic Firearms and no issues whatsoever! Yes, they need to charge more if the have to put a bullet button on it and ship with a CA legal mag. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out! Good people to deal with.

Joe Bishop
10-08-2011, 7:41 PM
What a bunch of cry babies and busy body idiots with nothing better to do than *****. I have bought one (1) rifle from Blaine and had excellent service, shipping was extremely fast with good communication. And you know what, thats right getting ready to buy two (2) more.

If I was Blaine, I would be doing the same thing he's doing, shoving it right back at ya!

97F1504RAD
10-08-2011, 8:17 PM
I have purchased two guns from Atlantic Firearms and no issues whatsoever! Yes, they need to charge more if the have to put a bullet button on it and ship with a CA legal mag. Don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out! Good people to deal with.

Not sure why you quoted me, I was not the one complaining here.

tokarev_tt
10-09-2011, 1:38 AM
fourdoorchevelle,dude,thank these guys that they even agree to deal with california buyers.And $10? Really?

Striker
10-29-2011, 10:56 PM
It has been two years. All over $10.00. Most of us spend that much or more for lunch. Let it go.