PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with this holster?

rgs1975
11-24-2009, 5:20 PM
Was wondering if anyone has used the DeSantis Tuck-This 2 IWB? If so, what were your impressions and opinion?

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2296/556788.jpg

Wulf
11-24-2009, 9:40 PM
Not that one specifically, but I've owned 2 tuckable holsters.

As a carry method its definately not "all that". Its slow to draw, difficult to don/doff. Now where near as sly as you need to be if there's any kind of vague down side to getting made. Its also only really useful for single stack guns.

Strong side mag pouches are kind of a bum deal too. Instead of helping you balance the weight on your hips they throw it further out of balance and there's nothing scarier than watching someone try to get at that mag when they haven't worked out the details. Unless you practice yoga or are a bean pole you're not likely to be able to get at that mag with your off hand. If you cant its a full on goat-stchupp trying to switch gun hands get the mag without a second hand to clear the garment, switch back, make the mag swap. You're better off just stuffing it in your off-side pocket.

Although I have to gear to do tuckable, I'll go to pocket carry or thunderwear every time because they're faster access and better concealment.

MIL-MH65
11-24-2009, 10:29 PM
It's not a bad holster. I like the idea of having a extra 10 round clip close by. I have two,one for my sig229R and XD 9 Sub compact. You can carry it in the 1 "O" clock position with out the extra clip comfortably. If you have the extra clip in it will stick into your gut. If carried in the 4/5 "O" clock position you can carry the extra clip with little or no issue. I only use this holster for quick trips, walking the dog etc...The holster I recently purchased is the crossbreed super tuck for the XD. It's the most comfortable holster I have every used. It's not the quickest to get on, but very comfortable and "very good" for concealment with normal jeans and shirt. I have a milt spark on order for the Sig229.

Good luck with your purchase.

Hobart31
11-25-2009, 2:21 PM
Friend of mine carries a S&W 40 in one of these. He likes it and he recommended it to me. he doesn't like to wear leather. I wound up buying a DeSantis and Milt Sparks leather IWB holster instead, pending arrival of my Mike's Special. Lots of options out there. Good luck on your purchase