View Full Version : My First Private Party Transfer

ugimports
11-24-2009, 4:14 PM
I'm about to do my first PPT, please let me know what steps I may be missing:

1) Make sure to copy both buyer/seller Drivers License
2) On DROS, capture thumbprint of buyer and seller
3) On 4473, fill out as normal
4) If a handgun is in the mix get POR as needed, HSC info if needed
5) Charge $100 transfer fees (I'm kidding on this one)...

Do I have this right? I want to make sure I don't screw anything up here.

Fees would be:

$35 for first firearm + $10 for each additional long gun or + $31 for each additional handgun in same transaction.

Maltese Falcon
11-24-2009, 4:43 PM

Make a copy of the HSC as well on same page as Driver License of buyer with DL of seller also...Just did a PPT as buyer, that's what they did.

halifax
11-24-2009, 7:02 PM
I'm about to do my first PPT, please let me know what steps I may be missing:

1) Make sure to copy both buyer/seller Drivers License
2) On DROS, capture thumbprint of buyer and seller
3) On 4473, fill out as normal
5) Charge $100 transfer fees (I'm kidding on this one)...

Do I have this right? I want to make sure I don't screw anything up here.

Fees would be:

$35 for first firearm + $10 for each additional long gun or + $31 for each additional handgun in same transaction.

Crap. I'm in big trouble if the seller's thumbprint is required :p

Seriously, use the F5 key to capture the buyer's DL info and the F6 to capture the seller's info. You will need to manually enter additional info for both buyer and seller.

Don't forget the safety device compliance requirement for both Feds and CA.

eltee
11-24-2009, 9:39 PM
I thought the PPT seller's thumbprint was not required. Any confirmation one way or the other?

tenpercentfirearms
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM
I thought the PPT seller's thumbprint was not required. Any confirmation one way or the other?

Seller's thumb print is not required. Only buyer's.

mswanson223
11-24-2009, 10:57 PM
they took my print when i sold my glock 17

kemasa
11-25-2009, 11:11 AM
If the firearm were to have to be given back to the seller as the buyer was not allowed to have a firearm, then you should have the seller's thumbprint, just to be safe.

Maltese Falcon
11-25-2009, 3:51 PM
Ammo Bros. got both sellers and buyers thumbprint on recent PPT.

rcantu
11-25-2009, 4:59 PM
i have seen thumbprints of both buyer and seller at 3 different FFL.

Also the buyer should have secondary proof of address like car registration.

Willg37
12-16-2009, 6:27 AM
im about to do my first PPT as well. i understand both parties have to be present during the paperwork. when the buyer comes back for the gun after the wait does the seller have to be present again?

tenpercentfirearms
12-16-2009, 6:37 AM
im about to do my first PPT as well. i understand both parties have to be present during the paperwork. when the buyer comes back for the gun after the wait does the seller have to be present again?

No. Once the seller signs the 4473, they are done unless the buyer gets rejected.

halifax
12-16-2009, 7:00 AM

No.

And I'm not sure why these other FFLs are requiring extra seller information. It is not required and it is just more ammo for non-licesees to complain about FFLs. If it were a consignment return, then yes it is required but not on PPTs. Do they also require this for gunsmith returns?

kemasa
12-16-2009, 4:02 PM
The seller only needs to be present at or before the start of the paperwork. The seller needs to sign either the DROS worksheet or the DROS. The seller does not need to come back unless the buyer is not allowed to have a firearm.

ugimports
01-22-2010, 6:10 PM
No. Once the seller signs the 4473, they are done unless the buyer gets rejected.

I thought the seller only has to sign the DROS, no?

kemasa
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
The seller does not sign the 4473, only the DROS. I suspect it was a mistake and it was meant to say DROS, not 4473.

ugimports
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM
The seller does not sign the 4473, only the DROS. I suspect it was a mistake and it was meant to say DROS, not 4473.

Yeah, that's what I did, thanks.