PDA

View Full Version : What all does it take to get a FFl for ammo

r08ert209cali
11-24-2009, 6:01 AM
Looking to get my FFl for reloaded ammo sales. What all needs to be done and are there any special zoning restrictions. plan to get the ball rolling real soon.

freakshow10mm
11-24-2009, 6:28 AM
Are you planning on selling ammunition others make or are you looking to be an ammunition manufacturer?

If you manufacture it you will need an 06 FFL, comply with zoning, and register with the US State Dept under ITAR. $30/3yrs for the FFL, ITAR is $2250 per year, and liability is a few thousand dollars a year and goes up from there.

If you just want to sell ammunition, there is no FFL. Just comply with your state business and zoning stuff.

r08ert209cali
11-25-2009, 8:14 AM
Are you planning on selling ammunition others make or are you looking to be an ammunition manufacturer?

If you manufacture it you will need an 06 FFL, comply with zoning, and register with the US State Dept under ITAR. $30/3yrs for the FFL, ITAR is $2250 per year, and liability is a few thousand dollars a year and goes up from there.

If you just want to sell ammunition, there is no FFL. Just comply with your state business and zoning stuff.

Thanks
I am Looking to manufacture.
I have a school down the street that has me worried about the zoning.

glockwise2000
11-25-2009, 11:49 PM
School? I think there is a 1000 or 1500 feet so called "safe zone"? Correct me if I am wrong.