PDA

View Full Version : source for Benelli barrels (NOVA 12ga 24")

bwiese
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Who sells Benelli NOVA bbls? Prefer factory, not aftermarket, as the factory bbls seem to be chrome-lined.

I'd also like to avoid the factory/US office, I'm sure a replacement barrel will cost nearly as much as I paid for the shotgun itself! And BenelliUSA's website is unclear on what spare bbls are available. Brownell's & MidwayUSA apparently both no longer carry Benelli bbls.

I'm looking for a 24" NOVA 12ga shotgun bbl (not the cantilevered rifled slug deer bbl). I currently have the 18.5" "special purpose" (i.e., police) bbl. I think the NOVA model 20006 comes with the 24" bbl but am not entirely sure, nor am I sure if this is in production anymore.

I love this shotgun, just want something a tad longer - but not 26"-28" either.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

pidooma
10-31-2005, 6:02 AM
Looks like Cal's Sporting Armory has has Benelli barrels.

$210 for a 24" Nova:

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliBarrels.htm

bwiese
10-31-2005, 7:33 AM
Thanks guys.

$210 and $285 quotes for bbls - wow, and I only paid $215 for the whole gun w/18.5" bbl!!!

Bill Wiese
San Jose

pidooma
10-31-2005, 7:48 AM
Thanks guys.

$210 and $285 quotes for bbls - wow, and I only paid $215 for the whole gun w/18.5" bbl!!!

At that price, maybe you'd be better off finding a whole 'nother Nova with a 24" barrel, and then selling off the bit you don't want. ;)

jdberger
10-31-2005, 9:39 AM
Try Numrich. http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chrMasterModel=4150zNOVA&MC=

Price is still up there, too. But sometimes they have sales...! I picked up a Montefeltro barrel for $54.00 a month ago.

Good luck and nice buy on the Nova.

bwiese
11-01-2005, 4:53 PM
Well, let's see here...

Cal's Sporting Armory is closed for the next week. No chance of prompt delivery.

The other suppliers folks listed above don't have 'em either, they just have space in their catalog database.

Benelli won't sell to end users directly and referred me to Brownell's, which of course doesn't carry Nova barrels. And Mann & Sons, another Benelli referral, has to order this particular one as well - for $240.

Back to square 1. Thought this was gonna be quick & easy. May just have to wait for Cal's.

Bill Wiese
San Jose