PDA

View Full Version : Northern CA County laws

ThirtyCal
11-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Are there any county gun laws I need to know about San Lorenzo, CA.?
Alameda County which is around Oakland. I'm moving from Nevada due to personal circumstances and I don't want to get blind sided.
Castle laws, etc...

Thank you.

Glock22Fan
11-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Alameda County which is around Oakland. I'm moving from Nevada due to personal circumstances and I don't want to get blind sided.
Castle laws, etc...

Thank you.

I don't know about county laws, but you ask about castle laws. In California, if someone who is not a member of your household (i.e. someone who should not be there) has used force to gain entry, then you are entitled to assume that you are in danger of losing your life and therefore you may use deadly force to prevent him. Does not mean that you can shoot him in the back, say, or once he starts to retreat, but you do not have to show that he is armed or actually threatening you. Of course, if he happens to be a drunken street bum or very young kid, you are going to get some criticism but that's how the law is written.

Penal code 198.5.

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or
great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to
have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great
bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that
force is used against another person, not a member of the family or
household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and
forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or
had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.

As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant
or substantial physical injury.

Spyder
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
...Northern California isn't Oakland! Damnitt!
;)

not-fishing
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Think San Francisco.

If your Gay, your O-Kay!

If your a Illegal, your treated-Regal.

But if your white and straight, well you might as well bend over.....

Lone_Gunman
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
;)

This is exactly what I was thinking. In my mind the absolute farthest south you could call "Northern California" is around Mendocino on the coast, Ukiah on the 101 and Williams on the 5.

ThirtyCal
11-20-2009, 2:36 PM
;)

Well it isn't Southern Ca. but ok - THE BAY AREA :confused:

Thanks Glock22fan for the info.

a1c
11-20-2009, 2:53 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking. In my mind the absolute farthest south you could call "Northern California" is around Mendocino on the coast, Ukiah on the 101 and Williams on the 5.

Huh? Most Bay Areans consider themselves as Northern Californians. I always have when I lived in the Peninsula. Oaklanders ARE Northern Californians. There is even a ton of businesses in that area that include NorCal in their names.

Now for the OP: the CA "castle law" has been explained already, and it debunks a lot of myths.

As far as firearms, counties laws and regulations only address things like CCW permits issuance, ammunition sale and hunting regulations. The city of Sacramento, Yolo County, the city of Napa and a few other places have tight regulations about ammo sales that might impact your decision if you buy it online.

MudCamper
11-20-2009, 4:06 PM
Castle laws, etc...

Thank you.

Google is your friend: http://www.acgov.org/admincode.htm

;)

While I tend to agree, those that live south of you don't want to be associated with those awful socalers, so they self-identify as norcalers too. :D :hide: This attitude seems to continue until about San Luis Obisbo.