PDA

View Full Version : Shooting in Riverside County

tktech
11-19-2009, 7:06 PM
Does anyone know the laws of discharging a firearm in the county area on BLM land? How far from a township you have to be, tec. Or where I could find this info to review myself? Thanks in advance.

DamageInc
12-22-2009, 3:44 PM
The county is divided into zones. The Western Zone is off-limits. Stay East of civilization on BLM land and you should be OK.

http://www.clerkoftheboard.co.riverside.ca.us/ords/500/514.10.pdf

WEST1157
12-22-2009, 6:19 PM
Bee Canyon east hemet at the end of hwy 74 aka florida ave goining towards IDLEWILD. I was there Sun and the fire rangers were very helful in showing us where to shoot.

Eat Dirt
12-22-2009, 9:26 PM
Bee Canyon east hemet at the end of hwy 74 aka florida ave goining towards IDLEWILD. I was there Sun and the fire rangers were very helful in showing us where to shoot.

I live like 10 min. from Bee Canyon

Been going there for many years

IEShooter
12-22-2009, 9:28 PM
I've been looking for a place to open shoot.

Where is this exactly? I live in the IE near the 15 and 210 (not 215).

Regards,

John

Eat Dirt
12-22-2009, 9:36 PM
P M sent

bravoecho
12-23-2009, 8:22 AM
All this talk about open area shooting has got me really eager to find an open spot again. It's been years for me since an open shoot. I know the approx location of Bee Canyon and I'm not too far away from it. Just need a little help with specifics. Also, I saw on National Forest Website that Forest Adventure Pass is needed. Is this true? Thanks!

Eat Dirt
12-23-2009, 8:34 AM
NO pass is needed !!!!
I grew up here in the valley
and have been going there since the '70's
I'll send you a P M with the secert instructions :cool:

stagman
12-23-2009, 9:09 AM
B Canyon used to be great... Now it seems there are alot of "questionables" out there now. It is constantly messy. Pick up your brass and shells people! You have to go early though, because after about 10 am all the good spots are taken.

We go out to the badlands now, just off Gilman Springs road. Plenty of open land for long range stuff, and you dont have to fight the crowds! Use your compass, and Boyscout field manual, and PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES after you are done though... I dont want my spot to look like B Canyon used to.

Eat Dirt
12-23-2009, 9:26 AM
B Canyon used to be great... Now it seems there are alot of "questionables" out there now. It is constantly messy. Pick up your brass and shells people! You have to go early though, because after about 10 am all the good spots are taken.

We go out to the badlands now, just off Gilman Springs road. Plenty of open land for long range stuff, and you dont have to fight the crowds! If you want directions to our spot, or if you want to go out with my crew, pm me.

Have you been out there lately ??

A LOT of effort has been done ( By myself included ) to totally clean the place up
And it's going to stay that way .
Road leveling ...... new fences to keep people in bounds .......rocks ,to keep people from draging cr@p in the canyions to shoot at ....MUCH more

Patrolled now . From armed forest service to fish and game
They are starting to give tickets for people being stupid ......shooting across the dirt road .Going past the canyons and shootin up stuff in the forest

There are a more improvements coming .Steel pipe rails at the entrance to each of the small narrow canyons so dirtbags won't be dragging stoves and waterheaters up there to shoot

We have OHV ( Off Highway Volenters ) that patroll also (( ME ))

Oh Yes ........ Do leave me the Brass .I'll get it tomorrow

guayuque
12-23-2009, 9:31 AM
Have you been out there lately ??

A LOT of effort has been done ( By myself included ) to totally clean the place up
And it's going to stay that way .
Road leveling ...... new fences to keep people in bounds .......rocks ,to keep people from draging cr@p in the canyions to shoot at ....MUCH more

Patrolled now . From armed forest service to fish and game
They are starting to give tickets for people being stupid ......shooting across the dirt road .Going past the canyons and shootin up stuff in the forest

There are a more improvements coming .Steel pipe rails at the entrance to each of the small narrow canyons so dirtbags won't be dragging stoves and waterheaters up there to shoot

We have OHV ( Off Highway Volenters ) that patroll also (( ME ))

Oh Yes ........ Do leave me the Brass .I'll get it tomorrow

Nice. I travel through there all the time and would love to stop off an plink a bit. Just follow the Gilman offramp from 60, and then?

stagman
12-23-2009, 9:46 AM
Eat Dirt,
I havent been back for about six months. Im glad to see that there are real enthusiasts who care enough to help out.

The last time I went, there were a handful of what appeared to be gangbangers shooting their "gats" and "straps" in the usual places, so we went up the hill a bit to get away a bit.

As usual, I brought the arsenal. About 4 or 5 times, "sketchy" people in trucks or broncos would almost slow to a stop to scope out my gear, which of course makes me nervous. (Like I should be nervous holding an AR and wearing a thigh holstered Glock!) Nevermind the jeeps, or dirtbikes that fly by every 45 seconds.

I dont know, it was nothing Im sure, but I just want to be left alone. Thats why my new spot is perfect. No dirtbikes, quads, jeeps, or sketchballs plotting on my junk. :D

Maybe I will give it another chance though, from what you say, it sounds like it's better than before.

KaLiFORNIA
02-11-2010, 10:05 AM
theres all kind of spots off of gilman springs rd, just go east into the hills as far as you can ( 2 miles away from a residence, and somthing like 100 yards from a street ) but unfortunately the famous jack rabbit trail spot is gone, i use to see whole families with an eazy up and BBQ making a day of it... someone built a house out there and will call the cops :( if that person on CGN (doubtfull)... let us (Cal gunners)shoot we pose no threat to you, we will pick up empty shells, targets

PublicRelations
05-15-2010, 9:37 AM
I haven't been in a while... It's either Jack Rabbit Trail or Eden Hot Springs Rd. that I usually go to. I just remember it's right after the golf course on the left.

I'm going today (in about an hour or so) and hope to report back some positive news!

Since I hadn't gone to that spot in a while, I thought I'd Google the spot and see if there were any notable postings about the area. Cool to see that spot talked about on this forum!

FUBAR
05-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I used to shoot at Jawbone but now I to live in Riverside county. Can u guys tell me exactly where Bee Canyon is? Also any other places to shoot in an open area? Thanks in advance and great site.

Cherns
05-19-2010, 9:37 AM
just got back to california, got a .30-.06 while in north carolina, i live in corona and am looking for a place to shoot, I also would like to know where bee canyon and other good places might be at.

Eat Dirt
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Here you go guys / This will help ;;

The canyons are just off hwy.74 as you leave hemet valley going East

They get busy on weekends , But on week days it's Nice and quite
Each canyon in long and narrow .
about 6 of them on the lower lever / Easy to get to

Take Hwy .74 east past valle vista

Before you start going into the hills
// you will pass Cranston Ranger station on the right
Then drive over the bridge at the riverbed
Then the next dirt road on left .... Turn in
Follow this 1 mile and you will find the first of many canyons to shoot in

If you need any more info . just P M me

I'm out there a few times a week ' Harvesting " Brass

Cherns
05-19-2010, 7:56 PM
sweet, thanks eat dirt, I'll probably take a trip out there sometime next week.

Eat Dirt
05-19-2010, 9:43 PM
sweet, thanks eat dirt, I'll probably take a trip out there sometime next week.

During the week is best ( hardley anybody ) I was there late today testing a revolver. Only 1 other shooter !!

When you turn on the dirt road go Left... ( West ) just follow the dirt road around the hill

Eat Dirt Is the lic. plate on my truck in the advatar

ale014
05-28-2010, 7:55 PM
Thanks EAT DIRT!, just sent a PM

nice to know there's still decent people out there!

Eat Dirt
05-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks EAT DIRT!, just sent a PM

nice to know there's still decent people out there!

Thanks Anthony ...........

Just trying to help some of the Cal-Gun members

bearstatearmory.com
08-31-2010, 2:30 PM
I want to go here soon (this weekend) are these spots still good. I'm also comming from Corona.

cindynles
08-31-2010, 3:18 PM
You might want to check with the ranger station and see if it is open for shooting (fire season).

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72 BTSw8jAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEH cDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEAIzTHkw!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfMjAwMDAwMDBBODBPSEhWTjJNMD AwMDAwMDA!/?navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=stelprdb5156888&navid=110250000000000&pnavid=110000000000000&ss=110512&position=Not Yet Determined.Html&ttype=detail&pname=San Bernardino National Forest- Other Activities

Mail Clerk
08-31-2010, 7:31 PM
If you live in Riverside County I'd recommend Inland Fish and Game cuz it's easy to get to off the 210 freeway. Currently it's closed but I hear rumors of them opening up again in a couple months. Anyone heard differently???

Mail Clerk

absc280
09-02-2010, 3:02 PM
I just called the Ranger station for Bee Canyon and she said they are closed for the "fire season". She was saying that coul last until December. I was going there with another calgunner who is camping at Lake Elsinore. Any other open outside places to shoot this Sunday around that area??

eric.c
09-02-2010, 3:44 PM
they're closed???? i just made plans to go shooting there all day on sunday. bummer......