PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ffl that wants to make money in Sacramento

CKY
11-19-2009, 7:50 AM
Doing a group buy on ar lowers of 200 or more and need a ffl that wants to spend the time to make a couple thousand dollars in a day. Was thinking of 36 dollars for the first lower and 10 for each additional per person. So that's two thousand dollars. Needs to be in the Sacramento area. Any takers?

ChrisTKHarris
11-19-2009, 7:52 AM
Why not contact a few shops?

River City
Just Guns
Cordova Shooting Center
Wild Bill's
The Gun Room
Badger John's
J&G Gunsmth
Tactical Defense Survival
Sacramento Black Rifle
Golden State Tactical

CKY
11-19-2009, 9:46 AM
Why not contact a few shops?

River City
Just Guns
Cordova Shooting Center
Wild Bill's
The Gun Room
Badger John's
J&G Gunsmth
Tactical Defense Survival
Sacramento Black Rifle
Golden State Tactical

Sac black is not a ffl and some of the bigger gun stores with overhead don't do deals. There are home based ffl I am looking for that need money and want to help the cause. Some ffl are still scared and think ar15 are illegal. I'm trying to eliminate all the turndowns and have a ffl contact me willing to help.

ChrisTKHarris
11-19-2009, 1:11 PM
Sac black is not a ffl and some of the bigger gun stores with overhead don't do deals. There are home based ffl I am looking for that need money and want to help the cause. Some ffl are still scared and think ar15 are illegal. I'm trying to eliminate all the turndowns and have a ffl contact me willing to help.

Gotcha, good luck on the hunt. :)

CKY
11-19-2009, 3:26 PM
Well i found one for 95$ then one for 75$. Kept calling and found one for 60$ and then 55$. Its amazing. I got 100 or more people that want lowers so now we are getting 300. So 26$ dros and 100 people at the least at 55$ total. Thats at least 2900$ for the ffl. What a great business day huh! Anyone interested? At times like this i would expect businessmen to be looking for money and with the holidays coming what wouldnt be greater than 2900$. This is what i found not what came to me!

freonr22
11-19-2009, 3:29 PM
not Sacramento, but have you tried Roger's Relics in The San Jose Area?

Or

in tracy, Polish mike is opening a shop, he might have his ffl already?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=241828&highlight=tracy

CKY
11-19-2009, 4:22 PM
not Sacramento, but have you tried Roger's Relics in The San Jose Area?

Or

in tracy, Polish mike is opening a shop, he might have his ffl already?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=241828&highlight=tracy

That's really far for 100 people to go to twice for something that should be able to do in Sacramento. Well I am at least hoping for it.

freonr22
11-19-2009, 4:24 PM
or you could get an ffl and be done with it?

CKY
11-19-2009, 4:48 PM
or you could get an ffl and be done with it?

Would'nt that be great. Deals for all and a good attitude. ill work on that.

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2009, 5:04 PM
Have you taken into consideration the amount of work that would be required to run 100 DROS? Lets figure a very generous 15 minutes per customer (ten minutes to start, 5 minutes to pick up). That is 1500 minutes, divided by 60, so 25 hours straight of paperwork. Now if the guys wanted me to build some of them up or sell them other goodies, we are now looking at maybe 30 minutes a customer or 3000 minutes and now 50 hours. So your statement "Make a couple thousand dollars in a day" is really "make a couple thousand dollars in two 8 hour days and a last 9 hour day with no breaks at all". Unless we use the 30 minute model in which it would be a whole week.

Not to mention if it is a smart FFL, you never get involved in group buys. Sure you have 100 guys that want lowers, until it comes time to actually run them and suddenly you have only 20 guys that really want to pony up.

Try JK Supply Co. in Ione (www.jksupplyco.com). Maybe he is down.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think you fully understand the time commitment and work that it requires to run a DROS and make sure it is completed correctly. I want to educate you so you can be more realistic about what you are asking a single dealer to do. Especially a single dealer who only does this on his spare time and might not like that much action.

Now I might consider doing it only because I have everything those guys need to finish their paperweights and I would make some more money in the end if I charged only a $25 transfer fee for each DROS run. Of course, I would have nothing to do with the actual paying for the lowers and would just be the receiver.

ChrisTKHarris
11-19-2009, 5:29 PM
Have you taken into consideration the amount of work that would be required to run 100 DROS? Lets figure a very generous 15 minutes per customer (ten minutes to start, 5 minutes to pick up). That is 1500 minutes, divided by 60, so 25 hours straight of paperwork. Now if the guys wanted me to build some of them up or sell them other goodies, we are now looking at maybe 30 minutes a customer or 3000 minutes and now 50 hours. So your statement "Make a couple thousand dollars in a day" is really "make a couple thousand dollars in two 8 hour days and a last 9 hour day with no breaks at all". Unless we use the 30 minute model in which it would be a whole week.

Not to mention if it is a smart FFL, you never get involved in group buys. Sure you have 100 guys that want lowers, until it comes time to actually run them and suddenly you have only 20 guys that really want to pony up.

Try JK Supply Co. in Ione (www.jksupplyco.com). Maybe he is down.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think you fully understand the time commitment and work that it requires to run a DROS and make sure it is completed correctly. I want to educate you so you can be more realistic about what you are asking a single dealer to do. Especially a single dealer who only does this on his spare time and might not like that much action.

Now I might consider doing it only because I have everything those guys need to finish their paperweights and I would make some more money in the end if I charged only a $25 transfer fee for each DROS run. Of course, I would have nothing to do with the actual paying for the lowers and would just be the receiver.

Okay I understand that it takes time to do an FFL, but money is money. If they consider a cost/benefit analysis they can decide if it's worthwhile for them or not. If they don't think it's worth it then hey their loss someone else will be willing to WORK for their money. God forbid that a person actually has to do something to earn a living. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/icon22.gif

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2009, 6:14 PM
Okay I understand that it takes time to do an FFL, but money is money. If they consider a cost/benefit analysis they can decide if it's worthwhile for them or not. If they don't think it's worth it then hey their loss someone else will be willing to WORK for their money. God forbid that a person actually has to do something to earn a living. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/images/smilies/icon22.gif

Open up your own FFL. You will quickly learn that money is not actually money. As you spend more and more time doing paperwork and the things necessary to run a business, you will soon see that your time is actually worth more than money. The amount of time it takes to run such a group buy might simply not be worth it.

You might not mind working really hard to make a few bucks. Open your own FFL. I look at everything I do this way. I make $50 an hour to be a teacher. Why would I want to bust my rear for an extra $20 an hour? It doesn't make sense when I could be spending time at home with my wife and kid or be out doing something I enjoy like shooting or Geocaching.

I used to be like you. Look at my business name. Ten Percent Firearms. Screw that. Running a business is not worth the time and effort to only make 10% profit let alone just the sheer impossibility of having items in stock for customers to check out with such a low profit margin. Sure we can talk about doing shooters a service, but again, if I wanted to do that, I woudl volunteer for the Friends of NRA. I am in business to make as much money as possible. There really isn't any other reason to do it unless you just want to be busy for busy's sake. Some people do.

Keep us updated on how it goes. I am intersted to see if you really do get 100 guys that want to DROS lowers and then actually follow through. I honestly want to see you find somebody do it and I am not trying to dog you. I wish you the best of luck.

ChrisTKHarris
11-19-2009, 6:17 PM
Open up your own FFL. You will quickly learn that money is not actually money. As you spend more and more time doing paperwork and the things necessary to run a business, you will soon see that your time is actually worth more than money. The amount of time it takes to run such a group buy might simply not be worth it.

You might not mind working really hard to make a few bucks. Open your own FFL. I look at everything I do this way. I make $50 an hour to be a teacher. Why would I want to bust my rear for an extra $20 an hour? It doesn't make sense when I could be spending time at home with my wife and kid or be out doing something I enjoy like shooting or Geocaching.

I used to be like you. Look at my business name. Ten Percent Firearms. Screw that. Running a business is not worth the time and effort to only make 10% profit let alone just the sheer impossibility of having items in stock for customers to check out with such a low profit margin. Sure we can talk about doing shooters a service, but again, if I wanted to do that, I woudl volunteer for the Friends of NRA. I am in business to make as much money as possible. There really isn't any other reason to do it unless you just want to be busy for busy's sake. Some people do.

Keep us updated on how it goes. I am intersted to see if you really do get 100 guys that want to DROS lowers and then actually follow through. I honestly want to see you find somebody do it and I am not trying to dog you. I wish you the best of luck.

http://www.andrerieutranslations.com/images/violin123.jpg

freonr22
11-19-2009, 7:59 PM
If I'm not mistaken wes has done a 200 lower group buy once

freakshow10mm
11-19-2009, 8:04 PM
Outside the normal group buy stuff I doubt you will find an FFL for $10 per (never mind the oddball $36 first transfer).

Most dealer transfer prices I've seen in CA are $50. You're asking for an 80% discount on a transfer which is a hell of a lot, especially considering the amount of paperwork involved.

Also note that at a 200 unit price, the dealer is also accepting $15,000 worth of risk having the receivers in his/her possession. To accept that liability plus process paperwork for 200 receivers sure is worth a lot more than $10 per unit.

CKY
11-19-2009, 8:09 PM
Thanks ten percent for the info. I know it takes alot of time and so does making a living. Even doing it for a whole week of dros and talking to people for 2900$ with the possibility of additional part still seems like a good living. That alot more than what I make a week. All the lowers will be paid for first then ordered and shipped to the ffl. Dates can be set up for paperwork to be done so the ffl does not get swamped. I am the same way though. I can always make more money but I can't make more time. Taking into how the economy is going and how much farther it is going to go I would make all the money I can now because soon you will have all the time to spend with your friends and family when there is no money to be made.

ChrisTKHarris
11-19-2009, 8:11 PM
^^^ well said

CKY
11-19-2009, 8:17 PM
Let's not make this into a crap on everyone thread. I really appreciate all the info and suggestions everyone is posting. Trust me I will find someone to do it and that person will make money. If your not the person then move on to the next thread and let me make this happen with happy people. I am alot closer to making this happen then I was at first post. This will happen and everyone will be happy with a lower or income.

freakshow10mm
11-19-2009, 8:27 PM
Taking into how the economy is going and how much farther it is going to go I would make all the money I can now because soon you will have all the time to spend with your friends and family when there is no money to be made.
I doubt an FFL would be so desperate right now to cut that much of a discount off their transfer fee for a group buy, in any economy.

CKY
11-19-2009, 8:50 PM
I knew we could do it! Just got a call from JK Supply Co. in Ione to do the transfer. Rob at Sacramento Black Rifle will be selling Spikes Tactical lowers at 75$ each plus tax. Call him if your interested because they will be gone before you know it. Jk supply is doing it for one price for as many lowers one person wants. So 1-10 is one droes fee. What a great guy. Rob will be taking payments immediatly and already has it set up with Spikes. There will be no refunds on the lowers. If you buy a lower and it gets shipped to a ffl and u fail the dros you lose. Make sure your able to purchase a firearm before you purchase. Sac Black already has a long list of people ready to go so there might only be 100 or so left. Call Rob at 916-560-8774

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I knew we could do it! Just got a call from JK Supply Co. in Ione to do the transfer. Rob at Sacramento Black Rifle will be selling Spikes Tactical lowers at 75$ each plus tax. Call him if your interested because they will be gone before you know it. Jk supply is doing it for one price for as many lowers one person wants. So 1-10 is one droes fee. What a great guy. Rob will be taking payments immediatly and already has it set up with Spikes. There will be no refunds on the lowers. If you buy a lower and it gets shipped to a ffl and u fail the dros you lose. Make sure your able to purchase a firearm before you purchase. Sac Black already has a long list of people ready to go so there might only be 100 or so left. Call Rob at 916-560-8774

What is the transfer price?

DTS
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Snellings Firearms

Contact Person:
Bob Snellings
2675 Land Ave
Sacramento, CA 95815

Email:
bobsnellings@sbcglobal.net?
(916)833-9771?
$50.00 ($25.00 transfer fee plus the $25.00 DROS fee)

$50.00 is total whether transferring 1 or 10 firearms?at any 1 time?