PDA

View Full Version : If the Brady campaign fears him, he should be nominated!

Charliegone
09-21-2005, 1:06 PM
http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/release.php?release=681

So, the Brady campaign, in other words, is afraid John Roberts will finally settle things straight. Hmmmm.. if it creates doubt in their minds let him be nominated! I say.

09-21-2005, 1:29 PM
These people have a serious problem. They want to take away all guns from citizens, yet they get support (including congressional support, which is what matters). I was under the impression they just wanted to ban certain gnus, but this "article" changed my mind. They don't like him because he doesn't agree with them, it's that simple.

. Actually, virtually every federal appeals court has decided this issue and only one, the Fifth Circuit in United States v. Emerson, has endorsed the individual rights view. Since the Emerson opinion in 2001 (which was joined by only two circuit court judges and actually upheld the gun law at issue), the individual rights view has been rejected by the Fourth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits. The First, Second, Third and Eighth Circuits also have issued definitive rulings rejecting the individual rights view. Judge Roberts managed to avoid mentioning this remarkable degree of judicial consensus on the meaning of the Second Amendment.

I fear the changes that will come to the supreme court as the old justices die. When they are forced to interpret the second amendment, they may interpret it as a collective right, not an individual one. What then? I just hope that I have all the guns I want by then.

Here's one of their ads:
http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/0705/s397_2005-07-20.pdf

Notice that all the guns on the rack are "assault rifles". Sounds like a typical gun store, right?

Matt777
09-22-2005, 7:54 PM
Retarded ad. How the hell would he have known the buyer was a suspected terrorist.

09-22-2005, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Matt777:
Retarded ad. How the hell would he have known the buyer was a suspected terrorist.

All terrorists must have a terrorist identification card.

leo@csuhayward.edu
09-22-2005, 9:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt777:

also in the ad, is the box for.... yup... donations.

no other box for say... "more info about our group"...

just "give us money..."

sad...

Rumpled
09-22-2005, 11:55 PM
We, and Brady, know that .50's can't really (reliably and from half a mile like they say) shoot down planes.
Wanna bet that picture is stolen? ie Not paying for use of a copyrighted photo.
They've done that a few times already.