PDA

View Full Version : my printer is causing a BAD_POOL_CALLER error

mossy
11-18-2009, 4:55 PM
a few weeks ago my XP laptop would crash whenever i turned it on with a bad pool caller error, i did not have the time to fix it then so i just did all my work off another laptop i have. today i took out all the usb's i had in, and started in safe mode, deleated a few MP3's that i thought might have started this, ran a system sweep, and restarted. everything was going fine, so i hooked my mouse back up, still fine so i hooked the printer in and.....instant blue screen :eek: i have had this printer for a long time and it has never caused problems like this. what can i do to get my printer back working on my laptop. laptop is windows XP pro, and printer is a HP Photosmart 3210 all in one.

sonico
11-19-2009, 2:16 PM
First I would try a different USB port on the laptop. If it still causes the problem try the printer on a different computer, if it causes issues on the diff computer, toss the printer.

If it works on the diff computer, try an XP repair install (http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm)

CaMakarovnik
11-20-2009, 7:35 AM
A BAD_POOL_ERROR can be caused either by hardware or software, and can show up after a software or driver update even if the hardware does not change.

You can try removing the printer, then reinstalling it, which will permit you to recopy the device driver (in case the driver has been corrupted). Check HP's website to see if there is a new driver available.

If that doesn't work, try using system restore to roll back to a date before the blue screen started to occur.