PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 anticipation problem with laptop??

bridgeport
11-18-2009, 4:22 PM
Greetings Tech-meisters... I am running windows 7 on my dell inspiron laptop
and it seems to anticipate actions which is driving me nuts. If I place the cursor on something... it will automatically open it without me clicking, or if I move the cursor to the sidebar it will anticipate moving or some other action.
Can this be stopped? I just want it to respond strictly to my inputs. Somebody please explain / help.

JDay
11-18-2009, 4:54 PM
Sounds like you have some sort of virus/trojan. Or someone put something on there to play a joke on you. Scan the system, if that doesn't fix it you should do a reinstall. If you don't have any AV software on there get MSE for Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Corbin Dallas
11-18-2009, 7:00 PM
Turn off "Snap to" in the mouse settings.

bridgeport
11-18-2009, 8:06 PM
It came loaded with Vista, and I did an install using the 32 bit win 7 disk.
I dont use it to go online, ( I am typing this on mac) it just seems to be built into the operating system. I will try the suggestion of disabling the snap to.

SeanCasey
11-19-2009, 9:30 AM
Sounds like the touchpad sensitivity is set high on the feature for tapping the pad to emulate a click. Probably set to be very sensitive and thus clicking on files as you move your cursor.

jammer2k
11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Sounds like the touchpad sensitivity is set high on the feature for tapping the pad to emulate a click. Probably set to be very sensitive and thus clicking on files as you move your cursor.

That is my problem also, I just brush the touchpad and it takes it a click.

bridgeport
11-19-2009, 4:20 PM
Touchpad sensitivity.... I will check that right now... Thank you for the help guys !!