PDA

View Full Version : LA's new Cheif Beck and CCW's?

lioneaglegriffin
11-18-2009, 4:02 PM
does the city's new Cheif of Police who is Charlie Beck change anything? is he just as stingy with the whole may issue situtation here? how does he figure into Sykes?

Liberty1
11-18-2009, 4:06 PM
He did't get to that position by rocking the boat. He'll just wait to get sued like all the rest.

bodger
11-18-2009, 4:11 PM
Bratton clone. Otherwise Villa what's-his-name never would have picked him.

I had a conversation with the LAPD Senior Lead Officer who works my neighborhood in LA about whether or not Beck would waver from Bratton's position on CCW. FWIW, his opinion was "not a chance".

Funny though, that officer was personally not opposed to CCW to qualified individuals and understands the desire for SD.

Glock22Fan
11-18-2009, 4:15 PM
Already discussed ad nauseum. Already written off as useless (for us).

bulgron
11-18-2009, 4:24 PM
He did't get to that position by rocking the boat. He'll just wait to get sued like all the rest.

Do we really think that we'll need to sue each and every agency? I mean, SF and LA will, presumably, have to be dragged to court multiple times. But I'm generally hopeful that currently non-issuing PDs and SOs around the state will fall in line quickly once they see us win with Sykes.

lioneaglegriffin
11-18-2009, 5:04 PM
Do we really think that we'll need to sue each and every agency? I mean, SF and LA will, presumably, have to be dragged to court multiple times. But I'm generally hopeful that currently non-issuing PDs and SOs around the state will fall in line quickly once they see us win with Sykes.

yes, and if they don't i assume each time they resist it will be a quick open and shut case.

Billy Jack
11-18-2009, 5:04 PM
The dynamics are very unique at LAPD right now. New Chief, new fiscally conservative City Attorney.

Let me spell it out a little bit. The Stipulated Settlement sets guidelines for the Chief of LAPD to follow. Charlie Beck is now the Chief and the Settlement will apply to him. He is personally responsible for damages for failure to follow it.

If the department is sued it will be an OSC Re Contempt. Along with that goes sanctions and damages for which the Chief would be held personally responsible.

If no one applies and takes him on the department will continue to ignore the Settlement. Does anyone want to play with LAPD?

Any questions? E-mail me.

Billy Jack
Oath Keeper
Son of Liberty & Patriot

abillyjack@gmail.com
aclueseau@yahoo.com

jello2594
11-19-2009, 6:49 PM
Say I apply to LAPD with actual good cause and am rejected. So I file a suit, for a certain amount of money, and settle for a CCW? Then what? I have to re-sue every 2 years??

Billy Jack
11-19-2009, 10:42 PM
The remaining Plaintiffs in the Stipulated Settlement case still have their CCW's. Last check there were 13 of the original left.

If you sued and prevailed or settled you would have a CCW as long as your GC remained and you resided in Los Angeles.

If you wanted to sue every two years that would be a rather interesting personal decision. Hey, just a little Reservation humor.

Billy Jack