PDA

View Full Version : Concealed carry in Monterey County

09-18-2005, 8:37 AM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I have to say I think it is great. Especially the gun rights issues, I considered myself pretty well read on gunrights issues untill I came here, thanks for all the information. My question is does anyone on the forum live in Monterey county and have a concealed wepons permit? And if so how did you go about getting it? Thanks to all.

bigjim
09-18-2005, 8:56 AM
I had one for 7 years. The currently elected asshate in charge of MCSD pulled it with out a reason. Monterey county is arbitrary in how it hands out permits. It all depends the guy in charge. Local City Police chiefs are a waste of your time, they even levy illegal fees as a way to keep you from applying.

Bad bad bad.

C.G.
09-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by cpt8404:
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I have to say I think it is great. Especially the gun rights issues, I considered myself pretty well read on gunrights issues untill I came here, thanks for all the information. My question is does anyone on the forum live in Monterey county and have a concealed wepons permit? And if so how did you go about getting it? Thanks to all.

You pretty much have to be a cop or a retired cop to get a CCW in Monterey County.

09-18-2005, 3:15 PM
I'm an arson investigator in training, and plan on taking PC832, but not going all the way up to full peace officer status. Do you think this will help?

C.G.
09-18-2005, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by cpt8404:
I'm an arson investigator in training, and plan on taking PC832, but not going all the way up to full peace officer status. Do you think this will help?
It should, but in Monterey County you never know.