PDA

View Full Version : Question about out of state purchase from C&R FFL holder

wilshire1412
11-17-2009, 6:13 PM
Hello Gentlemen,

I am in discussion with an out of state C&R FFL concerning purchasing a C&R qualified handgun and having it shipped into California to my local FFL. I am curious about the CFLC requirement, does this still aply in this case? Will the out of state C&R FFL be able to send the handgun to my local FFL without the approval letter? The handgun in question qualifies as C&R both by age and is listed as C&R by make and model, if it makes any difference. Any info will be helpful.

IrishPirate
11-17-2009, 6:15 PM
you should be good. IF the out of state FFL is willing to ship. I've found 90% aren't. but yeah, if it's cool with him, and you've got a local FFL to do the paperwork, or if you've got your C&R license yourself, then you're good.

wilshire1412
11-17-2009, 6:22 PM
I am not a FFL of any description, I will of course ask my local guy what he requires to do such a transfer. I am familiar with all the requirements on my end to do the DROS for the piece if it gets here. So far the out of state C&R holder has been very straightforward and knowledgeable and appears willing to send the piece, but he has not sent anything to California for a while and may not be up to speed on the current madness.

kemasa
11-18-2009, 10:15 AM
The CFLC only applies to FFL who are businesses, C&R FFLs do not count. Private parties don't need a letter, which shows what this program is really about. As long as your local FFL is willing to accept the firearm from this person, there is no problem.

wilshire1412
11-18-2009, 1:29 PM
Talked to my local FFL, the sender in this case does not need CFLC according to his information.