PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Unloaded Open Carry - Is it helping or hurting?

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 3:36 PM
As a person who is considering exercising his right to UOC, I'm wondering...

Does Calguns think UOC is helping or hurting RKBA causes overall?

Bizcuits
11-17-2009, 3:51 PM
doesn't matter...

freonr22
11-17-2009, 3:57 PM
@ the moment it would hurt the cause

Eckolaker
11-17-2009, 4:32 PM
Exercising your rights within the law is always good thing.

Super Spy
11-17-2009, 4:46 PM
If you have an axe to grind and your using it to get media attention like Zellany did in SJ I'm pretty sure it hurts public image of gun owners.

berto
11-17-2009, 5:03 PM
Neutral at best.

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 5:41 PM
I thought there'd be more posts as this is a pretty controversial topic.

MudCamper
11-17-2009, 5:46 PM

The horse has been flogged pretty much enough.

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 5:56 PM
Bawwwwwww.... oh well.

technique
11-17-2009, 6:30 PM

yup....

Besides, Most people including advocates of, are at a "stand down" at this point.
All everyone can do is sit back and wait...we all hope for the best.

wildhawker
11-17-2009, 7:18 PM
I fail to understand the point of this thread if not to stir up unproductive controversy and uncivil debate.

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 7:25 PM
It's for my benefit so that I can see where the majority of Calgunners stand on UOC. I admit that it's completely selfish and likely has no real value to anybody except me.

If people choose to act uncivilly, I cannot help it. However, so far this thread has been quite civil.

I fail to understand the point of this thread if not to stir up unproductive controversy and uncivil debate.

radioman
11-17-2009, 7:26 PM
Why uoc, maybe by July we can loc. just lay low and it will come to you, now is not the time to be a fool, we are in this fight to win, and we will.

bodger
11-17-2009, 7:30 PM

Yeah, it's been batted back and forth so much at this point, you can't even get a good flaming for starting another thread about it.

I'll go with the "Right People" on this one and take their advice that it's better to wait.

I always thought it was a bad way to carry a piece for SD anyway, and a good way to get arrested.

GFSZ is the Catch-22 the government came up with to make it not worth it.
Check what happened to Theseus.

No thanks. I honestly thing you would have less chance of getting arrested if you just concealed, even w/o the CCW.

wildhawker
11-17-2009, 8:12 PM
Oldrifle, are a few simple searches beyond your capability? The answers you seek can be found quite simply without need for a rehash of previous debates. We've shed enough blood over the topic this year; the least you could do is respect the balance we've reached and satisfy your curiosities using a less inflammatory method.

oaklander
11-17-2009, 8:14 PM
Ack - not this again!!!

http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/green/blog/blogpost_img/picard_facepalm.jpg

Meplat
11-17-2009, 8:25 PM
Go open carry any place were it is lawful to discharge a firearm NF, BLM, etc., don't go looking fore trouble.

P. S. For practicle self definse CCW without a permit is much less dangerous all the way around. I did it for over 30 years with no problem.

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 8:26 PM
I did search but I didn't see any threads that would give me a definitive answer as to how the majority of Calgunners feel about UOC. Sure, there are many threads about UOC and many different opinions expressed, but I wanted to see it in poll numbers so I could see what the majority actually thinks. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but I didn't find the information I was looking for and felt justified in creating a new thread to satisfy at least my own curiosity. I'm very sorry if by doing so I have caused planets to collide and cute little kittens to die.

Oldrifle, are a few simple searches beyond your capability? The answers you seek can be found quite simply without need for a rehash of previous debates. We've shed enough blood over the topic this year; the least you could do is respect the balance we've reached and satisfy your curiosities using a less inflammatory method.

cineski
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm undecided. On one had, we all have the right to be armed. On the other hand, those who don't want to see your gun has a right to not see it. I'm 100% for CCW, and can't say if this is helping or hurting.

freonr22
11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
well, people have been convicted recently, that in part makes our fight uphill a steeper climb. so instead of excersizing your "right" to uoc, why not excercise your right to assist to overturn laws? Join an NRA Members Council, and not just give a few dollars to someone elses Nra, but make it your own, devote time, and get laws changed so its a mute point?

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
The main reason why I'm leaning towards not UOCing at the moment is the concern that if I'm in a robbery or mass shooting situation and the shooter sees a gun hanging off my belt, I'll be the first to get shot. If I can carry loaded, perhaps I'll be able to draw and shoot in time to save myself and others. If there aren't very many people open carrying, it won't serve as much of a deterrent to criminals.

To me, concealed carry is just so much more valuable. You have the protection and you're also not a target.

ilbob
11-18-2009, 7:05 AM
I doubt that it makes any real difference at all.

The extent of the RTKBA is going to be resolved ultimately by the courts over the next decade or two and what a few dozen people do to push the envelope is not going to be especially meaningful.

demnogis
11-18-2009, 7:44 AM
:beatdeadhorse5:

JDoe
11-18-2009, 8:53 AM

Look at the KTVU story online, it has one comment.

Link to the story, with video, here on KTVU (http://www.ktvu.com/news/21644403/detail.html).