PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in saying "thanks" over a cup of joe...

CnCFunFactory
11-16-2009, 1:54 PM
Join Assemblymember Kevin de León and your neighbors for coffee.

Wednesday
November 18th, 2009
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Edendale Branch Library
(Community Room)
2011 W. Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, 90026

...Come discuss legislative issues of importance to you and the community.

For more information please call
(323) 225-4545.

Peter W Bush
11-16-2009, 2:15 PM
We should go thank this a**hole in person. After all, he made it harder for gangbangers to buy ammo!!! :censored:

CHS
11-16-2009, 2:18 PM
I will not be going in order to prevent myself from doing and saying something really stupid :)

timmyb21
11-16-2009, 2:28 PM
I will not be going in order to prevent myself from doing and saying something really stupid :)

This.

bodger
11-16-2009, 2:50 PM
I'm working on a house about a half mile from there.

Maybe I'll put on one of my NRA t-shirts and stop by for a little grip and grin, and Q & A.
How 'bout I video it and put it on YouTube.

Anyone want to contribute a question or two?

Super Spy
11-16-2009, 3:05 PM
Can I Open Carry?

<jk>

CnCFunFactory
11-16-2009, 3:13 PM
Can I Open Carry?

<jk>

wouldn't that be nice...:mad:

Scratch705
11-16-2009, 3:15 PM
as him whats to stop the gangbangers from stocking up on ammo now before the restriction takes place by 2011?

or by getting neighbors/sisters/wives/girlfriends/3rd cousin from his uncle side/etc from buying ammo after the restrictions are put in place on 2011?

ask how they plan to use the sale of handgun ammo records to find those who shot the bullets if the bullets are not individually ID'ed and linked to the buyer?

ask how this ab962 will stop the large blackmarket that exist for guns in california already, where most gangbangers get their ammo from anyways?

oldrifle
11-16-2009, 3:34 PM
Has anyone here actually ever seen someone who looks like a gangbanger buying ammo in public? Do they reload or something?

AndrewMendez
11-16-2009, 4:07 PM
Has anyone here actually ever seen someone who looks like a gangbanger buying ammo in public? Do they reload or something?

:rofl:

liketoshoot
11-16-2009, 4:09 PM

A+++

glockman19
11-16-2009, 4:10 PM
Wouldn't Open Carry be OK? Really. We won't have any of those evil bullits' he gets to regulate...maybe...

bodger
11-16-2009, 4:12 PM

I think one of DeLeon's relatives is a large black market distributor of ammuniton. AB962 was just his way of cutting down on the competition. Now all felons will have to buy from the DeLeon family.

Head of the family is Don DeLeon. :D

Regulus
11-16-2009, 4:22 PM
I'm working on a house about a half mile from there.

Maybe I'll put on one of my NRA t-shirts and stop by for a little grip and grin, and Q & A.
How 'bout I video it and put it on YouTube.

Anyone want to contribute a question or two?

Keeping it civil (which I couldn't do if I went myself), ask if he has any plans to quantify the success of AB 962 for his re-election campaign. Does he have any expectation that this law will make any difference and, if so, how will he measure such success?

bodger
11-16-2009, 5:45 PM
Keeping it civil (which I couldn't do if I went myself), ask if he has any plans to quantify the success of AB 962 for his re-election campaign. Does he have any expectation that this law will make any difference and, if so, how will he measure such success?

That's a good one. I'm actually going to try to make it over there. I can keep it civil, if I thought it would do us gunnies any good to be a jackass, I would love to, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of calling me a gun nut an ignoring me.

Of course, it's a futile effort, gun control being so popular in this state. Who knows though, there might be another gunny or two showing up to ask WTF.

That library where he'll be is not in the safest of areas. Alvarado and Sunset.

I'm sure Little Kevin will have armed bodyguards, but I'll have to go gunless, me being just an ordinary citizen and all. My life isn't worth as much.

mosinnagantm9130
11-16-2009, 5:55 PM
Too bad I'm not in the area.:(

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-16-2009, 6:14 PM
I'll give someone $5 to UOC there.

Telperion
11-16-2009, 6:17 PM
If you do it yourself, you can keep your own money.

Dr Rockso
11-16-2009, 6:52 PM
How much if I UOC a shotgun?
:D

Fate
11-16-2009, 7:27 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YQoA4MSYQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6YQoA4MSYQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bodger
11-16-2009, 7:48 PM

Add another $50K for defending the inevitable charges that would result and I'll do it.

What I'd like to do is set up a booth out front and sell ammunition.

PRE-AB962 AMMO CLEARANCE SALE TONITE!
NO ID, NO FINGERPRINTING!

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-16-2009, 8:14 PM
If you do it yourself, you can keep your own money.

Don't feel like driving from the Bay Area and losing a house.

Decoligny
11-17-2009, 7:41 AM
Wouldn't Open Carry be OK? Really. We won't have any of those evil bullits' he gets to regulate...maybe...

Definitely not, because it would be a felony wobbler because the Edendale Branch Library is a Los Angeles County Library and as such is a "local public building".

PC 171b. (a) Any person who brings or possesses within any state or
local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the
public pursuant to Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 54950) of Part
1 of Division 2 of Title 5 of, or Article 9 (commencing with Section
11120) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of, the
Government Code, any of the following is guilty of a public offense
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one
year, or in the state prison:
(1) Any firearm.

Decoligny
11-17-2009, 7:43 AM
How much if I UOC a shotgun?
:D

A year in State Prison.

CHS
11-17-2009, 7:46 AM
What is wrong with all of you?

You complain about people like Deleon always doing what they can to take away your gun rights, and at the same time talk about carrying guns to a sit-down event with him?

Are you honestly forgetting to put a smiley on there or use the sarcasm tags? Or are you people just that stupid?

dirtnap
11-17-2009, 8:25 AM
Or are you people just that stupid?

What do you mean, "you people" ? :D

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg

ldivinag
11-17-2009, 10:52 AM
What do you mean by, "you people" ? :D

[talking like alpa chino from TROPIC THUNDER]

what do you mean YOU PEOPLE?...

[/talking like alpa chino from TROPIC THUNDER]

snobord99
11-17-2009, 5:46 PM
ask how they plan to use the sale of handgun ammo records to find those who shot the bullets if the bullets are not individually ID'ed and linked to the buyer?

You asking questions or giving him suggestions?

snobord99
11-17-2009, 5:49 PM

Gang bangers don't really need that much ammo. It's not like they go to the range and work on their aim. One trip to WalMart (when the limit was 6 boxes) should be enough to last them at least a year.

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-17-2009, 5:50 PM

You complain about people like Deleon always doing what they can to take away your gun rights, and at the same time talk about carrying guns to a sit-down event with him?

Are you honestly forgetting to put a smiley on there or use the sarcasm tags? Or are you people just that stupid?

What do you mean, "you people" ? :D

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg

I was going to reply, but this made me laugh too hard.

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 6:21 PM
That's what I was thinking. They don't go to ranges and I think they rarely actually fire their weapons... one box should last them for quite a while.

I thought De Leon said they were ordering big old spam cans of 7.62x54R from Cheaper Than Dirt??? I'm so confused.

Gang bangers don't really need that much ammo. It's not like they go to the range and work on their aim. One trip to WalMart (when the limit was 6 boxes) should be enough to last them at least a year.

bodger
11-17-2009, 6:25 PM

Would a smiley make any real difference? And if there isn't a school within 1000', would it be against the law to UOC just because Little Kevin is there?

:):):):):):)

snobord99
11-17-2009, 7:46 PM
That's what I was thinking. They don't go to ranges and I think they rarely actually fire their weapons... one box should last them for quite a while.

I thought De Leon said they were ordering big old spam cans of 7.62x54R from Cheaper Than Dirt??? I'm so confused.

No no no. Why would they need those big ol' spam cans? I mean, they're only allowed to shoot 10 rounds at a time. I mean, what'er they going to do? Use a second mag or ignore that they're only allowed to shoot 10 rounds at a time???

ZRX61
11-17-2009, 9:56 PM

No kidding, I've seen em at the local "place in the desert".. 5 of em get out a lowered Civic, they have one gun & one box of 25 rounds between em. They shoot off all the rounds & can't hit anything smaller that a wooden pallet at 25ft, then leave.

The phrase "couldn't hit a cow in the butt with a snow shovel" seems to apply....

As an aquaintance of mine said earlier today: "You could stand 50ft away with them shooting bullets all around you & then take them out with a bow & arrow"

oldrifle
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/12/128736147146181999.jpg

No no no. Why would they need those big ol' spam cans? I mean, they're only allowed to shoot 10 rounds at a time. I mean, what'er they going to do? Use a second mag or ignore that they're only allowed to shoot 10 rounds at a time???

bigcalidave
11-18-2009, 12:12 AM
"You could stand 50ft away with them shooting bullets all around you & then take them out with a bow & arrow"

awesome