PDA

View Full Version : Chicago politics bigshot kills himself - with handgun....

grunz
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I apologize if I'm not 100% up with the Chicago handgun ban rules and the pending SC case - but I find it very interesting that a long time pal of Mayor Daly and a head of chicago public schools owned a handgun...

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1886301,michael-scott-body-river-education-111509.article

Thoughts?

DarkHorse
11-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm not surprised at all when I hear about anti-gun-rights politicos that own guns.

It's not that they think nobody should own guns; they just don't think you should own guns.

BroncoBob
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh more will come out in the weeks to follow.

blacksheep
11-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Now if we could get the rest of then to off themselves.

Glock22Fan
11-16-2009, 1:05 PM
People tend to forget, or not realize, that the likes of this politician, Diane Feinstein, Michael Moore and many other gun-banners can justify their position by saying:

"Nobody should have a gun. But until that happens, I am particularly at risk from these hot-headed rednecks and therefore, although I don't like firearms, it is only reasonable that I have a gun so I can defend myself. As soon as there is a total gun ban I shall be the very first to hand in my gun."

I think that they have no problems whatsoever holding this position, however hypocritical it seems to us.

ilbob
11-16-2009, 1:49 PM
When I saw this earlier today, my first thought was that he had been turned by the feds. This guy is a long time crony of king Daley.

dfletcher
11-16-2009, 3:12 PM
I can't open the link but I can predict what Hizzoner Jr will say.

"This was a good guy, what happened is a shame and a tragedy and were it not for the gun this fellow might still be with us. Etc, etc, etc ......"

Flopper
11-16-2009, 3:50 PM
People tend to forget, or not realize, that the likes of this politician, Diane Feinstein, Michael Moore and many other gun-banners can justify their position by saying:

"Nobody should have a gun. But until that happens, I am particularly at risk from these hot-headed rednecks and therefore, although I don't like firearms, it is only reasonable that I have a gun so I can defend myself. As soon as there is a total gun ban I shall be the very first to hand in my gun."

I think that they have no problems whatsoever holding this position, however hypocritical it seems to us.

Exactly.

The reality is that the elites are the same now as they have ever been. They only want weapons banned for the non-elites.

AndrewMendez
11-16-2009, 3:54 PM
It's not that they think nobody should own guns; they just don't think you should own guns.

Someone here linked a report a few months back showing all the Assembly Members, Congress and the like that were anti's but had a CCW, but I believe it was deleted!

Anyone??
PM ME!

GuyW
11-16-2009, 4:53 PM
Now if we could get the rest of then to off themselves.

yes...

elSquid
11-16-2009, 5:05 PM
Thoughts?

No surprise.

Last year a long time Chicago politician forgot to register his firearms ( which must be done annually, or you lose the guns in question. )

So the political machine passed a law allowing a temporary amnesty just so said person could legally be on the books again.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2008/06/mell-pushes-gun.html

Chicago: so corrupt, they don't even hide it any more.

-- Michael

DisgruntledReaper
11-16-2009, 5:34 PM
Hey you know the saying-

'An armed man is a citizen,an unarmed man is a subject'

That is one reason the place has not gone total 1984/totalitarian/etc...

I bet when he offed himself(seems the only way to remove them from office) He was thinking.'this will show them'..yes more need to think this way..good riddance..wait for the corruption oil slick to to ooze out..

kermit315
11-16-2009, 6:30 PM
When I saw this earlier today, my first thought was that he had been turned by the feds. This guy is a long time crony of king Daley.

I was going to ask if he had been linked to the blago investigation.

1stceb
11-16-2009, 6:50 PM
i wonder if he had help committing suicide?:TFH:

spencerhut
11-16-2009, 9:10 PM
i wonder if he had help committing suicide?:TFH:

Notice the fatel wound was in the left side of the head? Who wants to bet he was not a lefty?:cool2:

FeuerFrei
11-17-2009, 8:23 AM
Politician kills self...:nopity:

The cowards way out.

kermit315
11-17-2009, 1:14 PM
Notice the fatel wound was in the left side of the head? Who wants to bet he was not a lefty?:cool2:

It would be interesting to find out, thats for sure.

ilbob
11-17-2009, 1:54 PM
I was going to ask if he had been linked to the blago investigation.

Nope. But it turns out he bought up all the property that would have been turned into the Olympic Village if Chicago had gotten the 2012 games. It would not surprise me to find out that whoever actually funded the pruchase was not happy that their investment turned out to be worthless.

ilbob
11-17-2009, 1:55 PM

News reports say he was right handed.

Oddly the mayors pet police super has publicly expressed doubts about it being a suicide.

nicki
11-18-2009, 1:00 PM
A few years ago a PA. politician blew his brains out at a news conference. Couldn't find a video, but found a song about it.

Hey man, nice shot. Live video by filter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmQaQd03Ig&feature=PlayList&p=053676CD48825B7F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=35

Daley won't shoot himself, but from what I have seen of him, he is a prime candidate for a stroke, heart attack or both.

Nicki

Super Spy
11-18-2009, 1:28 PM
I'm all for gun grabbing politicians offing themselves....the only problem is the Brady Bunch will then count them in their statistics as "killed by CCW" even though it was a suicide. Maybe we could just have Dr. Death take care of them....