View Full Version : Christmas around the corner

11-15-2009, 9:30 PM
Is it possible (legal) for an "out of state" relative to give an "unapproved" handgun as a Christmas present to someone here in the PRK?

11-15-2009, 9:39 PM
If the relative is 'lineal' - grandparent, parent, child or grandchild - then a non-Rostered handgun can be transferred from that party to their CA resident relatiive. The CA intrafamily exemption allows the gun to be non-Rostered, and if the supplying relative were in CA, no FFL would be needed.

Given we're dealing with crossing state lines, a CA FFL needs to be involved to complete the transfer to keep the Feds happy regardless of the CA exemption.

I suppose an empty box has to be placed under the Xmas tree, with a card in it saying "go fill out the forms at XYZ Bros FFL".

11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks Bill

I'll make sure all my children and grandchildren see your answer... :D