PDA

View Full Version : Anyone attend Gun Rights Conference?

09-27-2005, 7:08 PM
I really wanted to go to the gun rights conference, but couldn't because of work schedule. Did anyone here attend? What interesting things were discussed? Obviously, I won't be hearing anything on the local news about it; so please tell me.

stealthmode
09-27-2005, 10:04 PM
i was able to attend from saturday at 5 until after the dinner that night. i missed out on all the good stuff from earlier on in the day. what i did catch was a lady named cynthia hill talking about the brady bill and how you can get your guns confiscated because of the way its written and how the atf will come to your house and take your guns and arrest you just because you are in possession of a firearm just because you show up on radar. you can find out the same speech at the
http://www.jpfo.org web site under "TALKIN TO AMERICA".

there are a couple of interviews worth listening to.

09-28-2005, 6:18 AM
Thanks s,

Interesting interview. The part about the Vietnam era veterans affair's records being uploaded to NICS database is kinda scary. I wonder if PTSD will be considered a deniable mental condition.

jester
09-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I was there on Sat. from 8am to 3ish.
One of the big deals that was discussed was CCW and national reciprocity. Lots of good speakers too.
Will post again as I think on it...

americasgunshows.com
09-28-2005, 4:24 PM
We actually did a live internet broadcast from the LAX Marriott for the GRPC. We will be putting conference video up on our broadcast website in about a week and a half to two weeks.

http://www.freedombroadcastnetwork.com

stealthmode
09-29-2005, 4:33 AM
AmericasGunShows.com

cant wait to see the stuff on your site

atham@earthlink.net
09-29-2005, 9:41 AM
I attended on Saturday from the morning up until 6:00 pm. It was good to see so many groups working to try and preserve and restore some of our rights even here in Kalifornia.

Wayne LaPierre make a nice speech about what had been happening in New Orleans. It seems the NRA plans to use New Orleans as a rallying cry against would be gun control people and those who support gun control laws. Some good points were made. Overall the conference did give me some hope that we're not completely lost even here in the land of fruits and nuts.

jester
09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
So, you guys were there and didn't say hi?
I was there, sitting in the last row wearing my "ATF"(who's bringing the chips?) shirt with a CALGUNS logo(same as the one top left of the page)sticker on my rt. chest.
Spent a lot of time milling around the book table and had Paxton Quigly sign her book too.
I wish I'd taken my digicam....

stealthmode
09-29-2005, 1:13 PM
I sat against the left wall if youre facing the stage, near the back row next to Wayne Lapierre, were you by him or on the other side.

jester
09-29-2005, 1:20 PM
Rear wall, center column,rt side
Sorry we didn't get to meet up

atham@earthlink.net
09-29-2005, 4:30 PM
Sorry, I was way up at the front somewhere near like the 12th row or so.