PDA

View Full Version : Glock 39


_dk6@excite.com
07-19-2005, 6:41 PM
Looks like the Glock 39 has made the DOJ approved list for sale in our wonderful state.
(So nice of them to allow me to purchase a product that has been for sale to our brothers in free states for many months)

Anyone else thinking about buying one?

kalibear
07-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by dk6:
Looks like the Glock 39 has made the DOJ approved list for sale in our wonderful state.
(So nice of them to allow me to purchase a product that has been for sale to our brothers in free states for many months)

Anyone else thinking about buying one?

Nope http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bwiese
07-20-2005, 12:56 PM
I just don't understand the appeal of 45GAP.

Seems only to be the "caliber for midgets" - or those who can't manage to get a grip around a Glock or 1911 (and I can't imagine who that is).

It's a tad shorter than 45ACP but is essentially an exact duplicate of it balistically.

Bill W
San Jose

bu-bye
07-20-2005, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by bwiese:
I just don't understand the appeal of 45GAP.

Seems only to be the "caliber for midgets" - or those who can't manage to get a grip around a Glock or 1911 (and I can't imagine who that is).

It's a tad shorter than 45ACP but is essentially an exact duplicate of it balistically.

Bill W
San Jose

I agree 100%. Not enough of a change to buy hard to find ammo at a higher price just to save fractions of an inch in size.

bwiese
07-20-2005, 3:11 PM
Yeah, 45ACP in bulk packs is pretty common and reasonably priced - compared to 45GAP, which is far far less common and hard to find in bulk at anything even near 45ACP prices.

I'm not sure that there's marketplace room for 45GAP. Glock'll probably keep it supported but it could become something akin to the 10mm.

Heck, 357Sig has been out there for maybe 10 years and it's just starting to achieve full traction.

When I can go to the avg gun shop in any town or a Big5 or Walmart and buy a few boxes of it, the caliber/chambering is here to stay. I don't think that'll happen to 45GAP.


Bill Wiese
San Jose

_dk6@excite.com
07-20-2005, 6:39 PM
It's about the size of the pistol. If you carry concealed the difference between a Glock 27 and Glock 30 is very noticable.
Only time will tell if the GAP round will last, but several manufactures have and are introducing new pistols in the caliber, I think it will be around for a while.

Caliber for midgets?

CraigC
07-20-2005, 6:51 PM
People keep saying that the GAP matches the ballistics of the .45Auto. Unfortunately, they achieve this by going with a lighter bullet at +P pressures, which only gets to about .45Auto ball. You can still go to .45Auto +P, or even just to the JHP loads and leave the GAP in the dust.

Mike Searson
07-20-2005, 9:07 PM
It's only so Gaston could get his name on a cartridge.

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

_dk6@excite.com
07-21-2005, 6:28 PM
"People keep saying that the GAP matches the ballistics of the .45Auto. Unfortunately, they achieve this by going with a lighter bullet at +P pressures, which only gets to about .45Auto ball. You can still go to .45Auto +P, or even just to the JHP loads and leave the GAP in the dust."

Craig, the articles I've read compairing balistics show the GAP equal to or a bit better than the ACP with equal weight bullets.

07-23-2005, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Mike Searson:
It's only so Gaston could get his name on a cartridge.

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bingo!

But I did buy one, I'll have it in six weeks. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif