PDA

View Full Version : C&R and the CMP

redline
11-14-2009, 6:45 AM
If one was to apply for a C&R license, obtain it, then join the CMP and purchase one of its carbines/rifles, would the C&R licensee have to enter this transaction into his/her bound book?

Asking because it appears that the CMP doesn't require a C&R license to deliver one of its rifles. If you get a C&R, it looks like you have an extra burden for CMP purchases?

zinfull
11-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes. The rifles they sell are over 50 years old so no one really cares. But in having an 03 license you are required to log in all weapons acquired that are C&R while you have a current license. This is even if you use the license or not.

jerry

ke6guj
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Yes, you should log it, even if you don't "use" your 03 to acquire the firearm. ATF says you "are" licensed and that all C&R activity that occurs while licensed must be logged.

RANGER295
01-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry to bring an old thread back, I used the search and this one is the closest to my question I could fine. I have a few rifles arriving from CMP tomorrow and am wondering what I put in the book? They donít an FFL #. Do I just put their name (CMP) and address in there like I would if I was buying from an individual? Thanks.

ke6guj
01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Do I just put their name (CMP) and address in there like I would if I was buying from an individual? Thanks.thats what I would do. Fill it out to the best of your ability.

RANGER295
01-28-2010, 12:54 PM
thats what I would do. Fill it out to the best of your ability.

Thanks for the prompt reply. That is pretty much what I figured would be the thing to do.