PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Tec mags

C.G.
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I got my SU-16A week ago; finally got my ammo today and want to shoot it tomorrow. I thought I would load the Kel-tec magazines and the 3 others I ordered with ammo. Within seconds the rounds start popping out of the Kel-Tec mags. Did anyone else had that trouble and did Kel-Tec replace them? Good think I ordered the other mags.

C.G.
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I got my SU-16A week ago; finally got my ammo today and want to shoot it tomorrow. I thought I would load the Kel-tec magazines and the 3 others I ordered with ammo. Within seconds the rounds start popping out of the Kel-Tec mags. Did anyone else had that trouble and did Kel-Tec replace them? Good think I ordered the other mags.

maxicon
02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
I've heard of others having this happen with their mags, especially when it's hot out. I haven't seen it myself, but I've only used the Keltec mags a few times.

Give them a call and see what they say.

max

RacerRTR
03-01-2005, 4:33 PM
I had the same problem with my SU. Contact Kel-Tec and they will send you two replacements free of charge and paperwork to return your old mags. If that doesn't fix it then I would buy some bushmaster or promag 10 rounders.

bwiese
03-01-2005, 5:25 PM
Just to note, Of the 10 round AR mags that I've tried in an AR15, the late Bushmaster ones were by far the best (no binding of bolt travel etc.)

Bill Wiese
San Jose

C.G.
03-02-2005, 5:25 PM
Yes, I got some Busmasters and they work great. I will contact Kel-Tec for replacements; thanks, guys.

C.G.
03-15-2005, 6:31 PM
Update: A week after I sent in my mags to Kel-Tec I received two new ones with "fire tested" tag on them and they work fine.