PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Me for iPhone

Diabolus
11-13-2009, 4:50 PM
Anyone use it?

I'm looking for an easy way to make calendar and contact updates.

fourXfour
11-13-2009, 5:24 PM
I've had it for about a year and it is really nice. The automatic syncing makes life pretty easy. If my home computer crashes or I lose my iPhone all of the data is backed up in the "cloud." The 10 gigs of online storage comes in handy as well.

I also have a mac at home and the integration is pretty seamless. I can publish calendars online and share them with my family. I can drag photos in iPhoto to a Mobileme folder and back up the photo album online. I can share that album with certain people or make it public. Really neat stuff.

The best part is the iPhone tracking and remote memory wipe. It makes it a lot easier to defend having sensitive material on the phone. If it's lost, it can always be remotely wiped.

ocabj
11-13-2009, 5:55 PM
You can just google mail and calendar. It's push now. And it's free.

The only reason why I'm still using mobileme is because I have it paid through the next 2 years (free mobileme codes with computers).

My friend doesn't have mobileme and I had him test the google mail and google calendar after they made it push and it works great. Even pushes contacts stored in google mail.

http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html