PDA

View Full Version : Thureon Defense 9mm AR-Compatible carbine coming soon!

Riflegear
11-13-2009, 2:20 PM
Calguns, we've got a few of these bad boys coming in about a week:

http://www.thureondefense.com

http://thureondefense.com/images/stories/tdcarbinesplash.jpg

We are very excited to carry these guns. They will be $699 with your choice of a collapsible stock or ACE fixed skeleton stock.

These accept standard AR Fire-control components, and are even compatible with Timney drop-in triggers. The manufacturer tells us that they are probably compatible with most 2-stage NM triggers like the RRA one that we sell. They use standard AR pistol grips and should be compatible with Magpul MOE's, Ergo's, etc. These will use standard C Products 9mm AR mags and come with 1 10rd mag.

These are California-compliant with an OAL greater than 30", and a factory bullet button.

Best of all, they are less expensive than a complete AR in 9mm, as well as lighter at only 6lb's!!!

alain209
11-13-2009, 2:24 PM
sweet!!!!!! gotta have this!

thmpr
11-13-2009, 2:31 PM
Will this work with the B16 bullet button?

Riflegear
11-13-2009, 3:06 PM
Will this work with the B16 bullet button?

It looks like it MIGHT work with a B16, but we won't know until the guns get here.

I'll make sure and check it for you, if you like. I'm also planning on checking the Raddlock to see if those work.

thmpr
11-24-2009, 8:27 PM
Rather have the B16 on all my ARs since it maintains the original mag release hardware intact.

Riflegear
12-09-2009, 3:23 PM
Rather have the B16 on all my ARs since it maintains the original mag release hardware intact.

B16's WILL NOT work with this rifle, FYI.

I know you like to keep the mag release hardware intact, but keep in mind it's only two parts that can be swapped out in less than a minute.

Jimmy Deuce
01-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Just took a look at this post did you guys ever get these in??

shark92651
01-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Yes, I think we still have one available.

The Sauce
01-04-2010, 1:47 PM
I want to stop by the shop and check it out, but don't have time. Can you guys post a picture of the one you have? That stock photo doesn't sell me on it, maybe a real one will :D

bubbapug1
02-04-2010, 7:53 PM
And they probably don't jam as much as an RRA style 9mm AR either...

MELGIBSHUNTER
02-18-2010, 1:43 PM
this guys at rifle gear doesn't take care of their customer after you have purchased your item. if you have problem with their rifle you have to deal with it calling the manufacture.

kf6tac
02-19-2010, 2:40 PM
this guys at rifle gear doesn't take care of their customer after you have purchased your item. if you have problem with their rifle you have to deal with it calling the manufacture.

Ummm... okay? Unless the shop custom-built a firearm for you, dealing with the manufacturer is usually a better way to get technical problems resolved anyway. Riflegear is a gun shop, and though their employees are knowledgeable, they're not a gunsmithing service.

shark92651
02-19-2010, 4:04 PM
Posted 02-18-2010 02:43 PM

rifle gear bad service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-18-2010 02:46 PM

great carbine AAAAAAAA++++++++
got this carbine and the CEO Andy call me and took care everything that i need. i don't recommend using c-product magazine causing to jam. UZI mag works perfect.

Mel, you posted the first post above at 2:43PM complaining about bad service from RifleGear because we suggested you contact the manufacturer to help diagnose the issue with your rifle. Apparently you took our advice, because you also posted the 2nd message above a mere 3 minutes later about how happy you were the manufacturer is taking care of the issue with your rifle. You subsequently deleted the post about how the mfg had resolved your issue, yet left the post complaining of bad service from RifleGear :confused:

xbimmers
02-19-2010, 7:19 PM
Riflegear did what is reasonably expected of a firearm dealer. I am sure Riflegear is not a warranty or insurance provider for your firearm...that burden would fall on the manufacture if they've (the manufacture offered such to the purchaser (actual retail buyer).

I just ordered a Rifle (AK-47 variant) from Riflegear and have had extensive experience dealing with them and have never had a negative problem with them. They are one of the few shops that try hard to earn your business and take care of you.

This posting has no merit in my opinion.

MELGIBSHUNTER
03-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Riflegear did what is reasonably expected of a firearm dealer. I am sure Riflegear is not a warranty or insurance provider for your firearm...that burden would fall on the manufacture if they've (the manufacture offered such to the purchaser (actual retail buyer).

I just ordered a Rifle (AK-47 variant) from Riflegear and have had extensive experience dealing with them and have never had a negative problem with them. They are one of the few shops that try hard to earn your business and take care of you.

This posting has no merit in my opinion.
You must be lucky not to have any issue with your new gun. Maybe someday if you have and you will know how frustrated i felt about it. Especially, if you drove an hour to purchased your gun and the company (Rifle Gear) couldn't even return your call.

shark92651
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
You must be lucky not to have any issue with your new gun. Maybe someday if you have and you will know how frustrated i felt about it. Especially, if you drove an hour to purchased your gun and the company (Rifle Gear) couldn't even return your call.

Not only did we talk to you about the issues with your gun on more than one occasion, but we also exchanged the magazine that came with the gun for you to try that as a fix. We cannot control how quickly the manufacturer gets back to us when we call them on your behalf and have to leave a voicemail.

Since you took our advice and talked to the mfg you then posted this message about how happy you were (I'm still :confused: about why you then deleted this message in an attempt to hide it form anyone that reads this thread):

Originally Posted by MELGIBSHUNTER
great carbine AAAAAAAA++++++++
got this carbine and the CEO Andy call me and took care everything that i need. i don't recommend using c-product magazine causing to jam. UZI mag works perfect.

I guess it's not possible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we try. Please let us know what, in your opinion, we could have done different in this case to try to resolve your issue.

MELGIBSHUNTER
03-08-2010, 9:43 PM
Not only did we talk to you about the issues with your gun on more than one occasion, but we also exchanged the magazine that came with the gun for you to try that as a fix. We cannot control how quickly the manufacturer gets back to us when we call them on your behalf and have to leave a voicemail.

Since you took our advice and talked to the mfg you then posted this message about how happy you were (I'm still :confused: about why you then deleted this message in an attempt to hide it form anyone that reads this thread):

I guess it's not possible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time, but we try. Please let us know what, in your opinion, we could have done different in this case to try to resolve your issue.

I suggested to take care your customer and don't let them handle the issue with manufacturer. Especially, don't ignore and forget to return phone calls.
I felt like "okey, you purchase the product that's your problem now.." I was told with a lot of people that I should just get a refund.

Packy14
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I suggested to take care your customer and don't let them handle the issue with manufacturer. Especially, don't ignore and forget to return phone calls.
I felt like "okey, you purchase the product that's your problem now.." I was told with a lot of people that I should just get a refund.

honestly homie, your sounding like a douchebag. Riflegear is a good company, but when stuff isn't made right, the manufacturer takes care of it. I see by your stellar 67% rating that you are a true asset to the community as well. Keep up the good work.

AmpedUp
03-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Have them make one that uses Glock 17 mags and I am in!

jink122
06-22-2010, 8:08 PM
its is an old theard... but do u happen to have any in?

shark92651
06-23-2010, 6:54 PM
We are not going to carry them anymore unless they get the mag issues resolved.