PDA

View Full Version : CCW permit in Yolo County (Davis, Woodland)

CowtownBallin
05-12-2005, 1:55 PM
Has anyone here applied for a concealed carry permit in Yolo county? Packing.org states it's almost a shall-issue county, and I've checked the sheriff's website, but none of that tells me what they're really looking for in an application. I'm concerned my age will come into play when I apply next spring (turn 21 in April).

Officer: You're a 21 year old engineering student at UC Davis
Me: Yes, sir
Officer: And you'd like a concealed carry permit
Officer: *fighting off laughter*

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

CowtownBallin
05-12-2005, 1:55 PM
Has anyone here applied for a concealed carry permit in Yolo county? Packing.org states it's almost a shall-issue county, and I've checked the sheriff's website, but none of that tells me what they're really looking for in an application. I'm concerned my age will come into play when I apply next spring (turn 21 in April).

Officer: You're a 21 year old engineering student at UC Davis
Officer: And you'd like a concealed carry permit
Officer: *fighting off laughter*

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

PatrickM.
05-12-2005, 2:19 PM
i went to UC Davis and the sheriff out in yolo county will laugh at you... since there is a law against carrying a weapon of any kind on or within 300 yards of an educational instiutions, it will be nearly impossible to get it....

if you really want the CCW, i would be come friends with the UC Davis Police and the Yolo county sheriff and maybe tey will throw you a bone.a lot of the sheriff deputies and davis city PD shoot at the yolo county range (near the muni golf course). that range is the best place to get to know those important people. it is very relaxed and everybody knows everybody.

also maybe if you moved to a house out in the fields of yolo county (between davis and woodland) you might be able to use the idea that you need self-defense since the police and the sheriff are too far away.....

good luck!!!!!

Patrick M.

50 Freak
05-12-2005, 2:51 PM
When I lived in Davis and called the Davis PD, I told them that I wanted a CCW as we were getting weird calls that were just hang-ups/heavy breathing, etc. (I lived with 3 girls, and think it was a stalker type boyfriend). Anyways the PD, told me I had to document all the calls and basically wait till someone attacked me/my roomies before they would consider it dire enough to issue a CCW.

So good luck! but don't hold your breath.