PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Range that allow metallic ammo near Los Angeles

REVIT9K
11-12-2009, 9:08 PM
Anybody know of any? Despite what people might think or say about steel cased/metallic ammo, I just can't justify paying the price I currently do for 9mm and .223. I have had very good experience with Wolf ammo in the past and found the accurancy/load to be comparable to bigger name brand company.

Does anybody know of any near LA? Thanks for your input.

El Gato
11-12-2009, 9:54 PM
well... it depends upon what you think is close...

except during fire season when they don't allow bullets that attract a magnet...any ammo except tracer is fine...
I think membership is 20.00 a year and it is like 9.00 a day to shoot...

http://www.5dogsrange.com/

Scratch705
11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
burro allows magnetic when it is wet. (IE day after rain or during rain)

killshot44
11-21-2009, 6:53 PM
Anybody know of any? Despite what people might think or say about steel cased/metallic ammo, I just can't justify paying the price I currently do for 9mm and .223. I have had very good experience with Wolf ammo in the past and found the accurancy/load to be comparable to bigger name brand company.
Does anybody know of any near LA? Thanks for your input.

Do these people who are giving you a hassle know that it is only the CASE that is steel? The bullet is what they are concerned about and it has a soft lead core under a thin steel jacket.:eek:

Steel-core bullets have not been imported to the US since 1994 (outlawed by ATF, if I remember only Norinco was importing it then) so unless you get 'em from a private-party who has been hiding them for the last 15 years you aren't shooting Steel bullets. No retailer can sell them legally unless you are LEO or similar.

Sad to say, you'll find a lot of FUD at the ranges.

bballwizard05
11-21-2009, 6:57 PM
Do these people who are giving you a hassle know that it is only the CASE that is steel? The bullet is what they are concerned about and it has a soft lead core under a thin steel jacket.:eek:

Steel-core bullets have not been imported to the US since 1994 (outlawed by ATF, if I remember only Norinco was importing it then) so unless you get 'em from a private-party who has been hiding them for the last 15 years you aren't shooting Steel bullets. No retailer can sell them legally unless you are LEO or similar.

Sad to say, you'll find a lot of FUD at the ranges.

really? what does steel core mean then? cuz i shoot alot of wolf and it all says steel core... so now you got me confused, i'll tell you one thing, it attracts a magnet like a son of a b. cant just be bi-metal jacket

EDIT: i posed that question poorly,. i know what steel core means, but why do brown bear and wolf say it if they dont really have steel cores.

p.s. lytle creek says no steel core... but they sell it in their shop... soo yea. i have shot wolf there before hassle free,