View Full Version : Out of state rifle purchase

11-12-2009, 8:08 PM
Hello, I am looking to buy a rifle out of state and have it shipped to an FFL here in CA. Is there anything else that would be needed besides the accepting dealer's copy of FFL?

11-12-2009, 8:31 PM
Yes, the out of state dealer is required to obtain a CA CFLC authorization number and send it along with a copy of their FFL to the receiving dealer. If you are buying from a private party, this does not apply.