View Full Version : Do I need an to go through FFL to buy handgun magazines out of state?

11-11-2009, 7:26 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I am still learning all the laws. I am looking to purchase 4, 10 round pistol magazines from a Calguns member who is out of state. Are there any restrictions or can we do the sale without using an FFL. Thanks

11-11-2009, 7:28 PM
No FFL needed.

11-11-2009, 7:46 PM
Thanks professorhard. Do you know of a site or page on Calguns that lists what you need to purchase using an FFL and what you don't? The internet seems to be difficult to navigate in order to answer this. Thanks

11-11-2009, 9:50 PM
Serialized firearms are all you need to buy from an FFL. That is it.

Now in February 2011, you will need to get those magazines from a licensed ammunition vendor and provide your fingerprints and ID. But we have a lot of time to fight that one.