PDA

View Full Version : March 5-6, Cow palace Gun Show

Technical Ted
02-25-2005, 9:12 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

NorCalGuy
02-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Only having attended two gun shows (not in the Bay Area), I'm curious whether good deals are generally to be had? The ones I attended had many dealers with guns priced at or above what they would sell for in a retail establishment. What sort of things should one expect to find a good deal on?

Stevil
03-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Just to avoid confusion...

There is ALSO a Gun Show at Cal Expo in Sacramento this weekend, March 5th & 6th.

Stevil
03-01-2005, 6:37 PM
The last one I went to -- January? -- was very good (well, as a good as a PRK show can get). It was better than the last cow palace show I went to before Christmas. BUT with the competing dates who knows what'll happen -- I could end up in the Doll show! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Steyr_223
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
What time do the gates open? I want first crack at the jerky and Miwall ammo!

http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Steyr

chickenfried
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Okay I'll see you guys at the 9 AM start time, for the race to the miwall reloading booth. Nobody's going to beat me to the powder this time.

slipjoint
03-07-2005, 12:22 PM
So? How was the show guys? I was too busy turnin' wrenches and couldn't go this time.

dwtt
03-07-2005, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by Technical Ted:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipjoint:
So? How was the show guys? I was too busy turnin' wrenches and couldn't go this time.
Light. The Cal Expo show in Sacramento divided the forces of the "Gun Show Carnies".

Miwall didn't have brass or bullets because there were so many shows in their territory that truck space was limited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was disappointed there weren't any bullets for sale. The Cow Palace gun show is going down hill fast. Looking at Miwall's show schedule, most future gun shows are going to have multiple shows on the same weekend.

Steyr_223
03-08-2005, 8:24 AM
A cowoker and I went on Saturday. Got some XM193, South African 308 battle packs, HotShot 6.5 Swede and 9mm/45ACP Hydrashock ammo. Prices were decent..I did resist the two beff jerky venders..

Did you see the protesters across the street?

I stopped by the statue factory near the Cow Palace to get statue of St. Francis for the wife..They have a great selection and price.

Steyr

Stevil
03-09-2005, 3:02 AM
Protesters? http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

The Cal Expo show was okay, very busy. I suspect the Cow Palace show had a dividing effect as it was smaller than normal. Picked up a few things, ammo, flashlight, cleaning supplies but didn't find the right M1 carbine that I'm after (Sonoma had a lovely $900 unused Underwood)... the hunt continues, tally-ho!

Bacon
03-09-2005, 9:04 AM
Picked up some Miwall .44 Special for a good price at the Cow Palace. Didn't see any protesters but overheard a Daly City Policeman tell a TV news reporter (Sasaki?) that they don't get gangster types at the show. It was good to hear the Cop sticking up for us gun owners.

Steyr_223
03-09-2005, 4:54 PM
We got there prior to 9AM on Saturday. Saw the prostestors, when we left around 11:30. About 5 people across the street from the main gate. They had home made banners that said something about saying no to gun violence..Could not hear what they were shouting. I noticed they got zero coverage in the print or TV media. Which is good.

Steyr

dwtt
03-09-2005, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Steyr_223:
We got there prior to 9AM on Saturday. Saw the prostestors, when we left around 11:30. About 5 people across the street from the main gate. They had home made banners that said something about saying no to gun violence..Could not hear what they were shouting. I noticed they got zero coverage in the print or TV media. Which is good.

Steyr

They got coverage on channel 2, ktvu, on saturday night. Channel 2 also slanted the truth by showing people leaving the show with C&R rifles and saying the rifles can be bought with no waiting period or background check, which isn't true. Channel 2 never mentioned that C&R license holders have already been vetted by BATF and gave the message that anyone can come to the show and buy a C&R, pay for it, and take it home.