PDA

View Full Version : BWK-92 .223 30rd Mags WTB

choprzrul
11-11-2009, 1:59 PM
Does anyone know where I can get 30 round mags for my BWK-92? It is currently waiting patiently for me out of state. I am assuming it is legal for a CA resident to make a 30rd magazine purchase and have it drop shipped to an out of PRK address???

Does anyone know how many of the BWK-92s made it into the country? I had my FFL at the time and can remember my price from the wholesaler was $159.00 + shipping. I should have been buying them by the pallet!

GarretB
11-11-2009, 4:39 PM
First of all, wrong forum. This should either be on the WTB/Services Offered forum or the centerfire rifles forum.

The BWK-92 just takes regular AK mags, correct? You can order those on any number of websites (midway, CTD) and have them shipped to a normal state, it doesn't matter where the money comes from.

Starlifter
11-11-2009, 4:50 PM
Chinese (Norinco) 223 mags are hard to find and expensive. I believe some East European mags can be made to work. Check on some of the AK forums.

choprzrul
11-11-2009, 5:52 PM
First of all, wrong forum. This should either be on the WTB/Services Offered forum or the centerfire rifles forum.

The BWK-92 just takes regular AK mags, correct? You can order those on any number of websites (midway, CTD) and have them shipped to a normal state, it doesn't matter where the money comes from.

Apologies for posting on wrong forum, I'm new here and learning. Perhaps the moderator can move it for me so as not to offend.

The BWK-92 is a .223 AK imported from China in the early 90s. I haven't tried using a 7.62 x 39 mag in it, but I would think that the .223 rounds wouldn't stay in the mag correctly. Advice sought.

69Mach1
11-11-2009, 6:28 PM
Apologies for posting on wrong forum, I'm new here and learning. Perhaps the moderator can move it for me so as not to offend.

The BWK-92 is a .223 AK imported from China in the early 90s. I haven't tried using a 7.62 x 39 mag in it, but I would think that the .223 rounds wouldn't stay in the mag correctly. Advice sought.

You can't use a regular 7.62x39 magazine in a .223 Chinese BWK-92. The mags went up to as much as $60 each during the buying spree of 09'. I think they have come down to a reasonable amount. I think their going for around $30 each on GB. If that's still too much, buy a promag .223 AK mag. I had to modify mine a bit, and of course block it to 10 rounds, but it worked perfectly. I also tried a Bulgarian .223 mag, but the rounds would feed straight into the bottom of the barrel beneath the chamber. You will have to modify the feel lips a little.

Mine is on the bottom.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC04555.jpg

69Mach1
11-11-2009, 6:35 PM
Discussion here.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=140975

The E. German bakelites with .223 followers and modified feedlips may work also.

FALAK
12-12-2009, 5:00 AM
Some BWK-92 have square-cut (regular rear end) receiver, while others have slant cut receiver. Impossible to tell without detaching the thumbhole stock. Anyone knows the rule with regard to which importer brought in squared, which one with the slant?