PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot near Redlands?

IDPA4U
11-10-2009, 8:41 PM
I'm spending the Thanksgiving Holiday with my in-laws in Redlands and have always enjoyed going to the Inland Fish and Game Range. Now that its closed, what is a good range in the area to shoot rifles?

Vtec44
11-10-2009, 8:42 PM
You can head over to Lytle Creek http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/ or just go to the desert.

bballwizard05
11-10-2009, 8:44 PM
Hey man I live in loma linda, yea your best choices are lytle creek (take 215 towards barstow, get off on 15, then take sierra exit). Lytle creek is great for an afternoon since its 25 min away. Or the desert above barstow (calico area) if you want a longer day trip. I really enjoy both. And lytle is well priced/ sells ammo as well. (only porta potties though)

IDPA4U
11-10-2009, 9:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Lytle Creek looks great. The Inland Fish and Game range was only about five mins from my in-law's place so I got a little spoiled. The wife loved it because I'm always up for visiting her parents;)

I'll see you at Lytle Creek

BSlacker
11-11-2009, 4:37 AM
I plan on going to Lytle on the 19th and 20th. Maybe we can meet up. :)

Mail Clerk
11-11-2009, 6:58 AM
Thanks guys!

Lytle Creek looks great. The Inland Fish and Game range was only about five mins from my in-law's place so I got a little spoiled. The wife loved it because I'm always up for visiting her parents;)

I'll see you at Lytle Creek

IDPA$U,

Since your only five minutes away maybe you can find out what's going on at IFG????? Last I heard they won't open again ever. Is that true?????

Thanks,

Mail Clerk

IDPA4U
11-16-2009, 12:36 AM
Can't make it out the 19th but I'm going to try to head out the 27th and 28th.

I hear there is a big meeting on Nov 24th with the judge involved with the Inland fish and game range closure where he will decide if the modifications to the range are sufficient to reopen it... if this is true, my fingers are crossed.

elcajon
11-16-2009, 12:44 AM
You can head over to Lytle Creek http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/ or just go to the desert.

Hi:

How do you find a desert spot to shoot? Is it legal?

I travel quite a bit to the lower desert in the Indio area. There are no shooting ranges except for the ONE private one here.

Thanks for any advice.

IDPA4U
12-11-2009, 8:13 AM
Haven't had a chance to get to Lytle Creek yet but of course the one weekend I think I can go its supposed to rain. Is this a good place to go in muddy conditions. Are their enough covered lanes etc.

iRIGHTi
12-11-2009, 8:58 AM
the road to lytle is paved all the way. just the 15 to sierra hwy, then head into the hills until the pavement ends (8 miles or so). LCR is on the right. alpha and bravo ranges are out to 300 yds. bravo has 15 covered slots. charlie range is out to 100 yds and has 40 or so covered slots.
great place to shoot and LCR is the host site of our www.socalbeltfedshooters.com group. there are alot of pics of us shooting at LCR there. talked them today. alot of fog right now 12/11 and no shooting in fog. if it doesn't clear by 11:00 am they will close for the day. yesterday was clear though. just a day by day thing this time of year.

lytle is ok with steel core, steel targets, beltfeds, 50 cals and other registered AW's, and of course RAPID FIRE. :D

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3723/wwshoot004.jpg (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/wwshoot004.jpg/)

Zion Lion
12-12-2009, 8:01 AM
lytle is ok with steel core, steel targets, beltfeds, 50 cals and other registered AW's, and of course RAPID FIRE. :D

Are they ok with steel core? It says on their site that steel core and tracers are not allowed.

iRIGHTi
12-12-2009, 9:35 AM
steel core confirmed ok by phone yesterday w/ range manager. :cool:

bambam8d1
12-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I was wondering the same thing... how do you exactly find a spot out in the desert to shoot... I have called BLM and SB sheriff to find a place near barstow to shoot... got the run around from both and couldnt really find anything online... also is it G2G to shoot your OLL out there? Ive heard some horrow stories about people gettin their builds confiscated... thanks