PDA

View Full Version : Nice Guys

onequickshift
11-10-2009, 4:57 PM
My husband paid you guys a visit, Bryan? I think his name was spent 2 hours helping clear things up that another SO CAL store mis-informed and misdirected. As well tried to mislead him. They helped him get all the bs that other crappy shop tried to feed him, sorted.

Now my husbands plans are to buy parts and complete a rifle from them and put it together. He also intends to buy a off shelf rifle from them. They really impressed him.

And I am happy he found a good place to give our business. We will be going to them for everything.

Ugh can't express how annoyed I am with how the other store tried to rip him off and sell him over priced items he didnt need. :mad:

Reasons they said to buy their in store signature AR base model for $2k :
-Stag, Daniel Defense, Noveske, etc rifles are just not as good as theirs.
-Whenever repairs or manufacture support is needed, all the other companies just cant stand behind their rifles like JJA.
-No other retail in So Cal can legally repair or put together AR's for customers legally. And he is better off buying their rifle. To stay legal and get a rifle that surpasses everyone elses offerings.
-They suggested against him trying to build his own rifle. Saying it would be illegal cause you need a permit like they have, which btw they stated most other retails lack having. To assemble rifles.
-Every other retail my husbands gone to from Rifle Gear and elsewhere all encourage he build his own, so he can learn how its done, so he may also trouble shoot later.
-RG even said if he needed any help to give them a call.

I really love how RifleGear handled everything. I will drop by them at the Gun Show end of month to do some shopping for my brother in Afghanistan. They've proved they are good guys, and honest. Even suggesting he can get a cheaper rifle and just add the same parts. He desired off a more expensive rifle, later on.

While the JJA guys told him he couldn't, that he had to buy their specific rifle to have the rail, etc. That nobody in So Cal offers their level of services or high quality rifles on par with their store brand.

Also thank you to alot of you fellow CGnet members for refering me to tell him to pay RG a visit. It proved to be worth while. JJA does business a kind of way despised by many, yet done by some like themselves.

Anyways if the guys from Rifle Gear read this, thank you!

Riflegear
11-11-2009, 3:43 PM
Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure speaking with your husband and we're looking forward to serving you in the future.

JandJArmory
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
First of all, I would like to know what BS was fed to your husband? I helped him out in the store for a couple of hours, as well as over the phone. My name was failed to be mentioned in any of these posts. Even though he couldn't stress enough how grateful he was for me helping him out. And answering all of his questions. He said he felt so priveledged that we spent so much time conversing with him. He also said that he was so impressed with us that he was gonna post it on CalGuns. We don't check this often, but if there is something negative said about us we like to know why. This is clearly not the posting he was talking about. Funny enough, I never tried to sell your husband a rifle. I didn't try to sell him anything. He said that he was doing research online and he couldn't find what he was looking for. So he came into our store to ask us questions. We informed him. He asked what defines our rifles, and why they're listed for more. I informed him of the reasons why, and that was that. I'm not a salesman. I don't make commission. If I didn't try to sell him anything how can I possibly be ripping him off? That makes no sense what so ever. No one in the store ever said that "No other retail in So Cal can legally repair or put together AR's for customers legally". We simply said that we are certified Colt armorers. That's what we said other retail stores lack. We didn't say they lack permits to assemble rifles. However you do need a manufacturing license. That's besides the point. It's none of our business. We never discouraged him from putting it together himself. Nor did we say anything negative about other shops in Southern California. Ironically enough, what your husband failed to mention to you is that we actually told him to check out Rifle Gear. If we don't have something to fulfill a customers wants or needs; that's where we send them. We have nothing bad to say about Rifle Gear. There are no negative vibes between us. The components we use on our rifles are extremely high quality. It's true, your husband may not need those components. But like I said before, we didn't try to sell him anything. Not everyone needs a High Performance Car. But people buy them anyways. You don't need everything that makes a High Performance Car cost more. However some people desire all of the bells and whistles. Different strokes for different folks. It all comes down to personal preference. I'm not upset that your husband decided to make his purchase somewhere else. However, I'm am upset to read negative feedback about our business. Especially when it's not true. If your husband is looking for the most accurate rifle out there then yes he was in the right place. Yes it is true. Your husband can buy a cheap rifle and purchase the better components as he goes along. However what defines our rifle is the barrel. Which he or anyone else will never be able to purchase. The only way to get one is by buying one of our complete rifles. We never said "that he had to buy [our] specific rifle to have the rail, etc". That makes no sense considering we have all of the rails that we use on our rifles in display cases in our store. Available for sale by themselves. There seems to be a lot of faulty information you're preaching about our store. Frankly, I don't like it. It just doesn't add up. What went wrong?

Sincerely,

Sterling

onequickshift
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
First of all, I would like to know what BS was fed to your husband? I helped him out in the store for a couple of hours, as well as over the phone. My name was failed to be mentioned in any of these posts. Even though he couldn't stress enough how grateful he was for me helping him out. And answering all of his questions. He said he felt so priveledged that we spent so much time conversing with him. He also said that he was so impressed with us that he was gonna post it on CalGuns. We don't check this often, but if there is something negative said about us we like to know why. This is clearly not the posting he was talking about. Funny enough, I never tried to sell your husband a rifle. I didn't try to sell him anything. He said that he was doing research online and he couldn't find what he was looking for. So he came into our store to ask us questions. We informed him. He asked what defines our rifles, and why they're listed for more. I informed him of the reasons why, and that was that. I'm not a salesman. I don't make commission. If I didn't try to sell him anything how can I possibly be ripping him off? That makes no sense what so ever. No one in the store ever said that "No other retail in So Cal can legally repair or put together AR's for customers legally". We simply said that we are certified Colt armorers. That's what we said other retail stores lack. We didn't say they lack permits to assemble rifles. However you do need a manufacturing license. That's besides the point. It's none of our business. We never discouraged him from putting it together himself. Nor did we say anything negative about other shops in Southern California. Ironically enough, what your husband failed to mention to you is that we actually told him to check out Rifle Gear. If we don't have something to fulfill a customers wants or needs; that's where we send them. We have nothing bad to say about Rifle Gear. There are no negative vibes between us. The components we use on our rifles are extremely high quality. It's true, your husband may not need those components. But like I said before, we didn't try to sell him anything. Not everyone needs a High Performance Car. But people buy them anyways. You don't need everything that makes a High Performance Car cost more. However some people desire all of the bells and whistles. Different strokes for different folks. It all comes down to personal preference. I'm not upset that your husband decided to make his purchase somewhere else. However, I'm am upset to read negative feedback about our business. Especially when it's not true. If your husband is looking for the most accurate rifle out there then yes he was in the right place. Yes it is true. Your husband can buy a cheap rifle and purchase the better components as he goes along. However what defines our rifle is the barrel. Which he or anyone else will never be able to purchase. The only way to get one is by buying one of our complete rifles. We never said "that he had to buy [our] specific rifle to have the rail, etc". That makes no sense considering we have all of the rails that we use on our rifles in display cases in our store. Available for sale by themselves. There seems to be a lot of faulty information you're preaching about our store. Frankly, I don't like it. It just doesn't add up. What went wrong?

Sincerely,

Sterling

Recant on another post, he felt he was being pitched, I talked to him since he is working out of country right now for someone. He was just swamped by alot fo negative feedback via his email address posting on various forums, people flaming him about how you guys did business, and after reading a few emails he began to realize he shouldn't buy without input further from other people.

His own old man, as well a few of his buddies suggested your store. So he got confused with alot of the negative input from various other people. However he had checked a few places before RG, and found them 100% perfect in all aspects, and btw; I was on phone in his pocket, I heard a good last ending portion before he left your store. You really should tone down RJ then. Because though he was "helpful" as you stated, he as well was pitching. I heard it on the phone how he talked down of other brands, and how he SHOULD buy one of your guys rifles, "hes getting what he pays for." was mostly what stands out. And yes, I did hear him thanking you specificly for all your help and info for straightening somethings out and informing him.

But who makes your barrels? You are saying they are the best? And I heard the portion of him asking if it would be alright in your opinions for his needs, to buy a cheaper rifle and add parts, RJ said you can, but you guys stand behind your rifles 100%. And later would chime in saying he just got off the phone with a customer, stating the customer bought a cheap rifle, and it had to be worked on before for $200 and in a few months something else will break again and labor and parts could be $400.

Ugh well in anycase, he said you (guy with the xd45?) were easy to talk to, and helpful in terms of the XD and rifle info. And I did tell him to keep his options open. I said try to find someone who's bought a complete rifle from them, ask them how it is performing, or find someone with one, and shoot a few rounds with it. He said he couldn't find anyone.

All in all, I am sure you guys are a good store. Post from another topic within your own area on here, is a bit cluttered with post of nay says on you guys. But the day I talked with him, his overall view was he really liked how you treated him. Jim was it?

Combined with alot of the crap people had been saying and the flaming he recieved I believe some people just had bad experiances with you, shouldn't really effect him, because he said you guys were knowledgable.

Are your rifles that performance oriented? My husband has built and worked with some of the best cars in the world. And on a referal base by base clientel. So I told him, you build quality. Then give these guys a benefit of the doubt. Do you guys have reviews by third party where he can read up more on your rifles?

He said he'll make his choices after he gets back in from Dubai.

And he does like RG, easy atmosphere. Great guys, great customer service. He couldn't find anywhere people speaking badly about them, and kept getting referances to go to them. And fyi though, he relayed to me, 2 guys in there who were customers had nothing but bad things to say about JJA. Why is that?

Just curious, want to clear everything up and make a good purchase, and lasting relationship with a good shop, or shops. If this all gets cleared, and as a few people keep saying? You can't just stop at one rifle? Who knows. Maybe he'll buy from you guys as well. Hopefully more info can be attained so he can read up some more on your guys rifles.

What exactly does your support offer for your rifles?

To the RIFLE GEAR guys, I am sorry about this and the thread jump, will definately still go to you guys for the parts my husband was talking about.

shark92651
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I am not comfortable with this discussion taking place in our forum. If anything, it should take place in the J&J forum. Hopefully an open and honest discussion can take place there without the need to delete or hide the dialog from either party. I will lock this thread down now.