PDA

View Full Version : My personal collection is pathetic!!! ;-)

tacticalcity
11-10-2009, 3:02 PM
My personal armory is currently down to a Glock 19 9mm handgun and a CMMG M4 5.56mm rifle…pathetic!!! ;-)

Ok, I have a few more but I don't actually shoot them. I'll explain more below.

I unloaded a huge amount of my personal collection this past year…now that Christmas is approaching I am getting twitchy to replenish my stash. No clue what I am going to get next.

HERE IS WHAT I CURRENTLY HAVE AND REFUSE TO SELL
Yes I am bragging a little bit, but it does also offer people a chance to ruthlessly pick apart my accessory options and tell me "what I did wrong” and how they would have done it better. Not that I care, it’s just fun to see what other “gear whores” think.

2ND GENERATION GLOCK 19 9MM HANDGUN
This is the older model without finger grooves. I found her on Gunbroker for $450 shipped and from the looks of her, she had never been taken the range. The barrel was original and ZERO finish wear. Amazing find...
- Glock Plug
- Extended Slide Release
- Extended magazine Release
- Wilson Combat Glock Buffer
- Trijicon 3-dot Green Night Sights
- BladeTech Kydex Holsters for Gun and Mags
- Surefire 6P Handheld light to be used instead of slip-on light as there is no rail for one, which I do not mind.

CMMG M4 1/7 Twist 14.7+A2 Hider Perm. Attached (16 inches by law) 5.56mm Rifle
- LMT CRANE SOPMOD Stock
- KAC 4-Rail Handguard
- KAC Rail Covers (various sizes)
- Very Crisp CMMG Milspec Trigger (I have a national match trigger but I am saving it for an SPR or SR25 Clone)
- Surefire M951XM07 Tactical Light (throw lever mount is on order)
- Bullet Button Device + Freelock Upgrade Button
- KAC 300m flip-up sight
- Aimpoint Comp M3 4MOA
- S.P.O.T. Cantilever Mount (the correct KAC mount is on order)
- KAC Vertical Pistol Grip
The Non-Sopmod / Snivel Gear Add-Ons
- PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
- Daniel Defense Push Button End Plate Adapter for Single Point Slings
- Magpul B.A.D. Device (speeds up reloads)
- Magpul MOE Grip (switched from the MIAD because it is more comfortable and less harsh on the hands)
- Magpul Enhanced Aluminum Winter Trigger Guard
- Magpul Ladder Rail for the entire length of the top rail so I can add stuff without having to remove and thus re-zero my optics
- Magpul Ladder Rail on either side of the KAC Vertical Pistol Grip
- Magpul Pulls for my 10/30 CA legal magazines.

INHERITED FIREARMS I TRY NOT TO SHOOT BECAUSE I WANT TO KEEP THEM IN GOOD CONDITION FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS

1950s-1960s Remington Sportsman 58 Semi-Automatic 12GA Hunting Shotgun
Not cycling rounds. Left it with my father who has been promising to take it to his gunsmithing buddy for years. It was my Grandfather's favorite shotgun, so I can't complain.

1970s Remington TargetMaster 22LR Training Rifle
Pretty ugly, very basic...but I it was my stepfather's only gun. He bought it to teach my stepbrother how to shoot. My mother objected so I was not taught on it. The first firearm I ever fired was an M16 in the USAF.

My father has a nice little collection that will most certainly find their way into my collection one by one, and I base my purchasing decisions on the fact that those will eventually be mine, whether I like them or not. No need to buy what I could get for free just for asking. I will NEVER sell Dad's guns.

CURRENT WISH LIST

- GAU-5 Clone (what I carried in the USAF)
- SR-25 Clone
- Springfield EMP 9mm 1911 Micro-Pistol
- GAP M40A1 Clone .308 Rifle
- Remington 1100 Tactical 12GA Shotgun or Mossberg 930 SPX 12GA Shotgun
- Walther PPK or Bersa Thunder .380 Backup Pistol

Anybody have any “better” options I should consider instead?

Just asking for the hell of it…fun to hear what people are "totally into" and why.

Here is an updated picture...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/Collection_2.jpg

UPDATE: BROKE DOWN AND BOUGHT SOME LOWERS

1) IO AKM PRE-BENT & HEAT TREATED LOWER (building a Romanian AKM)
2) Mega 5.56mm AR Lower (not sure what I am gonna do with this one)
3) CMMG .308 AR Lower (building a 20" precision sniper rifle)

Add one more to that list...

4) Red River Tactical AR Pistol Lower (building a GAU-5A/A clone)

I have a few ideas on what I where I want to take them with regards to the builds, but have yet to order the uppers or parts kits.

Updated Pic and Specs:

Made some minor changes to my M4 and wanted to show off the new ABU chest rig.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/ABU_COLLECTION.jpg

CMMG M4 1:7 Chrome Lined w/ 14.7" Barrel and Perm Attached A2 Hider
Knight's Armament RAS Handguard
Knight's Armament Rail Covers, Various Sizes
Knight's Armament Vertical Forward Grip
Knight's Armament Flip-Up Rear Sight
Magpul Ladder Rail Covers Various Sizes
Magpul MOE Rear Grip
Magpul BAD
Falcon Industries Ergo Gapper
Lewis Machine & Tool SOPMOD Crane Stock
CMMG Milspec Buffer Kit
Wilcox Aimpoint Mount
Aimpoint Comp M3 Night Vision Compatible Red Dot Sight
DPMS Barrel Mounted Front Side Carry Sling Swivel
Daniel Defense QD Push Button Rear Sling Swivel Adapter
Prince 50 Bullet Button
Free Lock Upgrade Red Button
PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle w/ Big Tactical Latch
Surefire Millenium Light w/ Throw Lever Mount

Rivers
11-10-2009, 3:13 PM
CURRENT WISH LIST

UPGRADES
- ACOG or EoTech Sight for my M4
- Glockworx 2lb Trigger Upgrade for my Glock

NEW WEAPONS
- CMMG 10.3” 5.56mm on a AR Pistol Lower (1/3 of the way done as I have the accessories)
- Springfield EMP 9mm 1911 Micro-Pistol
- GAP M40A1 Clone .308 Rifle
- Remington 1100 Tactical 12GA Shotgun
- Walther PPK or Bersa Thunder .380 Backup Pistol

Anybody have any “better” options I should consider instead?

Just asking for the hell of it…fun to hear what people are "totally into" and why.

Instead of the Remington 1100, I'd look also at the Mossberg 930.
http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=32&section=products

Refine your weapons to minimize the different rounds you should have on hand. Doesn't help having a bunch of guns with no ammo for each.

Maybe lose the .308 in favor of a simple lever action 30-30 like a Marlin 336. Great utility for hunting up to a couple hundred yards. Having some nice 12g slugs for the 930 would provide enough stopping power for pretty much anything short of Godzilla. I mean, realistically, Goddy's fire breath would take most of us out anyway...

evollep3
11-10-2009, 3:14 PM
lol if you are the same guy i know you will end up with 3 more AR by years end lol

-hanko
11-10-2009, 3:22 PM
Better than my 10/22 and .38.:D

-hanko

tacticalcity
11-10-2009, 4:00 PM
It's me :-) I do love my ARs...mostly because I get the parts to build them at a discount. So when it comes time to part with them, I don't loose my shirt.

The other guns I purchased and eventually sold were because I was let down by them. They included AKs, CETMEs, Glocks in .40S&W, H&K USPs in 40S&W, Berettas in 40S&W, Remington 870s, and on and on. I lost my infatuation with the .40S&W, I hated the finger grooves in the compact Glock because it did not fit my hand. I hated the performance of both the AK and the CETME and I did not like the lack of speed in a pump shotgun. The ARs I sold because I knew I could always build another one.

My options were based on trying to minimize the amount of different kinds of ammo I have to keep on hand balanced with practical usage. For example, instead of looking at a .45ACP 1911 I am considering the 9mm EMP. Less ammo to buy since my baby (Glock) is already 9mm and because I am a wimp. I am considering the .380 only because it results in a very tiny handgun. yet as much as I love my Glock, it is very hard to conceal during the summer. I am not convinced a .22 will do enough damage. Then again I am not convinced a .380 will either. I just have not found a small enough 9mm to keep it universal. Keep in mind, I get ammo dirt cheap. I don’t have to pay retail for ammo…ever.

I am a huge fan of the .308 rifle, and a huge fan of the USMC M40A1 rifle. GAP does an excellent job with their clone. It's calling to me big time. Other calibers are no more practical for me than the .308, other than the fact that I already own a .223. I just can’t see spending that kind of money on a GAP rifle that is not .308 or higher. And the M40A1 was a .308 rifle.

I will definitely take a look at the Mossberg and see if I can't do a side by side shoot at some point. I’ve owned an 870 in the past, and technically own a Remington Sportsman 58 from the 60s (Dad is hanging onto it). So Remington is what I know. Kind of a MAC vs. PC thing. But I am certainly willing to check out the Mossberg.

bruss01
11-10-2009, 4:02 PM
TC -

I would say you have a good start, not that your collection is "pathetic". It is simply in it's infancy. The choices you have made so far are very good.

Next up, I might suggest you consider acquiring the following:

Remington 870 pump or 11-87 semi-auto shotgun (12 ga)
Ruger 10/22 semi or 77/22 bolt

You may also want to add a high-accuracy long range rifle of some kind. For this, .308 would be a good caliber. Look at the Remington 700 or the Savage American Classic.

Beyond this, you may need some other firearms for duplication of what you already have (two is one, one is none) or for loaners. A .22 pistol is perfect for introducing new shooters to the sport, and it is all the simpler if it is a revolver. Using a hefty revolver, even a complete novice can enjoy shooting .38 special - I have a Ruger GP-100 that is a favorite among new shooters for this very reason.

Do you have a ccw piece? Something that conceals handily but still fits your grip and which you can shoot well? I have two for this purpose, a CZ-75b Compact .40, and a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 - I have to confess, the Bulldog has gone for a walk many times, the CZ I enjoy at the range but has never taken "the walk" with me.

Have fun and unless a collection is full of junk, it's never pathetic!

tacticalcity
11-10-2009, 4:10 PM
More accurately, I chose to start over...and over...and over.

The inside joke is that my guns never make it more than four years before I get a bug up my butt and unload them. I've talked people into doing custom work on my stuff in trade, only to turn around and sell them...catching a ton of heat for it. I have something of a reputation of falling out of love with my guns and helping NOOBs get a major head start in their AR collections, passing on my dealer discounts at time of sale so they can actually afford the higher end options they might otherwise skip the first time around.

SJgunguy24
11-10-2009, 4:12 PM
AK should be up there.

tacticalcity
11-10-2009, 4:17 PM
AKM? Had one...hated it. It was stunning beautiful. Had custom work done by a fellow member and he did an amazing job. I just was not impressed with the weapon system itself. My complaints were crunchy trigger, hard to use sights, and hard to swap magazines. I know others love them. I am not knocking their love, I just don't share it. To each their own.

SJgunguy24
11-10-2009, 4:37 PM
AKM? Had one...hated it. It was stunning beautiful. Had custom work done by a fellow member and he did an amazing job. I just was not impressed with the weapon system itself. My complaints were crunchy trigger, hard to use sights, and hard to swap magazines. I know others love them. I am not knocking their love, I just don't share it. To each their own.

I welded a HK G3 rear to the receiver cover and an old SKS front to
the gas block of my black Saiga. It makes a world of difference.

Rob454
11-10-2009, 4:38 PM
Thats not bad. At least you got some guns.

evollep3
11-10-2009, 4:43 PM
I welded a HK G3 rear to the receiver cover and an old SKS front to
the gas block of my black Saiga. It makes a world of difference.

+1 his HK sights were awesome i seen it in person saturday and it remotivated me to put a little more time in my AK and this is coming from me who has

more then enought shares of AR's

gunsmithcats
11-10-2009, 5:35 PM
get the ga precision one first.
They keep going up in price damn it.
Snipershide has a lot of ga precision rifles in the for sale forum right now.

audihenry
11-10-2009, 5:41 PM
You have too many guns. ;)

Beelzy
11-11-2009, 5:42 AM
Well for a guy with the handle TacticalCity you're right, that's pathetic. :p

Get a long range rifle next. It will keep you entertained for a while.

plankowner
11-11-2009, 5:59 AM
get youself an m1a scout you wont regret it.

SuperSet
11-11-2009, 6:43 AM
No worries. Come SHTF, I'd watch out for the guy with 2 well-worn weapons vs. the guy with 20 brand-spanking new ones. ;)

Greg-Dawg
11-11-2009, 7:24 AM
Add two more Glocks, Rem 700 bolt and Rem 870. You will be complete with these.

tacticalcity
11-11-2009, 9:50 AM
get youself an m1a scout you wont regret it.

While the Scout is a fun rifle, my M4 pretty much fills the role of a "practical" rifle in my collection. I'd kind of like to move onto a different class of weapon.

I've wanted a full length M1A for a while now, planned on putting a McMillan M1A National Match Fiberglass stock on it like the USMC Sniper Rifles at the tail end of Vietnam...as I have an account with McMillan and they make amazing rifle stocks...and a Leupold Mark 4 Scope as I get those dirt cheap too.

Then I saw the GAP Precision M40A1...and fell in love.

Another delima for me is that while I get EXCELLENT pricing on the McMillan stock, I have to pay retail for the rest of the M1A rifle itself. However if I build an AR10, the only part I have to retail on is the lower. So I am going to go the semi-auto root on a .308 dollars and cents wise it makes more sense for me to take advantage of the accounts I have and go with the AR10.

Still, I do love the M1A. Great rifle!

tacticalcity
11-11-2009, 9:53 AM

Well if the girl in your Avatar is your girlfriend I should be saying "not bad" to you.

double_action
11-11-2009, 9:56 AM
I know how you feel tacticalcity. In my lifetime I've owned a couple hundred guns. Current inventory is a pathetic 5.

kamagong
11-11-2009, 1:14 PM
I don't think it's pathetic at all. A glock and an AR should do for most of your needs. I myself only have six guns, a couple of 1911s, a BHP, an AR, a CZ 452 and a Ruger 22/45. I don't need a ton of guns. I do have a few guns on my wish list, but I'm going to build up the arsenal a little at a time. I'd rather have a few good guns than a bunch of okay guns that I don't really like.

tacticalcity
11-11-2009, 2:08 PM
So I decided on the EoTech for my AR. Eventually I'll get the ACOG. For now I just want to mark this project "done" (as if such a thing exists).

tacticalcity
11-11-2009, 2:29 PM
TC -

I would say you have a good start, not that your collection is "pathetic". It is simply in it's infancy. The choices you have made so far are very good.

Next up, I might suggest you consider acquiring the following:

Remington 870 pump or 11-87 semi-auto shotgun (12 ga)
Ruger 10/22 semi or 77/22 bolt

You may also want to add a high-accuracy long range rifle of some kind. For this, .308 would be a good caliber. Look at the Remington 700 or the Savage American Classic.

Beyond this, you may need some other firearms for duplication of what you already have (two is one, one is none) or for loaners. A .22 pistol is perfect for introducing new shooters to the sport, and it is all the simpler if it is a revolver. Using a hefty revolver, even a complete novice can enjoy shooting .38 special - I have a Ruger GP-100 that is a favorite among new shooters for this very reason.

Do you have a ccw piece? Something that conceals handily but still fits your grip and which you can shoot well? I have two for this purpose, a CZ-75b Compact .40, and a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 - I have to confess, the Bulldog has gone for a walk many times, the CZ I enjoy at the range but has never taken "the walk" with me.

Have fun and unless a collection is full of junk, it's never pathetic!

I'm not much of a .22lr fan. Feels too much like shooting an airgun to me. Too much pent up frustration I need to unload I guess. I own a single shot Remington Targetmaster .22lr that I completely forgot about. It was my Stepfather's. It is a real peice of crap, but I can't sell it. It's the only thing I inherited from him.

It does make a nice rifle for kids learning to shoot, because it has a lot of safety features built right into its design. Nobody is gonna go postal with this thing. So with lots of supervision, as in me standing right behind them the entire time, this is the rifle I use to teach the young family members how to shoot for the first time. But they are all grown up these days. Soon enough they will be having kids of their own.

diginit
11-11-2009, 7:45 PM
Check out the Keltec SU-16. Legal in Ca to use preban hi caps with a standard mag release, 5.56 Nato chamber, Folds to 26 1/4, Light, accurate,Holds 2, 10 rnd mags or 1, 30 in the stock. Fun Rifle. Even with a cheap BSA red dot. Get the compact forend shown here. The stock forestock is krap.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/diginit/MySU-16.jpg

Here's a better view of the forestock with stock sites

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/diginit/KelTec.jpg

tacticalcity
11-12-2009, 1:35 PM
Darn EoTech is still in the mail. Was hoping it would have arrived today. This thread needs a picture. Your pictures are making me jealous.

tacticalcity
11-17-2009, 7:35 PM
Eotech is here...posting a pic in the original post now.

tacticalcity
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Well, not crazy about the EoTech sight. It is headed back. Trying to decide between an Aimpoint and a Trijicon Accupoint. Not sure the varialble power is worth the added weight, but don't want to find I needed and don't have it.

So much for being done with this rifle!

.22guy
11-18-2009, 2:21 PM
You need a 10/22, Remington 870/Mossberg 500, Ruger Single Six, a Garand, a Mauser, and a Mosin-Nagant. You're welcome! :)

tacticalcity
11-18-2009, 2:32 PM
I like the "you're welcome" part. Is that what's in your collection?

I've owned a few different 870s before. Was thinking of going with a semi-auto next time.

technique
11-18-2009, 3:34 PM
What happened to your AR pistol?

tacticalcity
11-18-2009, 3:55 PM
Sold it. Will end up building another one. Odds are next year these guns will be sold too. I am terrible that way.

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-19-2009, 5:48 PM
dont feel bad i only have a rem 700, RIA 1911, 10/22 and ar15 lower. nothing fantastic about any most pretty simple.

tacticalcity
11-20-2009, 9:04 AM
Can't go wrong with those. Which model Remington 700? What caliber?

Black Majik
11-20-2009, 9:09 AM
I really think a shotgun should be next. It's a need. Maybe a .22LR rifle, that's a need as well.

Everything thing else is a want. :)

tacticalcity
11-25-2009, 8:06 PM
Yeah, as far as rounding out the collection, and living up to my screen name...a Tactical Shotgun would be a wise purchase. The only thing stopping me is that my father owns so many shotguns, and they are pretty much mine whenever I want to use them. So as far as hunting, skeet shooting, and so on...I'm not exactly going without.

My father also has a really nice bolt action .22LR rifle, and I have a really cheap one I had forgotten all about. So when the kiddies need shooting lessons, I have access to those as well.

It's nice to have a father who is also into guns and who I am on really good terms with (most of the time). We just have very different opinions of what makes a gun worth purchasing. His collection has a sort of traditional macho hunter feel to it. While mine is all about military and law enforcement stuff. We both like each others guns, and find them fun to shoot...we'd just never buy one the other guy's guns for ourselves.

bombadillo
11-25-2009, 8:29 PM
Benelli M1 is a lot of fun. Or a Mossberg 930spx would be a good "tactical" shotgun worth getting.

tacticalcity
11-25-2009, 8:47 PM
I am sure that once I get a few more handgun and carbine courses out of the way I'll be eager to get a shotgun and take a few courses with it.

My last shotgun was a Remington 870 Express (HD) all tricked out of course, since I sell accessories. Knoxx Specops Stock, Surefire Forend, Ghost Ring Sights, Side Saddle and so on. Much to my surprise I was much more effective with a simple bead sight than ghost rings. That was an expensive lesson to learn. For some reason I am drastically faster and more accurate with a simple bead than anything else. The fancy sights sound nice, but they are slow and just sort of unneccessary.

Definately going with a semi-auto next time around. My 870 seemed to get "stuck" and take a sort of double pull every four or five shots...both with and without the SureFire forend. Had 3 seperate 870s do it. I always assumed that with time it work itself out. But I never kept them long enough to find out. I was too busy shooting my ARs.

tacticalcity
12-07-2009, 2:19 PM
Have all the parts I need for my build except the throw lever mount for the SureFire Millenium Light. Still waiting on that bad boy.

for2nato
12-07-2009, 5:40 PM
I am sure that once I get a few more handgun and carbine courses out of the way I'll be eager to get a shotgun and take a few courses with it.

My last shotgun was a Remington 870 Express (HD) all tricked out of course, since I sell accessories. Knoxx Specops Stock, Surefire Forend, Ghost Ring Sights, Side Saddle and so on. Much to my surprise I was much more effective with a simple bead sight than ghost rings. That was an expensive lesson to learn. For some reason I am drastically faster and more accurate with a simple bead than anything else. The fancy sights sound nice, but they are slow and just sort of unneccessary.

Definately going with a semi-auto next time around. My 870 seemed to get "stuck" and take a sort of double pull every four or five shots...both with and without the SureFire forend. Had 3 seperate 870s do it. I always assumed that with time it work itself out. But I never kept them long enough to find out. I was too busy shooting my ARs.

i think that is a common problem with the 870 sg. it varies with different ammo. my friends 870 will not shoot any winchester ammo. period. i had to actually rack the gun against my foot to get the pump to slide once. it was horrible. but with federal or remi ammo it was very pleasant to shoot. and problem free.

RogueSniper
12-07-2009, 8:53 PM
Get an 870 ribbed barrel, cut it to 18", and put a fiber optic on instead of a bead. I've got a Frankenstein looking 870TB all chopped up but, OMG, it fits nice. Former owner used in Competition.

Drop the Walther PPK and get a Colt 380 Government. While the Walther has a certain mystique about it, and I love all my Walthers, that PPK hurts (and love hurts)! Too snappy. The Colt 380 Government is a dream to shoot, and shoot again, and again, and again. For an inexpensive 380, keep the Bersa on your list - I have yet to locate one.

If you're staying with 9mm, what about a 1911 (Commander) in 9mm, too? Those are a lot fun, too. Slim and sleek. Get one and have it e-nickel'd and she'll be your skinny girlfriend that's tuck in your pants for a CCW.

tacticalcity
12-08-2009, 2:44 PM
I'm more of a semi-auto guy than a pump guy. Maybe it was the ammo, but I've never liked the action of the 870 and like the speed of a semi-auto.

Never shot a Walther so I have no referrence point. I've owned a Bersa before. Traded an 870 to get it. Ended up selling it to raise funds for an AR project. It was comfortable in my hand, though I never got a chance to shoot it. It certainly looked pretty. The lack of rubberized grips for them bugs me, and the Hogue sleeve gets in the way on it. They also do not come with night sights, or the ability to add night sights. Then again, it's a backup.

I'll take a look at he other suggestions you made. Thanks for those.

tacticalcity
12-08-2009, 2:52 PM

Ok, that avatar is just mean. Way too small of a picture. Just torture, had me squinting at it for about an hour. ;)

OneApart
12-08-2009, 3:01 PM
Not pathetic at all man, like Bruss01 mentioned..... it's just in it's infancy.

Keep it going.... the direction your headed is a good one, keep on that path and you will have a nice collection before you know it!! :thumbsup:

xm177
12-08-2009, 4:38 PM
Fear the man who has but one gun - he knows how to use it. ;)

MikeinnLA
12-08-2009, 5:18 PM
My only thought is in terms of the ones that you are not shooting so as to keep them nice for future generations. Remember that what you hand down is not just the gun, but also the memories of good times you had with it. When you pass down a gun with a few good stories attached, you pass down more than a gun, you pass down a piece of your life. Just a thought.

Mike

tacticalcity
12-09-2009, 4:20 PM
I hear ya mike. Most of them are just not really my speed. If I had a need to go duck hunting, for example, I would use my Grandfather's Remington Sportsman 58 shotgun or maybe his over/under (not sure of the brand or make). Since I am not a big hunter, the shotguns sit in my Dad's safe.

So I brokedown and decided to stock up on some lowers. Not sure what types of builds they will end up being, but I figured what the heck. I like to get at least 3 long guns per DROS to spread that $60 out.

Added an AR Pistol Lower on a seperate DROS.

tacticalcity
12-15-2009, 11:39 AM
lol if you are the same guy i know you will end up with 3 more AR by years end lol

3 ARs (if you count lowers) and an AK...you called it with 1/2 a month to spare!

HowardW56
12-15-2009, 5:16 PM
Looks like a good start... Give it another 20 or 30 years

okimreloaded
12-15-2009, 7:14 PM
You need a 10/22, Remington 870/Mossberg 500, Ruger Single Six, a Garand, a Mauser, and a Mosin-Nagant. You're welcome! :)

I started out with a xd .40 and in the last week bought a remington 870 and a ruger 10/22 - haven't got to shoot either cuz of the rain. I'm def going to get a garand and a mosin-nagant next. I like the prices on those old guns. Mosin-nagant for 99 bucks... holy crap!

tacticalcity
01-02-2010, 8:08 AM
Updating the pick and specs...

xibunkrlilkidsx
01-02-2010, 8:49 AM
Can't go wrong with those. Which model Remington 700? What caliber?

sps varmit .308win.

B&C Medalist stock
Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 mildot
nightforce 20moa base.
not the top of the line stuff. but it will shoot quarters if i try with bulk ammo.

tacticalcity
01-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice rifle. The only difference between your rifle and the Police model as far as the metal is the finish. So it's a great base to start from when building a custom rifle. All of which you probably know already. I've never tried the B&C stocks, I have an account with McMillan and always use them on my Remington 700 builds. They don't offer a huge dealer discount, but it does help. Nikon makes a nice scope. It is hard to go wrong with a Remington 700 in .308. Such a great rifle. So accurate.

Turbinator
01-03-2010, 8:24 AM
I can't believe this thread is still going since the beginning of Nov. Why don't we just take up a collection so that you could add a nice HiPoint or a Sigma 9mm to your collection - so that way it isn't pathetic any more..? :D

Turby