PDA

View Full Version : Ak build

adgrimm03
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok guys Im looking for someone to build up my Ak parts kit. It is a Romy G kit that needs to be demilled and refinished. I have the AK builder rivets and the tapco single hook trigger,and yes I have the NDS-3 reciever,any other compliance parts Im willing to buy. Do you guys know any reputable Ak builders out there that do a great job. Just need a little direction.

50BMGBOB
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Why not attend a build party and do it yourself with help from others at the party? I know there is one in Antioch (only 30 minites from Livermore) on Dec 5. Check the gunsmith section for details.

audihenry
11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok guys Im looking for someone to build up my Ak parts kit. It is a Romy G kit that needs to be demilled and refinished. I have the AK builder rivets and the tapco single hook trigger,and yes I have the NDS-3 reciever,any other compliance parts Im willing to buy. Do you guys know any reputable Ak builders out there that do a great job. Just need a little direction.

Ken Kubin at Global Military Gunsmithing (http://www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/). Tell him Henry sent ya.

evollep3
11-10-2009, 12:58 PM
theres a few guys local to you that are excellent contributors when the builds are going

adgrimm03
11-10-2009, 2:12 PM
I thank you guys for the help Im going to check them all out.

Stormfeather
11-10-2009, 2:14 PM
Im kind of in the same spot. Im needing to get one built somewhat fast. as in, within the next 8 days. Anyone in the dublin/livermore/pleasanton area willing to help me out?

evollep3
11-10-2009, 3:13 PM
i would help out if i had the tools but there are a few guys out there who i think charges a little prem to help out i forget the name

audihenry
11-10-2009, 5:44 PM
I want to add that not all builds are equal: if you want a high quality gun without flattened rivets, improper seating of some of the parts, and so on, don't risk doing it yourself, especially if it's an expensive/rare kit. It's not too expensive to get a pro to do it for you and you'll know that it will be a solid gun.

If you want to learn how to do it, that's something else entirely, and the group builds sound awesome for that, though I've never done it.

evollep3
11-10-2009, 5:57 PM
I want to add that not all builds are equal: if you want a high quality gun without flattened rivets, improper seating of some of the parts, and so on, don't risk doing it yourself, especially if it's an expensive/rare kit. It's not too expensive to get a pro to do it for you and you'll know that it will be a solid gun.

If you want to learn how to do it, that's something else entirely, and the group builds sound awesome for that, though I've never done it.

built 5 to this date not one had any hick ups building it your self not only means a lot more for your self but also teaches you the different aspects of your rifle that you would never know if someone else did it for you and plus its a AK so what if the rivets are not perfectly round :confused: i throw mines around like chris brown did to rihannana

dirtyJ
11-10-2009, 6:15 PM
Feel free to bring it up to the shop in Woodland, we'll knock it out quick for ya, especially if you've already got the receiver. Dunno on price, you'd have to talk to red for that.