PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ABOUT RENO GUN SHOW THIS WEEKEND

gilroyguns
11-10-2009, 9:43 AM
Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to carry your C and R rifle around with the intention of trying to sell it at the show?

Can you have a sign on the rifle?

Can you sell to anyone or do they have to have a C and R?

Also what are the rules of someone with a C and R buying at the show? Do you just have to hand the seller a copy of your c and r and you are all set to take it away with you......?

Thanks in advance for any help

SJgunguy24
11-10-2009, 9:52 AM
Never been up there, but I do know you need a copy of your license when you transport newly aquired firearms accross state lines. I also beleive it's illegal to buy a gun (PPT cash and carry) outside of your home state unless it's transferred FFL-FFL.

If i'm wrong ke6guj will let me know.

ke6guj
11-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Never been up there, but I do know you need a copy of your license when you transport newly aquired firearms accross state lines.
never heard of that.

I also beleive it's illegal to buy a gun (PPT cash and carry) outside of your home state unless it's transferred FFL-FFL. basically true. Doesn't have to go FFL to FFL, but the private party seller would need to send it to your local FFL to facilitate the transfer.

If i'm wrong ke6guj will let me know.:D

Mssr. Eleganté
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to carry your C and R rifle around with the intention of trying to sell it at the show?

Yes, it is.

Can you have a sign on the rifle?

Yes, you can.

Can you sell to anyone or do they have to have a C and R?

If you are not from Nevada then you can only sell to another FFL.

Also what are the rules of someone with a C and R buying at the show? Do you just have to hand the seller a copy of your c and r and you are all set to take it away with you......?

If the seller is not an FFL then you are not required to give them a copy of your FFL, but many sellers will want a copy to cover themselves. You are required to get an unlicensed seller's name and address for your bound book. This is often a deal breaker for the seller, since many of them don't want to give out this kind of information to a stranger.