View Full Version : Question about magazine release parts storage.

11-09-2009, 7:19 PM

Quick question.

I have a Bullet Button installed on my OLL.

Would it be ok for me to store the standard mag release button and spring inside one of the VLTOR EMod's compartments? For conversion for out-of-California-state usage, not to be installed inside the state of California.

Or could this be considered intent to construct an AW? If I were to store the tool with the button and spring, I think it might be considered intent, but I'm not sure.

I do not have any parts or tools stored on or in any part of my rifle at this time, as I want to make sure before I do anything.

Thank you for your time.

11-09-2009, 7:44 PM
Storing the traditional magazine parts in a compartment on your AR creates no legal problem. The only issue you run into is whether you're making it easier for a bad apple in law enforcement to change your configuration. The latter is very unlikely however.

11-09-2009, 9:35 PM
Gene beat me to it, we're 100% in agreement.

B Strong
11-10-2009, 5:33 AM
I agree with Gene and Bill, but I'm somewhat more pessimistic.

I would not have the GI mag relese parts in any storage container attached to the firearm.

I know, no constructive possession issue, etc, but unfortunately, not everyone in any field in honest and upright. I wouldn't care to test my luck.

All my GI mag release parts are in a parts storage box, if I'd need to bring them with out-of-state, they'd go in another box, outside the rifle case(s) Not perfect, but one step removed from potential monkey business.