View Full Version : trouble with Taurus

11-09-2009, 4:25 PM
This thread isn't meant to bash Taurus, just a heads up for future buyers:

So i bought a Taurus Millenium .45 pro back in March. Loved everything about the gun and its warranty. When i took it to the range the first time...I HAD OVER 40 FAILURE TO FEED'S OUT OF 50!!! I was pretty upset so i set to checking the problem out. It soon became obvious that the magazines weren't elevating the ammo properly before feeding and the lip of the casing was catching on the magazine and causing a FTF. I checked my warranty with Taurus and they said they'll replace them but they dont have any in stock right now. So i waited a while and worked the magazines as much as possible to try and break them in hoping to fix the problem (no luck). finally in July they said they had some and to go ahead and send them both in so it'll get taken care of faster. they also said it will be a 2-3 week turn around TOPS!!! so i did, and i waited. I called on July 28th and they said they hadn't received my magazines yet but they still had plenty in stock. I called on the 29th and they said they got my magazines and placed my order....but the magazines are on backorder now so they wont be able to fill the order until more come in. I wont say all the things i said to them at that point (because of the CGN filter) but i was upset. I called 2-3 times per week since then and got the same answer. The worst is, I've been told multiple times "there's a shipment coming in that has those magazines on it so you'll be getting them sent to you in a just a few days, weeks at most". Shipments come in....just not with my magazines on them. I've left messages with supervisors complaining about being lied to about my magazines, and one even told me "i'll print out your order, put it on my desk, and if i come across your magazines or a gun that i can strip the magazines from, i'll send you some without canceling your order so you'll have extra to make up for being lied to like that". that still hasn't happened either. I was told they get shipments in every week...now i'm being told they only get magazines once a month. LIES LIES LIES...that's all i get from Taurus. I sent my magazines in for replacement/repair in July and it's now November. The last supervisor i talked to said that sometimes people have the magazines in their desk drawers so he'll look around and send me what he finds.....what kind of company lets customer service people just hold on to merchandise, let alone merchandise that has been on backorder for months!!! and how does the factory let it go on backorder when (according to what they've told me) there are almost 200 orders for this type of magazine that need to be filled??? They're still making the gun which means they're still making the magazines, but there isn't any extra and although they say "backorders get filled first" they let the backorders go for over 3 months.
So anyone who was thinking about getting a Taurus, just take this into consideration. I'm not going to sell my 45 just because of this, but right now i have a single shot (aka worthless) 45 and Taurus doesn't give a flying F**k about it. also, it takes about 20 minutes of refusing to hang up and continuous complaining to get the supervisors on the phone. Maybe the better business bureau will have better luck getting through.

11-09-2009, 4:28 PM
I just hope new mags fix it.

Hollow Grind
11-09-2009, 4:40 PM
Paragraphs are your friend.

11-09-2009, 5:25 PM
Is there cliff notes on your post ? I am really really interested to see what Żou have to say.

(Viewing and posting from blackberry.)

Maltese Falcon
11-09-2009, 5:30 PM
Was it bought new or used? I recently bought exact same, just haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Seller indicated no problems.

11-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Go to taurusarmed.com, they cover your consern very well.

11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Taurus autos have a bad rep for a reason...

11-10-2009, 10:05 PM
bought new...every review i read before i bought said the gun was great. and when it did fire and cycle, i was able to pull better shots than with any other gun. i love the gun, hate the way i've been treated. dealing with the better business bereau right now.

11-11-2009, 3:10 PM
got a call from taurus today that said my magazines will be here tomorrow, i guess i pissed them off so bad (or the BBB did their job so well) that they took 2 mags from a new gun. it'll remain to be seen whether these ones malfunction or not too. good thing i found after market mags in stock today also that carry lifetime warrantys too.

11-12-2009, 9:42 AM
Thats one HUGE reason why I love Glock. Great customer service and parts are avalible everywhere.

11-12-2009, 9:47 AM
I've got a Taurus revolver that I like a lot, but DAMN DUDE! I hate bad customer service. Been thinking of getting a 24/7 - but now I'll have to think a little harder before acting.

To those of you ragging on the long paragraph, I've seen a lot worse. There was some guy this morning who, from the quality of his writing, must speak like Jar Jar Binks.

11-12-2009, 5:43 PM
Thats one HUGE reason why I love Glock. Great customer service and parts are avalible everywhere.

i hear you! i got my magazines today and surprise surprise.....one of them doesn't work. had the same problem as the last ones did. I can barely even get the ammo into the damn thing!! just looking at it, it looks like a used magazine. Not happy, and i'll be contacting Taurus again first thing in the morning.